Skip to content

On The Cover Of The Rolling Stone.......

The Browns Board
25 10 1.1k 1
  • @flyingfooldoug said:

    I’m not big on curses and the like

    Our last NFL Championship came with a QB wearing #13.

    I don't believe in voodoo.  

    flyingfooldougF flyingfooldoug wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @orion said:

    Our last NFL Championship came with a QB wearing #13.

    I don't believe in voodoo.  

    Cool, ever play with coconuts and vinegar?  I think voodoo is a religious thing tho.  

    I merely referred to the much publicized and ballyhooed Sports Illustrated cover curse. Google it. It’s interesting. Hard to disbelieve stuff that happened

  • @orion said:

    Our last NFL Championship came with a QB wearing #13.

    I don't believe in voodoo.  

    Cool, ever play with coconuts and vinegar?  I think voodoo is a religious thing tho.  

    I merely referred to the much publicized and ballyhooed Sports Illustrated cover curse. Google it. It’s interesting. Hard to disbelieve stuff that happened

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @flyingfooldoug said:

    I merely referred to the much publicized and ballyhooed Sports Illustrated cover curse. Google it. It’s interesting. Hard to disbelieve stuff that happened

    lol,  Don't have to google it.  I'm  more than well aware of the SI curse,  and the 3 rivers stadium curse,  and step on a crack and break your mother's back,  and ya have to step on 3rd base on your way to the dugout from the field.  I just don't believe in any of it.  Nor have I seen any space aliens.  

  • mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Between Madden and SI there have been a few notable cursed or jinxed...... but it is sports.

    is-the-madden-curse-the-real-deal-or-just-amazing-bad-luck-body-image-1439982893-size_1000.jpg

    tim-couch-214x292.jpg

    sportsillustrated90s-1600.jpg

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    Zombo said:

    Bubba Bean!

    Z

    Lester "the Molester Hayes" and Pat Thomas, both all Pros later on.

  • @medicineman said:

    I never even heard of the SI curse until I read about it from you Dawgs, so I looked it up and DAMN that is more insane than the Madden garbage 

    1975 Undefeated #2 Texas A&M had just beaten #5 Texas and was put on the cover of SI. Arky beat 'em badly in Fayetteville the following week in the last game of the regular season. F'N SI!! ?Best shot we had in my lifetime for #1. 10 of the 11 defensive starters went on to NFL careers.

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by mjp28
    #25

    @texasag1969 said:

    1975 Undefeated #2 Texas A&M had just beaten #5 Texas and was put on the cover of SI. Arky beat 'em badly in Fayetteville the following week in the last game of the regular season. F'N SI!! ?Best shot we had in my lifetime for #1. 10 of the 11 defensive starters went on to NFL careers.

    1975 was an unusual year one loss Oklahoma won the NC and the undefeated #1 BUCKEYES choked in the Rose Bowl.

    For the second year, the final UPI Coaches Poll was released after the bowl games, on January 2, 1976.[16]
    Oklahoma received 21 of the 36 first-place votes; Alabama received seven, Arizona State five, and Ohio State three.[17]

    Ranking Team Conference Bowl
    1 Oklahoma Big Eight Won Orange, 14–6
    2 Arizona State WAC Won Fiesta, 17–14
    3 Alabama SEC Won Sugar, 13–6
    4 Ohio State Big Ten Lost Rose, 10–23
    5 UCLA Pac-8 Won Rose, 23–10
    6 Arkansas Southwest Won Cotton, 31–10
    7 Texas Southwest Won Bluebonnet, 38–21
    8 Michigan Big Ten Lost Orange, 6–14
    9 Nebraska Big Eight Lost Fiesta, 14–17
    10 Penn State Independent Lost Sugar, 6–13
    11 Maryland ACC Won Gator, 13–0
    12 Texas A&M Southwest Lost Liberty, 0–20
    13 Arizona WAC none
    Pittsburgh Independent Won Sun, 33–19
    15 California Pac-8 none
    16 Miami (OH) Mid-American Won Tangerine, 20–7
    17 Notre Dame Independent none
    West Virginia Independent Won Peach, 13–10
    19 Georgia SEC Lost Cotton, 10–31
    USC Pac-8 Won Liberty, 20–0