Skip to content

Browns hire Kevin Stefanski as HC

The Browns Board
268 51 7.8k 1
  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @mark-o said:

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Kevin-Stefanski-is-the-Perfect-Cleveland-Browns-Head-Coach-142152506/


    Good read and I smiled when I realized we're going to see Baker rolling out... a lot...

  • @jcam222 said:

    For most organizations I’d agree that McD perhaps overstepped his bounds. Keep in mind however he was not an employee but one interviewing to be one. Anyone well versed in interviewing is not just also interviewing the prospective employer. With Haslams track record of meddling and forcing bad decisions it entirely reasonable to want that changed prior to accepting the job.

    I will give you that perhaps the weekly meeting is a bit overblown, that said of the 32 teams how many owners  do you think are reviewing game plans on Mondays??

    Not many, but then we now have word that the Monday meeting will be a post mortem of the game just played.... and I am sure those are fairly common.

    If there's a game plan meeting, it would appear it will be on Friday which basically eliminates any "meddling" concerns since the plan is locked in by then. A si article I posted earlier around here somewhere explained how this is all a good thing ensuring that the Analytics boys are ready to support the HC and staff come Sunday.

    As for Haslam's meddling... how many instances have there really been? He...

    • went with a glorified scout who talked out of turn in the War room and gave us Manziel;
    • decided on Hue Jackson after getting schmoozed by the snake, and
    • bailed on a 5-year commitment to a new way of doing things when Dorsey, the other snake, got in his ear.

    I grant you these were doozies, but the count I keep coming up with is these three.

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Not many, but then we now have word that the Monday meeting will be a post mortem of the game just played.... and I am sure those are fairly common.

    If there's a game plan meeting, it would appear it will be on Friday which basically eliminates any "meddling" concerns since the plan is locked in by then. A si article I posted earlier around here somewhere explained how this is all a good thing ensuring that the Analytics boys are ready to support the HC and staff come Sunday.

    As for Haslam's meddling... how many instances have there really been? He...

    • went with a glorified scout who talked out of turn in the War room and gave us Manziel;
    • decided on Hue Jackson after getting schmoozed by the snake, and
    • bailed on a 5-year commitment to a new way of doing things when Dorsey, the other snake, got in his ear.

    I grant you these were doozies, but the count I keep coming up with is these three.

    I’m guessing if we know of three there are quite a few more behind the scenes. 

  • @mark-o said:

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Kevin-Stefanski-is-the-Perfect-Cleveland-Browns-Head-Coach-142152506/


    Good read and I smiled when I realized we're going to see Baker rolling out... a lot...

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:


    Good read and I smiled when I realized we're going to see Baker rolling out... a lot...

    Saints be praised!! Only been asking for this since tail end of 18'.

  • @tour2ma said:

    Not many, but then we now have word that the Monday meeting will be a post mortem of the game just played.... and I am sure those are fairly common.

    If there's a game plan meeting, it would appear it will be on Friday which basically eliminates any "meddling" concerns since the plan is locked in by then. A si article I posted earlier around here somewhere explained how this is all a good thing ensuring that the Analytics boys are ready to support the HC and staff come Sunday.

    As for Haslam's meddling... how many instances have there really been? He...

    • went with a glorified scout who talked out of turn in the War room and gave us Manziel;
    • decided on Hue Jackson after getting schmoozed by the snake, and
    • bailed on a 5-year commitment to a new way of doing things when Dorsey, the other snake, got in his ear.

    I grant you these were doozies, but the count I keep coming up with is these three.

    I’m guessing if we know of three there are quite a few more behind the scenes. 

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @jcam222 said:

    I’m guessing if we know of three there are quite a few more behind the scenes. 

    And you are likely right, but what was their likely impact since we never heard of them and were any of them positives?

    Meanwhile the whole bit about a Friday game plan meeting is now moot, since there never was a demand for a Friday meeting.

  • @mark-o said:

    https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/Article/Kevin-Stefanski-is-the-Perfect-Cleveland-Browns-Head-Coach-142152506/


    Good read and I smiled when I realized we're going to see Baker rolling out... a lot...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:


    Good read and I smiled when I realized we're going to see Baker rolling out... a lot...

    I thought this might have impressed you even more. ?

    "Similar to how the Vikings invested two of their top four draft picks on interior offensive lineman, the Cleveland Browns will need to make significant investments in this offensive line in order to make the scheme work. "

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

    by golly, it seems we really have been given a WINNER HEAD COACH OF THE BROWNS.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28490984/you-want-work-hard-browns-getting-kevin-stefanski

  • @tour2ma said:


    Good read and I smiled when I realized we're going to see Baker rolling out... a lot...

    I thought this might have impressed you even more. ?

    "Similar to how the Vikings invested two of their top four draft picks on interior offensive lineman, the Cleveland Browns will need to make significant investments in this offensive line in order to make the scheme work. "

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I thought this might have impressed you even more. ?

    "Similar to how the Vikings invested two of their top four draft picks on interior offensive lineman, the Cleveland Browns will need to make significant investments in this offensive line in order to make the scheme work. "

    It might have... except our OL is at least a 2-year project. 😉

  • @texasag1969 said:

    I thought this might have impressed you even more. ?

    "Similar to how the Vikings invested two of their top four draft picks on interior offensive lineman, the Cleveland Browns will need to make significant investments in this offensive line in order to make the scheme work. "

    It might have... except our OL is at least a 2-year project. 😉

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    It might have... except our OL is at least a 2-year project. 😉

    The right couple of FAs and a really good pick at #10 overall could change everything.