Our Bet, Draft specuation
-
Huh?
If the original bet was Chase Young vs Joe Burrows as the number 1 pick then there is no need to discuss what team has that pick and add them to the wager. Once you lock in Cincy will take either Young or Burrows the team becomes essential to the wager. You’ll get different answers but if the original bet was one person said Cincy would go Young at 1 and the other was Cincy would go Burrows at 1 I’m going to infer both thought at the time both people didn’t think Cincy would trade out or didn’t think about it. I would prioritize who Cincy drafts with their first pick not what deals get done.
If the original bet was Chase Young vs Joe Burrows as the number 1 pick then there is no need to discuss what team has that pick and add them to the wager. Once you lock in Cincy will take either Young or Burrows the team becomes essential to the wager. You’ll get different answers but if the original bet was one person said Cincy would go Young at 1 and the other was Cincy would go Burrows at 1 I’m going to infer both thought at the time both people didn’t think Cincy would trade out or didn’t think about it. I would prioritize who Cincy drafts with their first pick not what deals get done.
OK, that is exactly right. I believe the parameters are that if Cincy trades the pick, the bet is off. Or, if by some wild chance, Cincy picks someone besides these 2 players, the bet is off. I do agree with Hoorta that it seems highly improbable that Cincy will trade out, given the opportunity they have to get either of these players.....and I never would have brought it up if not for the fact that some talking heads on national TV and radio had brought it up, and continue to bring it up.
-
I will copy and paste this to an email to my daughter & wife. Thanks.
EDIT: I wasn't invited on their trip which they plan for April so she can meet her publishers deadline. It's that I get paid off with a separate trip of my own to Ohio to take in a game and meet a bunch of fellow braying jackasses.?
We'll let you know as soon as there's a date set for the Reunion Tailgate, when Zombo and the rest of the crew come into town for the game...
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login