Skip to content

OL Tour

The Browns Board
26 14 663 1
  • @ballpeen said:

    You have to consider the era in which we live....it's all about talking points.  As the beat reporter her job is to broad brush the topics.  She does a good job at that.

    She does a shitty job.. She rehashes what everyone already knows...

    @nickers said:

    She does a shitty job.. She rehashes what everyone already knows...

    But how do we know it until someone like her hashes  it in the first place

  • @nickers said:

    She does a shitty job.. She rehashes what everyone already knows...

    But how do we know it until someone like her hashes  it in the first place

    @the-gipper said:

    But how do we know it until someone like her hashes  it in the first place

    If MKC is the only source of info on the Browns , then this a sad mother fucking town for sports coverage.... Her and Tony G have been a huge black eye on Cleveland sports reporting.... I miss guys like Bob August, Hal Lebowitz.. I miss reporters like Herb Kamm , Joe Menzer and Mike Royko who brought class and intelligence to reporting.... MKC and Tony are pure hacks.. And offer 0 credibility to anything....

  • @the-gipper said:

    But how do we know it until someone like her hashes  it in the first place

    If MKC is the only source of info on the Browns , then this a sad mother fucking town for sports coverage.... Her and Tony G have been a huge black eye on Cleveland sports reporting.... I miss guys like Bob August, Hal Lebowitz.. I miss reporters like Herb Kamm , Joe Menzer and Mike Royko who brought class and intelligence to reporting.... MKC and Tony are pure hacks.. And offer 0 credibility to anything....

    @nickers said:

    If MKC is the only source of info on the Browns , then this a sad mother fucking town for sports coverage.... Her and Tony G have been a huge black eye on Cleveland sports reporting.... I miss guys like Bob August, Hal Lebowitz.. I miss reporters like Herb Kamm , Joe Menzer and Mike Royko who brought class and intelligence to reporting.... MKC and Tony are pure hacks.. And offer 0 credibility to anything....

    I miss reporters like that as well, but I have news for you, they don't exist anymore.  In this computer, message board era, reporting is a thing of the past.

  • @nickers said:

    If MKC is the only source of info on the Browns , then this a sad mother fucking town for sports coverage.... Her and Tony G have been a huge black eye on Cleveland sports reporting.... I miss guys like Bob August, Hal Lebowitz.. I miss reporters like Herb Kamm , Joe Menzer and Mike Royko who brought class and intelligence to reporting.... MKC and Tony are pure hacks.. And offer 0 credibility to anything....

    I miss reporters like that as well, but I have news for you, they don't exist anymore.  In this computer, message board era, reporting is a thing of the past.

    @ballpeen said:

    I miss reporters like that as well, but I have news for you, they don't exist anymore.  In this computer, message board era, reporting is a thing of the past.

    Today reporting is nothing but 'cute' little sound bites.. It has sunk to the lowest common denominator

  • I agree, but since it is that way nearly everywhere, our reporters are no better or worse that what you would get elsewhere other than different names.

    It is what it is.

    Also, in the old days, reporters got the scoop, and they also protected players.  Nobody was reporting that Mickey mantle was pretty much a drunk and going out every night past curfew.    I am sure the reporters knew that, but it just wasn't reported, so they got tighter with players.  Hell, they were probably out drinking with them.

    I always liked Chuck Heaton when I lived up there.  He was another quality reporter to add to the ones you mentioned.

  • I agree, but since it is that way nearly everywhere, our reporters are no better or worse that what you would get elsewhere other than different names.

    It is what it is.

    Also, in the old days, reporters got the scoop, and they also protected players.  Nobody was reporting that Mickey mantle was pretty much a drunk and going out every night past curfew.    I am sure the reporters knew that, but it just wasn't reported, so they got tighter with players.  Hell, they were probably out drinking with them.

    I always liked Chuck Heaton when I lived up there.  He was another quality reporter to add to the ones you mentioned.

    @ballpeen said:

    I agree, but since it is that way nearly everywhere, our reporters are no better or worse that what you would get elsewhere other than different names.

    It is what it is.

    Also, in the old days, reporters got the scoop, and they also protected players.  Nobody was reporting that Mickey mantle was pretty much a drunk and going out every night past curfew.    I am sure the reporters knew that, but it just wasn't reported, so they got tighter with players.  Hell, they were probably out drinking with them.

    I always liked Chuck Heaton when I lived up there.  He was another quality reporter to add to the ones you mentioned.

    Yeah I forgot about him.. His son Mike is pretty good also...