Skip to content

RUN the ball !! We have 2 great running backs!

The Browns Board
32 13 1.4k
  • https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3916387/lamar-jackson

    This was Jackson breakout year. I have faith that defenses will have learned how to play this guy when next season rolls along. Just like they did Baker.

    The Browns shut him down tho, the only team able to do so it seems. We'll see if that holds up when they play again.

    Most shocking stat is his TD completion improvement over last year.

  • https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3916387/lamar-jackson

    This was Jackson breakout year. I have faith that defenses will have learned how to play this guy when next season rolls along. Just like they did Baker.

    The Browns shut him down tho, the only team able to do so it seems. We'll see if that holds up when they play again.

    Most shocking stat is his TD completion improvement over last year.

    @gorka said:

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3916387/lamar-jackson

    This was Jackson breakout year. I have faith that defenses will have learned how to play this guy when next season rolls along. Just like they did Baker.

    The Browns shut him down tho, the only team able to do so it seams. We'll see if that holds up when they play again.

    Most shocking stat is his TD completion improvement over last year.

    It won't. They are missing to many guys on defense and at that point the Browns won't even have their 4% playoff chance so half the team will give up.  The Ravens will win and we will have to hear how awesome they are for the rest of the off season. 

  • https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/3916387/lamar-jackson

    This was Jackson breakout year. I have faith that defenses will have learned how to play this guy when next season rolls along. Just like they did Baker.

    The Browns shut him down tho, the only team able to do so it seems. We'll see if that holds up when they play again.

    Most shocking stat is his TD completion improvement over last year.

    @gorka said:

    The Browns shut him down tho, the only team able to do so

    Early in the season the Ravens tried to make him more of a traditional QB with running more of a last resort type of thing.   After we shut him down they said, Fuck That!    We're gonna get our assess handed to us.  He's gonna make our lousy tackling secondary look like a lousy tackling secondary.   (of course, I HOPE not)

  • @gorka said:

    The Browns shut him down tho, the only team able to do so

    Early in the season the Ravens tried to make him more of a traditional QB with running more of a last resort type of thing.   After we shut him down they said, Fuck That!    We're gonna get our assess handed to us.  He's gonna make our lousy tackling secondary look like a lousy tackling secondary.   (of course, I HOPE not)

    @orion said:

    Early in the season the Ravens tried to make him more of a traditional QB with running more of a last resort type of thing.   After we shut him down they said, Fuck That!    We're gonna get our assess handed to us.  He's gonna make our lousy tackling secondary look like a lousy tackling secondary.   (of course, I HOPE not)

    Good point.

    Unfortunately.

  • If opposing teams don't respect the pass, then Defenses' overload the box. We all know this. I'm perfectly fine with how were handling this as of now. Just not enough rocks to go around.

  • @gorka said:

    The Browns shut him down tho, the only team able to do so

    Early in the season the Ravens tried to make him more of a traditional QB with running more of a last resort type of thing.   After we shut him down they said, Fuck That!    We're gonna get our assess handed to us.  He's gonna make our lousy tackling secondary look like a lousy tackling secondary.   (of course, I HOPE not)

    @orion said:

    Early in the season the Ravens tried to make him more of a traditional QB with running more of a last resort type of thing.   After we shut him down they said, Fuck That!    We're gonna get our assess handed to us.  He's gonna make our lousy tackling secondary look like a lousy tackling secondary.   (of course, I HOPE not)

    What I should have said to this post was Thanks.

    Thanks a lot.

  • Chubb has been the best player of the team the entire season. Silent worker, speaks with his actions, and doesn't brag. 

    I think we're running just fine,maybe Hunt isn't getting the ball a lot, but I can take that. 

    The thing that I liked the most against the Bengals was using both of them in some formations. Both are good receivers and can block, so using both at the same time makes a lot of mismatch opportunities.

    I especially loved a play they ran at least twice: first time Chubb faked a run to the right with the line blocking to that side, while Hunt received a screen pass on the left side with all the defense moving to the opposite side. Later in the game, defense went for Hunt and Chubb had a big rush to the right. 

    Let's keep them guessing. 

  • @gorka said:

    The Browns shut him down tho, the only team able to do so

    Early in the season the Ravens tried to make him more of a traditional QB with running more of a last resort type of thing.   After we shut him down they said, Fuck That!    We're gonna get our assess handed to us.  He's gonna make our lousy tackling secondary look like a lousy tackling secondary.   (of course, I HOPE not)

    @orion said:

    Early in the season the Ravens tried to make him more of a traditional QB with running more of a last resort type of thing.   After we shut him down they said, Fuck That!    We're gonna get our assess handed to us.  He's gonna make our lousy tackling secondary look like a lousy tackling secondary.   (of course, I HOPE not)

    And yet the early lines only show CLE +7 so should we jump on BAL at that line?

