Skip to content

Senior/Pro Bowl Chatroom

The Browns Board
25 10 537
  • @the-gipper said:

    My youngest grandparent to die was not that old.   But that is what happens when the building full of civilians you are in gets hit by a fucking Nazi bomb.   So FUCK these Nazi sympathizers in this country .  In a sense I would like to give them all the same treatment they gave my grandfather. But I am not that guy.

    My youngest grandparent to die did when my father was 18.

    I'm very curious Gip, where and when did that happen?  

    @nero said:

    My youngest grandparent to die did when my father was 18.

    I'm very curious Gip, where and when did that happen?  

    During the war obviously....the Blitz....he was working in an office near the docks of Portsmouth, I believe, on the south coast of England.  I am not sure of the exact date.

  • @nero said:

    My youngest grandparent to die did when my father was 18.

    I'm very curious Gip, where and when did that happen?  

    During the war obviously....the Blitz....he was working in an office near the docks of Portsmouth, I believe, on the south coast of England.  I am not sure of the exact date.

    @the-gipper said:

    During the war obviously....the Blitz....he was working in an office near the docks of Portsmouth, I believe, on the south coast of England.  I am not sure of the exact date.

    I was wondering about the year, not the period. It is an interesting part of History because in the Battle of Britain, Germans started winning because they targeted key military positions, but once the Allies bombed intentionally civil targets (I'd say it was Berlin, but might be another german city), the Germans switched their targets and began to lose the battle... At the same time destroying many civil lives. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    During the war obviously....the Blitz....he was working in an office near the docks of Portsmouth, I believe, on the south coast of England.  I am not sure of the exact date.

    I was wondering about the year, not the period. It is an interesting part of History because in the Battle of Britain, Germans started winning because they targeted key military positions, but once the Allies bombed intentionally civil targets (I'd say it was Berlin, but might be another german city), the Germans switched their targets and began to lose the battle... At the same time destroying many civil lives. 

    @nero said:

    I was wondering about the year, not the period. It is an interesting part of History because in the Battle of Britain, Germans started winning because they targeted key military positions, but once the Allies bombed intentionally civil targets (I'd say it was Berlin, but might be another german city), the Germans switched their targets and began to lose the battle... At the same time destroying many civil lives. 

    He worked for the British admiralty so the building he was in would have been considered a military target I suppose 

  • @nero said:

    I was wondering about the year, not the period. It is an interesting part of History because in the Battle of Britain, Germans started winning because they targeted key military positions, but once the Allies bombed intentionally civil targets (I'd say it was Berlin, but might be another german city), the Germans switched their targets and began to lose the battle... At the same time destroying many civil lives. 

    He worked for the British admiralty so the building he was in would have been considered a military target I suppose 

    @the-gipper said:

    He worked for the British admiralty so the building he was in would have been considered a military target I suppose 

    Well, then it looks the building was not so full of civilians... Rest in Peace, anyway. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    He worked for the British admiralty so the building he was in would have been considered a military target I suppose 

    Well, then it looks the building was not so full of civilians... Rest in Peace, anyway. 

    @nero said:

    Well, then it looks the building was not so full of civilians... Rest in Peace, anyway. 

    Yeah they were pretty much all civilians. It is just that their job is to work at the ports. Obviously they were in support of the military at that time but otherwise they just help with shipping. In fact my grandfather was there at Queens town working when the titanic left Port