What 2 or 3 Players Would It Be Hardest To Cut
-
We'll have to wait to see what happens, but other teams will be thinking about Browns' upcoming cuts. If they covet any of our "bubble" players, trade possibilities may surface so those other teams don't have to risk said player(s) falling to them on waivers. Could also be 2 for 1 trades, say a vet DB & a roster cut WR for ???
Once again, we'll see, but I think Dorsey's always holding a few cards up his sleeve.
Mike
We'll have to wait to see what happens, but other teams will be thinking about Browns' upcoming cuts. If they covet any of our "bubble" players, trade possibilities may surface so they don't have to risk said player(s) falling to them on waivers. Could also be 2 for 1 trades, say a vet DB & a roster cut WR for ???
Once again, we'll see, but I think Dorsey's always holding a few cards up his sleeve.
Mike
I think it's funny that two Vietnam vets are up before 530 am and 430 am respectively.??
-
We'll have to wait to see what happens, but other teams will be thinking about Browns' upcoming cuts. If they covet any of our "bubble" players, trade possibilities may surface so they don't have to risk said player(s) falling to them on waivers. Could also be 2 for 1 trades, say a vet DB & a roster cut WR for ???
Once again, we'll see, but I think Dorsey's always holding a few cards up his sleeve.
Mike
I think it's funny that two Vietnam vets are up before 530 am and 430 am respectively.??
I think it's funny that two Vietnam vets are up before 530 am and 430 am respectively.??
I don't know about you, Bill, but my alarm clock is the constant ringing in my ears! Courtesy of never wearin' earplugs. ??
Mike
-
I think it's funny that two Vietnam vets are up before 530 am and 430 am respectively.??
I don't know about you, Bill, but my alarm clock is the constant ringing in my ears! Courtesy of never wearin' earplugs. ??
Mike
I don't know about you, Bill, but my alarm clock is the constant ringing in my ears! Courtesy of never wearin' earplugs. ??
Mike
Which is why I sleep with a white noise sound machine (plus wife's snoring) and have free hearing aids & batteries from the VA for both ears. But if I hear that low noise of someone slowly trolling their car through the neighborhood, I'm up in a flash.? If you can't hear the high frequencies, the low ones like engines running get accentuated. They shouldn't be out there at 4 am dammit.?
-
Unfortunately, we WILL see some promising young players walk because of the talent we have compiled. In past years it wasn't an issue as we had so little talent/depth.
Mike
That's such a great point, and our cuts are definitely going to be getting tougher as our team acquires more talent throughout the roster. Honestly, the hardest to cut might be Sheehy. We know Callaway is out for 4 games and he won't count against our roster during that time, so it's entirely possible we'd keep somebody like Sheehy. Why? Well, we sucked at both punt returns AND kick returns last year, so much so that teams intentionally didn't want touchbacks and they kicked it TO our returners.
Also, there's a qualitative emotional factor that's impossible to measure regarding Sheehy, and it was evident by the gleeful celebration following the TD return. Furthermore, Sheehy has been called the hardest working person on the team, and think about that for a moment. His work ethic could literally boost other player's conditioning because they'll know he gets to work at 3am to train BEFORE the training. They'll see him staying late to run stairs after the long day is over. Sheehy is the kind of guy you want on your team, and I'd give him Callaway's roster spot until week 5, then put him on practice team.
That's such a great point, and our cuts are definitely going to be getting tougher as our team acquires more talent throughout the roster. Honestly, the hardest to cut might be Sheehy. We know Callaway is out for 4 games and he won't count against our roster during that time, so it's entirely possible we'd keep somebody like Sheehy. Why? Well, we sucked at both punt returns AND kick returns last year, so much so that teams intentionally didn't want touchbacks and they kicked it TO our returners.
Also, there's a qualitative emotional factor that's impossible to measure regarding Sheehy, and it was evident by the gleeful celebration following the TD return. Furthermore, Sheehy has been called the hardest working person on the team, and think about that for a moment. His work ethic could literally boost other player's conditioning because they'll know he gets to work at 3am to train BEFORE the training. They'll see him staying late to run stairs after the long day is over. Sheehy is the kind of guy you want on your team, and I'd give him Callaway's roster spot until week 5, then put him on practice team.
I agree - it will really, seriously be tough to not keep Sheehy on the team. I am rooting for Jaelen Strong to make it, too, but somebody has to go on the practice squad.
Great to have really tough choices to make.
-
That's such a great point, and our cuts are definitely going to be getting tougher as our team acquires more talent throughout the roster. Honestly, the hardest to cut might be Sheehy. We know Callaway is out for 4 games and he won't count against our roster during that time, so it's entirely possible we'd keep somebody like Sheehy. Why? Well, we sucked at both punt returns AND kick returns last year, so much so that teams intentionally didn't want touchbacks and they kicked it TO our returners.
Also, there's a qualitative emotional factor that's impossible to measure regarding Sheehy, and it was evident by the gleeful celebration following the TD return. Furthermore, Sheehy has been called the hardest working person on the team, and think about that for a moment. His work ethic could literally boost other player's conditioning because they'll know he gets to work at 3am to train BEFORE the training. They'll see him staying late to run stairs after the long day is over. Sheehy is the kind of guy you want on your team, and I'd give him Callaway's roster spot until week 5, then put him on practice team.
I agree - it will really, seriously be tough to not keep Sheehy on the team. I am rooting for Jaelen Strong to make it, too, but somebody has to go on the practice squad.
Great to have really tough choices to make.
I agree - it will really, seriously be tough to not keep Sheehy on the team. I am rooting for Jaelen Strong to make it, too, but somebody has to go on the practice squad.
Great to have really tough choices to make.
From what I'm hearing, Jaelon Strong is almost a lock on the team. Although, the WR room just got a little shake up with the signing of Braxton Miller.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login