Skip to content

No Matter Who...Priority #1 is the OL

The Browns Board
24 12 965
  • @clevelandwantsplayoffs said:

    The offensive line is #1 priority. Followed by defensive line, and then safety. Redwine may be a starter next year, but next to who? 

    For the offensive line, I would imagine an upgrade at the LT position and have a strong competition for the RT spot.. also maybe use refs that throw flags in training camp?

    Let’s correct something Redwine next to who.

    No way should we roll into camp with Redwine as a starter.  That would become an immediate issue.  
     

    we need two new starters there.  And essentially a QB for the defense.  It’s a HIGH need 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    No way should we roll into camp with Redwine as a starter.  That would become an immediate issue.  

    We don't have to worry about that. I'm pretty sure Joe Mixon is still scraping Redwine off the bottom of his shoe, so we're good. 

  • Still old school on this.  You address needs in FA.  At least early in the draft you go BPA unless it makes no sense at all.  We may not want to draft a QB as an example, but then again, Baker didn't play all that well.  No doubt he got a bit chubby and possibly his head got fat.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    No way should we roll into camp with Redwine as a starter.  That would become an immediate issue.  

    We don't have to worry about that. I'm pretty sure Joe Mixon is still scraping Redwine off the bottom of his shoe, so we're good. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    We don't have to worry about that. I'm pretty sure Joe Mixon is still scraping Redwine off the bottom of his shoe, so we're good. 

    No doubt about it and we had a few others that are still in the sod at Heinz Field, Arizona and Cincy too.  
     

    i think we are much closer on offense IF Baker improves and Hubbard is out of that RT spot.  

    we have way too many concerns on the other side of the ball

    what do you all think about the Garrett situation does the NFL wrap this thing into next season as well? 

  • @jiggins7919 said:

    We don't have to worry about that. I'm pretty sure Joe Mixon is still scraping Redwine off the bottom of his shoe, so we're good. 

    No doubt about it and we had a few others that are still in the sod at Heinz Field, Arizona and Cincy too.  
     

    i think we are much closer on offense IF Baker improves and Hubbard is out of that RT spot.  

    we have way too many concerns on the other side of the ball

    what do you all think about the Garrett situation does the NFL wrap this thing into next season as well? 

    @sdbacker80 said:

    what do you all think about the Garrett situation does the NFL wrap this thing into next season as well? 

    Oh yeah. I think it'll be put to rest early because the NFL wants it in the past and they don't want further negative exposure. I know I gave Myles a hard time, mainly because of the lack of "game changing" plays, but obviously he's freaking amazing and we felt his absence like a mofo. He's so good, and I can't wait to get him back. Man....this year really was a cluster taco, huh?