Browns Uniform.. One Man's Vision
-
And I had a $65 + cheaper Chateaux Ste. Michelle Select Harvest Sweet Riesling from Washington State. ?
Hey, the Elyse was "only" $40. The only zinfandels in that price ($65+) stratosphere are the single vineyard Turleys.
Hey, the Elyse was "only" $40. The only zinfandels in that price ($65+) stratosphere are the single vineyard Turleys.
You got it cheap then because here it is listed on totalwine.com they have it listed for $73.99 and not even available in my area. You must have bought it back in the stone age for that price. Should be just about ready.?
-
Hey, the Elyse was "only" $40. The only zinfandels in that price ($65+) stratosphere are the single vineyard Turleys.
You got it cheap then because here it is listed on totalwine.com they have it listed for $73.99 and not even available in my area. You must have bought it back in the stone age for that price. Should be just about ready.?
You got it cheap then because here it is listed on totalwine.com they have it listed for $73.99 and not even available in my area. You must have bought it back in the stone age for that price. Should be just about ready.?
Only bought it about a week ago. One of the Distributors here mentioned he has just gotten some, I didn't hesitate. I hadn't seen any for years either. Must have been lying around somewhere, because it sure wasn't a current release- 2013.
BTW, 99 out of 100 times, I can't come close to Total Wines prices here in Ohio. The nearest Total Wine is a 100 mile drive for me down Kentucky way. There will never be one in Ohio, because everyone in the supply chain is cozy with making a guaranteed profit. It sort of sucks how things are set up here, it's a multi tiered markup. The Liquor Control board sets a floor price that a wholesaler buys it at, that gets marked up when a retailer buys it, and by the time it gets to the customer there's at least a 30-40% markup. You get a 10% discount on a case, but the retailer still gets a 20% profit. Only exception is when something's been lying around that wholesaler or retailer wants to dump, just to get rid of, then you get a "post off" price. Many other states cut out the wholesaler, and can buy direct from the source. Way back, MacArthur Beverage in Washington DC bought 1\2 of Chateau Pichon Lalande's 1987 vintage, about 10,000 cases, and sold all of it for $20 a bottle. Other problem is as far as boutique booze is concerned, if OHIO BLC (they're the only one who gets stuff direct from distilleries by law) can't move at least 1,000 cases of something, they're not interested. I'm shocked I occasionally see Diplomatico Reserva here.
-
We currently have awful uniforms. We used to have nice uni's.
What's wrong with just using the classic look? Green Bay, Cowboys, or the Steelers unis have changed very little recently. Leave it to Nike to want to make a buck. I was forced to buy a new jersey this year, because my old one was falling apart.
What's wrong with just using the classic look? Green Bay, Cowboys, or the Steelers
Jimmuh is what's wrong. He's a marketing guy. He want's everything to 'look' new & improved. Remember? He said he wanted to bring the uniforms into the modern era. - Well I wrote him a letter letting him know how the people that I know feel about the new uni's. And I told him, "I don't see the Yankees trading their pin-stripes for polka-dots any time soon." Believe it or not, he wrote back saying that he'd pass my letter on to marketing. SO....if in 2020 the team is wearing pin-stripes, you can blame me.
-
What's wrong with just using the classic look? Green Bay, Cowboys, or the Steelers
Jimmuh is what's wrong. He's a marketing guy. He want's everything to 'look' new & improved. Remember? He said he wanted to bring the uniforms into the modern era. - Well I wrote him a letter letting him know how the people that I know feel about the new uni's. And I told him, "I don't see the Yankees trading their pin-stripes for polka-dots any time soon." Believe it or not, he wrote back saying that he'd pass my letter on to marketing. SO....if in 2020 the team is wearing pin-stripes, you can blame me.
Jimmuh is what's wrong. He's a marketing guy. He want's everything to 'look' new & improved. Remember? He said he wanted to bring the uniforms into the modern era. - Well I wrote him a letter letting him know how the people that I know feel about the new uni's. And I told him, "I don't see the Yankees trading their pin-stripes for polka-dots any time soon." Believe it or not, he wrote back saying that he'd pass my letter on to marketing. SO....if in 2020 the team is wearing pin-stripes, you can blame me.
It’s more his wife then Jimmy because she is the one with the public relations background
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login