Skip to content

Tell Me Again

College Football Forum
27 8 982
  • Always weird to me when fans of SEC schools try to ride the coattails of the best team in the conference.

    And yeah, loading preseason polls with highly ranked SEC teams creates a better chance the SEC teams are highly ranked at the end

    @mld-woody said:

    Always weird to me when fans of SEC schools try to ride the coattails of the best team in the conference.

    And yeah, loading preseason polls with highly ranked SEC teams creates a better chance the SEC teams are highly ranked at the end

    Loading their schedules with non-conference cupcakes helps that as well.

  • AxeA Axe

    @mld-woody said:

    Always weird to me when fans of SEC schools try to ride the coattails of the best team in the conference.

    And yeah, loading preseason polls with highly ranked SEC teams creates a better chance the SEC teams are highly ranked at the end

    I'm not the one that continues attempting to ride the premise that the SEC is overrated.

     I'm a Gator fan first, Ohio State second. Once one is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the other. Once the SEC is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the Big 10..

    @axe said:

    I'm not the one that continues attempting to ride the premise that the SEC is overrated.

     I'm a Gator fan first, Ohio State second. Once one is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the other. Once the SEC is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the Big 10..

    I have asked this question:   why the fuck root for a "conference" at all.  I mean, we don't give a damn for the whole state of Michigan, we're from Ohio.  Why the fuck should I root for Michigan or Penn State against some team from some other conference.  

    If I were a Florida fan, I would say "Fuck Georgia...fuck Alabama, Fuck them all....let them lose to the  other teams from around the country.   They are our rivals and our opponents, and anyone that can put their heel on their necks is fine with me"   And insert Michigan/PSU etc. in this sentence. 

    Listen, freaks. You are not going to overturn the results of the Civil fucking War because your teams win some football game. 

  • AxeA Axe

    @mld-woody said:

    Always weird to me when fans of SEC schools try to ride the coattails of the best team in the conference.

    And yeah, loading preseason polls with highly ranked SEC teams creates a better chance the SEC teams are highly ranked at the end

    I'm not the one that continues attempting to ride the premise that the SEC is overrated.

     I'm a Gator fan first, Ohio State second. Once one is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the other. Once the SEC is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the Big 10..

    @axe said:

    I'm not the one that continues attempting to ride the premise that the SEC is overrated.

     I'm a Gator fan first, Ohio State second. Once one is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the other. Once the SEC is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the Big 10..

    I root for all the SEC teams in bowl games. There is a reason so many players get drafted so high every year out of the SEC over any other conference and a reason I call it NFL Lite or NFL Jr. The NCAA rankings reflect the reality of that. And football is still King in SEC country with the occasional nod to basketball teams like Ky. and Fla. and baseball teams Ms.St. and LSU.

  • @axe said:

    I'm not the one that continues attempting to ride the premise that the SEC is overrated.

     I'm a Gator fan first, Ohio State second. Once one is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the other. Once the SEC is eliminated from NC contention, I root for the Big 10..

    I root for all the SEC teams in bowl games. There is a reason so many players get drafted so high every year out of the SEC over any other conference and a reason I call it NFL Lite or NFL Jr. The NCAA rankings reflect the reality of that. And football is still King in SEC country with the occasional nod to basketball teams like Ky. and Fla. and baseball teams Ms.St. and LSU.

    @texasag1969 said:

    I root for all the SEC teams in bowl games. There is a reason so many players get drafted so high every year out of the SEC over any other conference and a reason I call it NFL Lite or NFL Jr. The NCAA rankings reflect the reality of that. And football is still King in SEC country with the occasional nod to basketball teams like Ky. and Fla. and baseball teams Ms.St. and LSU.

    Well, this is mind warped fucking thinking, as I have said.  

    Were you rooting for the SEC teams before A&M decided to jump for money to that conference?  I mean, for most of your life A&M was in the Southwest Conference or the Big 8/12 whatever.  

    If Texas joined the SEC would you be likely to rah rah rah for them?  

    Like I said,  those teams in your conference are your rivals, and you should be saying fuck them all.

  • Fortunately the SEC saw Texas as a poisoned pill and did not want them. So much so that A&M has veto power over them ever joining. The PAC-12 was willing to take them along with OU, but not OSU, so OU declined. The thing I like most about the SEC is that all Bowl game net revenues are shared equally among all SEC members. Same for the profits for the SEC Network I believe. Texas wanted their own of everything. It wasn't until they announced they were going to air HS games of recruits on Longhorn Network that A&M recontacted the SEC and asked to join in. The NCAA later ruled that to be an illegal recruiting activity so it never happened.

  • Fortunately the SEC saw Texas as a poisoned pill and did not want them. So much so that A&M has veto power over them ever joining. The PAC-12 was willing to take them along with OU, but not OSU, so OU declined. The thing I like most about the SEC is that all Bowl game net revenues are shared equally among all SEC members. Same for the profits for the SEC Network I believe. Texas wanted their own of everything. It wasn't until they announced they were going to air HS games of recruits on Longhorn Network that A&M recontacted the SEC and asked to join in. The NCAA later ruled that to be an illegal recruiting activity so it never happened.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Fortunately the SEC saw Texas as a poisoned pill and did not want them. So much so that A&M has veto power over them ever joining. The PAC-12 was willing to take them along with OU, but not OSU, so OU declined. The thing I like most about the SEC is that all Bowl game net revenues are shared equally among all SEC members. Same for the profits for the SEC Network I believe. Texas wanted their own of everything. It wasn't until they announced they were going to air HS games of recruits on Longhorn Network that A&M recontacted the SEC and asked to join in. The NCAA later ruled that to be an illegal recruiting activity so it never happened.

    That is pretty standard,  The Big Ten shares as you describe, as does I believe the Pac 12 and ACC.   As for Texas wanting to keep their own of everything, maybe that just makes them the only pure capitalist of the NCAA.  And that may be a Texas thing too, since that is what Jerry Jones tried to accomplish as well.

  • Fortunately the SEC saw Texas as a poisoned pill and did not want them. So much so that A&M has veto power over them ever joining. The PAC-12 was willing to take them along with OU, but not OSU, so OU declined. The thing I like most about the SEC is that all Bowl game net revenues are shared equally among all SEC members. Same for the profits for the SEC Network I believe. Texas wanted their own of everything. It wasn't until they announced they were going to air HS games of recruits on Longhorn Network that A&M recontacted the SEC and asked to join in. The NCAA later ruled that to be an illegal recruiting activity so it never happened.

    @texasag1969 said:

    Fortunately the SEC saw Texas as a poisoned pill and did not want them. So much so that A&M has veto power over them ever joining. The PAC-12 was willing to take them along with OU, but not OSU, so OU declined. The thing I like most about the SEC is that all Bowl game net revenues are shared equally among all SEC members. Same for the profits for the SEC Network I believe. Texas wanted their own of everything. It wasn't until they announced they were going to air HS games of recruits on Longhorn Network that A&M recontacted the SEC and asked to join in. The NCAA later ruled that to be an illegal recruiting activity so it never happened.

    Not to mention the SEC gets to host most of the bowl games.