Skip to content

Survey Thursday January 22

The Browns Board
26 11 832
  • My voting on a 10 point must system being 10 is my must watch and -0- being I would never watch.

    NFL Football:.   9 being that I never miss a BROWNS game

    College Football:.  10 my favorite sport

    Major League Baseball 8 since I'm retired I watch almost all of the INDIANS games

    NBA Basketball: 0 since LBJ left CLE

    College Basketball: 9 for MARCH MADNESS

    WNBA: 0 women play basketball?

    Women's college basketball 0

    NHL  hockey. 3 some Pittsburgh Penguins

    MLS/Premier League/World Cup soccer 0 boring

    Golf. 1 used to watch Arnie and Jack

    Tennis 0

    Winter Olympics Sports  (break it down if you wish). 9. love it.

    Summer Olympics Sports (break it down if you wish) 9 love it.

    NASCAR/Indy/Formula One auto racing. 1 rather watch the cars in Walmart's parking lot

    Boxing 4 maybe not what it used to be.

    UFC 0

    Cricket 0

    College/High School Wrestling  (real wrestling) 0

    Bowling 1 used to watch a few decades ago

    Cue Sports:   Pool/Billiards/Snooker 0

    LaCrosse 0

    Horse Racing 2, maybe the Derby.

    Rugby 1

    Rodeo 0 

    Surfing 3 mainly for the scenery.

    Ultimate Frisbee 0 really?

    eSports 0 the downfall of the American youth and our country.

    Did I miss anything.  (Fake wrestling is not a sport any more than ballroom dancing) Wasting time doing stupid stuff online like filling out surveys and polls?  😆

  • @ballpeen said:

    I will add a sport..

    NCAA womens diving....10

    Did you have someone involved?  

     (my daughter did swimming in HS....and she would yell at me for not putting "cheerleading" on the list, as she participated in competitive cheering for some years from like 6th to 12th grade,  and she was a cheerleader for 4 years at college)

    I could have added  a lot more sports if I had listed each Olympic sport separately:  Swimming/diving/ Track and Field, archery, skiing, curling, Bobsled, etc. etc. 

    @the-gipper said:

    Did you have someone involved?  

     (my daughter did swimming in HS....and she would yell at me for not putting "cheerleading" on the list, as she participated in competitive cheering for some years from like 6th to 12th grade,  and she was a cheerleader for 4 years at college)

    I could have added  a lot more sports if I had listed each Olympic sport separately:  Swimming/diving/ Track and Field, archery, skiing, curling, Bobsled, etc. etc. 

    Yeah, it wouldn't  affect  me, but if you broke it down  into sub categories,  the wife is very  interested in  swimming (former competitive swimmer) and figure  skating. 

    E-sports?  How in the world can you call  that a sport? Misnomer, may as well call World Championship  Poker, or chess a "sport". To my mind  a sport  has to involve a  certain minimal amount of physical activity,  and playing  on a computer  doesn't rate. Call  it an E-GAME and I'm  good  with it. 🙂

    Adding on to mjp's list not to be sexist, but there's women's  lacrosse  and ice hockey. 

    I did forget one sport of mine that I  watch once a year - professional  men's  cycling.  I'll watch hours of the Tour de France every year. If you ride a lot, it's mind boggling how good  those guys are. Average schmucks couldn't  keep up with them for 5 minutes.  Even on the last day of the Tour in the first hour of the ride when they're just screwing around drinking champagne, you'd have to be at least a Class A rider (average 18 mph+ over 100 miles) to be able to  keep up. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Did you have someone involved?  

     (my daughter did swimming in HS....and she would yell at me for not putting "cheerleading" on the list, as she participated in competitive cheering for some years from like 6th to 12th grade,  and she was a cheerleader for 4 years at college)

    I could have added  a lot more sports if I had listed each Olympic sport separately:  Swimming/diving/ Track and Field, archery, skiing, curling, Bobsled, etc. etc. 

    Yeah, it wouldn't  affect  me, but if you broke it down  into sub categories,  the wife is very  interested in  swimming (former competitive swimmer) and figure  skating. 

    E-sports?  How in the world can you call  that a sport? Misnomer, may as well call World Championship  Poker, or chess a "sport". To my mind  a sport  has to involve a  certain minimal amount of physical activity,  and playing  on a computer  doesn't rate. Call  it an E-GAME and I'm  good  with it. 🙂

    Adding on to mjp's list not to be sexist, but there's women's  lacrosse  and ice hockey. 

    I did forget one sport of mine that I  watch once a year - professional  men's  cycling.  I'll watch hours of the Tour de France every year. If you ride a lot, it's mind boggling how good  those guys are. Average schmucks couldn't  keep up with them for 5 minutes.  Even on the last day of the Tour in the first hour of the ride when they're just screwing around drinking champagne, you'd have to be at least a Class A rider (average 18 mph+ over 100 miles) to be able to  keep up. 

