Phil Dawson Retiring as a Brownie
-
He may not be what The Toe was to the Browns but I think he meant enough to warrant a hotdog stand on Lou Groza Blvd. Dawson’s Dawgs.
May he have a long and happy retirement
-
I'll never forget this game,
That long FG in the bad weather is, to me, one of the best kicks in history.
When Romeo sent him out for that long one I said to my wife, This is a stupid decision to try and kick a FG from way out here. And when he snuck it in there I said, What a kick! But it was STILL a stupid decision. - We had some BAD head coaches!
We have a history of some good kickers, all the way back to The Toe.....but I think Phil was our best kicker ever. As Canton Mike eluded, it ain't easy to kick in the Cleveland late season winds, rain & snow....but he played the winds & weather and MADE the kicks. - I'm glad that he loves us right back.
That long FG in the bad weather is, to me, one of the best kicks in history.
When Romeo sent him out for that long one I said to my wife, This is a stupid decision to try and kick a FG from way out here. And when he snuck it in there I said, What a kick! But it was STILL a stupid decision. - We had some BAD head coaches!
We have a history of some good kickers, all the way back to The Toe.....but I think Phil was our best kicker ever. As Canton Mike eluded, it ain't easy to kick in the Cleveland late season winds, rain & snow....but he played the winds & weather and MADE the kicks. - I'm glad that he loves us right back.
It's funny because I remember thinking the exact same thing. Don't forget too that the Browns were in the midst of a play off hunt that year with DA, so that game had a lot on it as well compared to most December games. Crazy that was 12 years ago.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
