Skip to content

Kareem Hunt suspended 8 games

The Browns Board
44 19 869 1
  • got no issues here..got the 6 for his sorry-ness..got 2 more for the 2 additional other issues...it's what Hunt does from that point forward to turn his life around that matters.News is good around Berea from JD on Hunt.NFL must see documentation also..Drop the booze & the friends that need women flings and look straight forward..Avoid the demons in life & make UT ? proud again Kareem..good luck!!

  • @gunz41 said:

    From my understanding, and yes I know it's a different example, just using it to loosely connect it, is that it wouldn't have counted as 3rd tag, as last year wasn't accrued. 

    But like I said, I didn't look up the rule. Just what I thought the poster was meaning by his post about accrued. I could certainly be wrong, it has happened once in my life lol jk

    🙂 and what I was saying was- it wouldn't have mattered if it was an accrued season or not- Bell already had enough accrued seasons. The Steelers tagged him a second time. Which counted in the progressive UFA scale, at least to my understanding. So it was pay Bell top QB money, or let him walk.  

    @hoorta said:

    🙂 and what I was saying was- it wouldn't have mattered if it was an accrued season or not- Bell already had enough accrued seasons. The Steelers tagged him a second time. Which counted in the progressive UFA scale, at least to my understanding. So it was pay Bell top QB money, or let him walk.  

    I forget the exact percentage, but when to retag a player there's a multiplier to his prior year's tag... and it gets pretty steep for the 3rd tagging.

  • @hoorta said:

    🙂 and what I was saying was- it wouldn't have mattered if it was an accrued season or not- Bell already had enough accrued seasons. The Steelers tagged him a second time. Which counted in the progressive UFA scale, at least to my understanding. So it was pay Bell top QB money, or let him walk.  

    I forget the exact percentage, but when to retag a player there's a multiplier to his prior year's tag... and it gets pretty steep for the 3rd tagging.

    @tour2ma said:

    I forget the exact percentage, but when to retag a player there's a multiplier to his prior year's tag... and it gets pretty steep for the 3rd tagging.

    You may be the cap guru- which I still don't entirely understand, at least as it relates to dead cap. But I have a pretty good handle on the Franchise tag. 1st tag = average of the five highest paid players at his position. 2nd tag equals a 120% increase over the 1st tag. Third tag? you have two options. 1) give the player a 144% raise. 2) or non-exclusive tag him (see the quote from Sporting News) pay him the average of the five highest salaries in the league.  The Steelers had no choice but to let him walk. You can't tag a player four times.  

    "In the case of Bell, even though he did not get an accrued season in 2018, if he were to be tagged again by the Steelers in 2019, it would count as his third franchise tag; it would not revert to his second. Per the CBA, Pittsburgh in that case would be required to tender Bell non-exclusively (with first- and third-round comp picks attached) at the average of the top five highest-paid players at the league's highest-paid position."

  • @tour2ma said:

    I forget the exact percentage, but when to retag a player there's a multiplier to his prior year's tag... and it gets pretty steep for the 3rd tagging.

    You may be the cap guru- which I still don't entirely understand, at least as it relates to dead cap. But I have a pretty good handle on the Franchise tag. 1st tag = average of the five highest paid players at his position. 2nd tag equals a 120% increase over the 1st tag. Third tag? you have two options. 1) give the player a 144% raise. 2) or non-exclusive tag him (see the quote from Sporting News) pay him the average of the five highest salaries in the league.  The Steelers had no choice but to let him walk. You can't tag a player four times.  

    "In the case of Bell, even though he did not get an accrued season in 2018, if he were to be tagged again by the Steelers in 2019, it would count as his third franchise tag; it would not revert to his second. Per the CBA, Pittsburgh in that case would be required to tender Bell non-exclusively (with first- and third-round comp picks attached) at the average of the top five highest-paid players at the league's highest-paid position."

    @hoorta said:

    2) or non-exclusive tag him (see the quote from Sporting News) pay him the average of the five highest salaries in the league.

    Ah... thus your bringing QB salaries into the mix...

    Since I already learned something this morning, it's time to call it a day... Goodnite everybody!