Thanks For Welcoming Bake
-
What cracks me up even more is he didn't post this when we drafted him saying oh thanks for being so kind and welcoming Baker. He waited until after he had a record-setting season to say this. I was thinking as I read it if (thank God he didn't) Baker had a similar rookie season to Brandon Weeden would he have come on here Thanking us for welcoming Baker?
Be as misguided as you want to be. I cheered when you took him number one. How much else ''don't you know'', I must wonder? Okay, okay. only Browns fans ''know'' about Baker now.. Sheesh. You guys take the whole myopic cake. Mayfield ''came out of nowhere'' but won the Heisman at Oklahoma without the Browns ''say so''. I am starting to get your vibes now I ''guess''. Sorry to wish you the best..? So odd how you can make even good things out to be such an insult. Truly odd.
Be as misguided as you want to be. I cheered when you took him number one. How much else ''don't you know'', I must wonder? Okay, okay. only Browns fans ''know'' about Baker now.. Sheesh. You guys take the whole myopic cake. Mayfield ''came out of nowhere'' but won the Heisman at Oklahoma without the Browns ''say so''. I am starting to get your vibes now I ''guess''. Sorry to wish you the best..? So odd how you can make even good things out to be such an insult. Truly odd.
What some of the posters can't let go of is we had an invasion of A&M fans when we (mistakenly) drafted Johnny Football. You can wade through the 500+ pages of the merged thread if you like.
There were at least four other quarterbacks beside Baker we were discussing, and none of us were Sooner fans per se. Yes I watched some of his college games and highlights. None of us have the time to look up the college and high school history of say- Mason Rudolph, we're not paid football scouts.
-
Why go full jerk? Give us back Baker then, you weird fellow? No wonder, you're just odd.
You have to remember, we Browns fans went through the Johnny Manziel experience with the fanboys thinking that he still belonged to them somehow....so that is why there is an anathema here to fanboys clinging on to him like a jilted lover.
The guy has graduated and is now in the NFL. He is now past you.
Deal with that.
You have to remember, we Browns fans went through the Johnny Manziel experience with the fanboys thinking that he still belonged to them somehow....so that is why there is an anathema here to fanboys clinging on to him like a jilted lover.
The guy has graduated and is now in the NFL. He is now past you.
Deal with that.
Do I have one problem about that in the least? I assure I am not immature. Baker advanced to the next level before he was expected to.. just as OU fans hoped he would. As you witnessed for yourselves, he is 'no Johnny' in the least. Get past that lame dude. I thought you already had. Have you? Wow, apples to an orange if ever there was. You should know that at least by now. Baker is serious about football and not some wet nosed rich spoiled prima donna boy pretender. Good gravy.. do you believe all negative sensational press only at face value? Baker owned his all miss steps and is remorsefully humble concerning what, all 2? He ran from what appeared to be a hostile police stop and was then he was targeted by Kansas players who made numerous dirty hits to his injured throwing shoulder. Look into it for yourself. Watch the available videos..
-
no okie fan club here...welcome to the Land
I had no idea nor intention to say anything other than that we are both happy for both the Browns and Baker as an OU fan, personally. I happened to have grown up in Oklahoma. If I had grown up in in Cleveland I would be just as happy to watch Baker there. Just, sheesh..
If I had grown up in in Cleveland I would be just as happy to watch Baker there. Just, sheesh..
you could have grown up in Tupelo,Texas & it would not of mattered here in Cleveland...1) look at our draft history. 2)Who else had Baker going #1 in a 4 solid QB draft class?..Baker had the guts for Cleveland, walked on at Texas Tech too..Dorsey had the guts & skills to know what a QB talent looks like in the NFL future..Sooner* I had no arguments, but on here, with Bakers batted down balls after Senior Bowl..Where ya been?
-
Just amplifing what Gunz posted, there's plenty of Ohio State fans here, and want to see those guys do well in the NFL- except when they play us. Currently Bosa and Haskins. There's been much wailing that until the Browns drafted Denzel Ward, Cleveland had been ignoring the talent OSU was routienly shipping to the pros.
And I'll bet you didn't know Antonio Gates went to Kent State, 30 miles away right under the Browns collective noses. Just one of many oversights that have kept the Browns in the dumpster for 20 years. Until Baker showed up.
-
If I had grown up in in Cleveland I would be just as happy to watch Baker there. Just, sheesh..
you could have grown up in Tupelo,Texas & it would not of mattered here in Cleveland...1) look at our draft history. 2)Who else had Baker going #1 in a 4 solid QB draft class?..Baker had the guts for Cleveland, walked on at Texas Tech too..Dorsey had the guts & skills to know what a QB talent looks like in the NFL future..Sooner* I had no arguments, but on here, with Bakers batted down balls after Senior Bowl..Where ya been?
you could have grown up in Tupelo,Texas & it would not of mattered here in Cleveland...1) look at our draft history. 2)Who else had Baker going #1 in a 4 solid QB draft class?..Baker had the guts for Cleveland..Dorsey had the guts & skills to know what a QB talent looks like in the NFL future..Sooner* I had no arguments, but on here, with Bakers batted down balls after Senior Bowl..Where ya been?
I just don't see the argument. If you still don't like Baker Mayfield, just say so? None of this has to do with what I originally posted: hoping the best for your Browns. I never claimed that I was from Cleveland. Whether I like it..or not..I am naturally removed from the Cleveland area by distance and previous tv coverage. Blame that all on me then. I just like seeing you guys get back..even if that never had a thing to do with my favorite CFB QB ever. We are fine watching Heisman Winning QB'S play here and beyond. We are duly ''proud'' of their success and thankful for where they are welcome to perform at their very best. I was hoping Cleveland thought likewise. Sorry for the sentiments, then..? Do you guys follow Oklahoma Football equally then? Of course you shouldn't due to different regions. No offense taken by me because you don't.. You too are also removed by distance, which isn't your fault either? Wow..
I just came here because I like penis. Look for me on Grindr next time I roll through Cleveland on the great surface highway.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login