    @hoorta said:

    Yeah, it wouldn't  affect  me, but if you broke it down  into sub categories,  the wife is very  interested in  swimming (former competitive swimmer) and figure  skating. 

    E-sports?  How in the world can you call  that a sport? Misnomer, may as well call World Championship  Poker, or chess a "sport". To my mind  a sport  has to involve a  certain minimal amount of physical activity,  and playing  on a computer  doesn't rate. Call  it an E-GAME and I'm  good  with it. 🙂

    I think that is fair....to call it a game, not a sport.  I put it on here because it was a category in wiki, plus I knew that Akron U had a top program going there.

    If physical activity though were all that a sport required, then ballroom or ballet dancing would be considered sports, as those take a ton of physical output. 

    Adding on to mjp's list not to be sexist, but there's women's  lacrosse  and ice hockey. 

    Yea, admittedly I left off a lot of women's sports.   Ergo the "what did I miss" question. 

    I did forget one sport of mine that I  watch once a year - professional  men's  cycling.  I'll watch hours of the Tour de France every year. If you ride a lot, it's mind boggling how good  those guys are. Average schmucks couldn't  keep up with them for 5 minutes.  Even on the last day of the Tour in the first hour of the ride when they're just screwing around drinking champagne, you'd have to be at least a Class A rider (average 18 mph+ over 100 miles) to be able to  keep up. 

    I basically included the cycling in with Olympics sports, as who really gives a rat's ass about it other than at the Olympics, and some peak in to the Tour de France.  I guess there is also a big Tour of California in this country.

  • NFL Football:  10    

    College Football: 10

    Major League Baseball  7

    NBA Basketball:  5

    College Basketball: Infinity and Beyond GO UD FLYERS!!!

    WNBA:  1

    Women's college basketball 2

    NHL  hockey  3

    MLS/Premier League/World Cup soccer 1

    Golf 5

    Tennis 3

    Winter Olympics Sports  (break it down if you wish)  9

    Summer Olympics Sports (break it down if you wish) 10

    NASCAR/Indy/Formula One auto racing  7

    Boxing  1

    UFC  5

    Cricket 0

    College/High School Wrestling  (real wrestling) 0

    Bowling 2

    Cue Sports:   Pool/Billiards/Snooker 0

    LaCrosse 2

    Horse Racing  5

    Rugby   3

    Rodeo  0

    Surfing  0

    Ultimate Frisbee 0

    eSports  0

  • When I was growing up, my next door neighbor, who later became Chief of Police in Barberton,  was a fastpitch softball pitcher.  He could hurl a softball, underhand, at close to 90 MPH.    He was later killed in a motorcycle accident. This was in the 80s.  Here he was, a Chief of Police, and he was not wearing a helmet riding his motorbike. 

    He had this unusual deal that when he pitched the ball, underhand remember, he would slap the side of his leg with the hand that held the ball in.  Not sure why that was done, but he still threw the thing fast as hell.  

    @the-gipper said:

    When I was growing up, my next door neighbor, who later became Chief of Police in Barberton,  was a fastpitch softball pitcher.  He could hurl a softball, underhand, at close to 90 MPH.    He was later killed in a motorcycle accident. This was in the 80s.  Here he was, a Chief of Police, and he was not wearing a helmet riding his motorbike. 

    He had this unusual deal that when he pitched the ball, underhand remember, he would slap the side of his leg with the hand that held the ball in.  Not sure why that was done, but he still threw the thing fast as hell.  

    I knew it was a men’s sport back in the day. 90 mph seems high. Like world record high. The best of the best of the girls tops out at around 70.

    The leg slap is likely a mechanism to find the release point for the pitch. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    When I was growing up, my next door neighbor, who later became Chief of Police in Barberton,  was a fastpitch softball pitcher.  He could hurl a softball, underhand, at close to 90 MPH.    He was later killed in a motorcycle accident. This was in the 80s.  Here he was, a Chief of Police, and he was not wearing a helmet riding his motorbike. 

    He had this unusual deal that when he pitched the ball, underhand remember, he would slap the side of his leg with the hand that held the ball in.  Not sure why that was done, but he still threw the thing fast as hell.  

    I knew it was a men’s sport back in the day. 90 mph seems high. Like world record high. The best of the best of the girls tops out at around 70.

    The leg slap is likely a mechanism to find the release point for the pitch. 

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I knew it was a men’s sport back in the day. 90 mph seems high. Like world record high. The best of the best of the girls tops out at around 70.

    The leg slap is likely a mechanism to find the release point for the pitch. 

    He was not a girl but a grown man.  But 90 is likely high....but he was very fast.

    And thanks for the tip on the leg slap.