  • @orion said:

    Early in the season the Ravens tried to make him more of a traditional QB with running more of a last resort type of thing.   After we shut him down they said, Fuck That!    We're gonna get our assess handed to us.  He's gonna make our lousy tackling secondary look like a lousy tackling secondary.   (of course, I HOPE not)

    And yet the early lines only show CLE +7 so should we jump on BAL at that line?

    @mjp28 said:

    And yet the early lines only show CLE +7 so should we jump on BAL at that line?

    If I were a betting man, I would.  But I'm not, so I won't.  🙂

  • @gorka said:

    The Browns shut him down tho, the only team able to do so

    Early in the season the Ravens tried to make him more of a traditional QB with running more of a last resort type of thing.   After we shut him down they said, Fuck That!    We're gonna get our assess handed to us.  He's gonna make our lousy tackling secondary look like a lousy tackling secondary.   (of course, I HOPE not)

    @orion said:

    Early in the season the Ravens tried to make him more of a traditional QB with running more of a last resort type of thing.   After we shut him down they said, Fuck That!    We're gonna get our assess handed to us.  He's gonna make our lousy tackling secondary look like a lousy tackling secondary.   (of course, I HOPE not)

    Not what I remember, O, so I did a little PFR digging... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackLa00.htm

    In their Greg Roman revamped Louisville style Offense, BLT came into the season prepared to run Lamar as much as necessary. In Week 1 he did not have to in a laugher over MIA in which he sat midway thru Q3, but in Week 2 he ran 16 times for 120 in a close win over AZ.

    Week 3 vs. KC the Ravens trailed by 8 midway thru the 2nd and by 17 at the half. Playing from behind forced BLT to the pass. LJ passed a season high 43 times and ran only 8 for 46. He was sacked 3 times.

    In Week 4 we scored first and took a 10-7 lead into the half before going up by 14 late in the third. BLT closed to within 6 early in the 4th, but then Chubb broke his 88-yd TD run seconds later. In the game Lamar threw 34 times and ran 9. He was sacked 4 times and we picked him twice.

    Bottom line: We and KC jumped out to leads forcing BLT to abandon the run... including the running of their RPO QB.

  • @orion said:

    Early in the season the Ravens tried to make him more of a traditional QB with running more of a last resort type of thing.   After we shut him down they said, Fuck That!    We're gonna get our assess handed to us.  He's gonna make our lousy tackling secondary look like a lousy tackling secondary.   (of course, I HOPE not)

    Not what I remember, O, so I did a little PFR digging... https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JackLa00.htm

    In their Greg Roman revamped Louisville style Offense, BLT came into the season prepared to run Lamar as much as necessary. In Week 1 he did not have to in a laugher over MIA in which he sat midway thru Q3, but in Week 2 he ran 16 times for 120 in a close win over AZ.

    Week 3 vs. KC the Ravens trailed by 8 midway thru the 2nd and by 17 at the half. Playing from behind forced BLT to the pass. LJ passed a season high 43 times and ran only 8 for 46. He was sacked 3 times.

    In Week 4 we scored first and took a 10-7 lead into the half before going up by 14 late in the third. BLT closed to within 6 early in the 4th, but then Chubb broke his 88-yd TD run seconds later. In the game Lamar threw 34 times and ran 9. He was sacked 4 times and we picked him twice.

    Bottom line: We and KC jumped out to leads forcing BLT to abandon the run... including the running of their RPO QB.

    @tour2ma said:

    Bottom line: We and KC jumped out to leads forcing BLT to abandon the run... including the running of their RPO QB

    So in the early part of the season he was more FORCED to be a more traditional QB.  Which means that we have to strike early and often to get him out of his game.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Bottom line: We and KC jumped out to leads forcing BLT to abandon the run... including the running of their RPO QB

    So in the early part of the season he was more FORCED to be a more traditional QB.  Which means that we have to strike early and often to get him out of his game.

    @orion said:

    So in the early part of the season he was more FORCED to be a more traditional QB.  Which means that we have to strike early and often to get him out of his game.

    Certainly a 14 point halftime lead would not suck....

    But AZ first... 😉