Skip to content

Browns OT Robinson Facing Federal Drug Charges

The Browns Board
92 30 3.1k 1
  • @canton-mike said:

    ...but, but, but he was a Combine STANDOUT! (surely, a day or 2 at the Combine should override a season or more of college play)

    .....and folks wonder why I want to draft "I & I" (Intelligence & Intensity) over "F & S" (Fast & Stupid)!!

    Mike

    I remember back when I played Freshman Football, the guy next to me (our RT) was an animal and he was huge.  But I felt like it was an extended football version of "Of Mice and Men."   Every freakin time we broke the huddle and got to the line of scrimmage - I'd hear a real deep man's voice asking "FLUGEL WHAT'S IT ON MAN?"  So, I replied just as loud "IT'S ON ONE NEIL!"  So, this happened like 5 straight plays and we're still going on 1 not about to change it any time soon.

    Anyway, the next time we got up to the line of scrimmage - the DT I was going against says "Flugel, I got this. It's on 1 Neil."  After the play, the same guy asks me "Is Neil the only guy out here that doesn't know you guys are going on 1 every play?"   The only reply I could give him was "We'd like to be able to go on 2 or 3 but we're just not smart enough yet!"  He laughed and said "If it makes you feel any better it's starting to phuck me up."   I had some really good battles with this kid but I enjoyed his comic relief. 

    In case you're wondering,  after a couple false starts - we were eventually able to go on 2. That didn't stop our HC from trying to preach to anyone that would listen that the day of the dumb football player is over...  If you took our team picture, people wouldn't know if it was a football team or an entire class of Summer School Students....

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @flugel said:

    ..  If you took our team picture, people wouldn't know if it was a football team or an entire class of Summer School Students....

    Hey, that was so long ago I'm guessing this was your mascot. ?

    t_500x300

    Dodo

  • GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #82

    We need to stop being so hard on the guy.

    He "made a mistake".  I'm sure that's what he's gonna say. Don't they all?

  • @canton-mike said:

    ...but, but, but he was a Combine STANDOUT! (surely, a day or 2 at the Combine should override a season or more of college play)

    .....and folks wonder why I want to draft "I & I" (Intelligence & Intensity) over "F & S" (Fast & Stupid)!!

    Mike

    I remember back when I played Freshman Football, the guy next to me (our RT) was an animal and he was huge.  But I felt like it was an extended football version of "Of Mice and Men."   Every freakin time we broke the huddle and got to the line of scrimmage - I'd hear a real deep man's voice asking "FLUGEL WHAT'S IT ON MAN?"  So, I replied just as loud "IT'S ON ONE NEIL!"  So, this happened like 5 straight plays and we're still going on 1 not about to change it any time soon.

    Anyway, the next time we got up to the line of scrimmage - the DT I was going against says "Flugel, I got this. It's on 1 Neil."  After the play, the same guy asks me "Is Neil the only guy out here that doesn't know you guys are going on 1 every play?"   The only reply I could give him was "We'd like to be able to go on 2 or 3 but we're just not smart enough yet!"  He laughed and said "If it makes you feel any better it's starting to phuck me up."   I had some really good battles with this kid but I enjoyed his comic relief. 

    In case you're wondering,  after a couple false starts - we were eventually able to go on 2. That didn't stop our HC from trying to preach to anyone that would listen that the day of the dumb football player is over...  If you took our team picture, people wouldn't know if it was a football team or an entire class of Summer School Students....

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #83

    @flugel said:

     In case you're wondering,  after a couple false starts - we were eventually able to go on 2. That didn't stop our HC from trying to preach to anyone that would listen that the day of the dumb football player is over...  If you took our team picture, people wouldn't know if it was a football team or an entire class of Summer School Students....

    in 82 at Toledo, am a walk-on TE standing where am suppose to...at the end of the TE line next to coach Dan Simrell... I watch Simrell's face ? as RB Mel Tucker grabs Candy our LG by his facemask to utter these words "I get we just passed reading..but the next lineman that can't see the off centers hand close for us to go, may end up with papers to the Keller school of the Blind" ?  Coach Simrell made sure Mel Tucker was a team Captain next game... T.U. went 6-5 that season and I was told to walk-off at season's end...Tuck & the Candy gang graduated going 9-2 in 83..Never dressed in a TU game, but the kid flashbacks are countless..thanks! for yours..  

  • @flugel said:

     In case you're wondering,  after a couple false starts - we were eventually able to go on 2. That didn't stop our HC from trying to preach to anyone that would listen that the day of the dumb football player is over...  If you took our team picture, people wouldn't know if it was a football team or an entire class of Summer School Students....

    in 82 at Toledo, am a walk-on TE standing where am suppose to...at the end of the TE line next to coach Dan Simrell... I watch Simrell's face ? as RB Mel Tucker grabs Candy our LG by his facemask to utter these words "I get we just passed reading..but the next lineman that can't see the off centers hand close for us to go, may end up with papers to the Keller school of the Blind" ?  Coach Simrell made sure Mel Tucker was a team Captain next game... T.U. went 6-5 that season and I was told to walk-off at season's end...Tuck & the Candy gang graduated going 9-2 in 83..Never dressed in a TU game, but the kid flashbacks are countless..thanks! for yours..  

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    @gumby73 said:

    in 82 at Toledo, am a walk-on TE standing where am suppose to...at the end of the TE line next to coach Dan Simrell... I watch Simrell's face ? as RB Mel Tucker grabs Candy our LG by his facemask to utter these words "I get we just passed reading..but the next lineman that can't see the off centers hand close for us to go, may end up with papers to the Keller school of the Blind" ?  Coach Simrell made sure Mel Tucker was a team Captain next game... T.U. went 6-5 that season and I was told to walk-off at season's end...Tuck & the Candy gang graduated going 9-2 in 83..Never dressed in a TU game, but the kid flashbacks are countless..thanks! for yours..  

    Yes I love the ol' sports flashbacks and as the years go by the stories get better.

    My personal favorite high school one was 1966 Massillon at Niles in a battle of the heavyweights and I was on the field.  For the whole long story see the HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FORUM but it begins...... once upon a time......

    The perfect record led to an All-American Conference title. While Niles won state titles in 1961 and 1963, its schedule in those two years could be viewed as weak in comparison to the 1966 slate. In fact, the 66 Dragons are the only team in Ohio history to defeat Canton McKinley, Massillon and Warren G. Harding in the same season.

    And of course NILES MCKINLEY won and we ended up ranked #5 in the USA, ahhhh memories, they only get better with age.  🙂

  • @browns52 said:

    ha ha ha...he will now  become someone's bitch...haaaahahhhaaaa....stupid fucking moron.......

    I want to see the guy that makes a 27 year old NFL Offensive Lineman his bitch. 

    B browns52 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    @dutch-oven said:

    I want to see the guy that makes a 27 year old NFL Offensive Lineman his bitch. 

    oh, it won't be just one guy.......heh heh heh.....give me a break, you know why....its fucking prison.....

  • DieHardBrownsFanD DieHardBrownsFan wrote on last edited by
    #86

    Ya'll watch too many movies.

  • @gumby73 said:

    in 82 at Toledo, am a walk-on TE standing where am suppose to...at the end of the TE line next to coach Dan Simrell... I watch Simrell's face ? as RB Mel Tucker grabs Candy our LG by his facemask to utter these words "I get we just passed reading..but the next lineman that can't see the off centers hand close for us to go, may end up with papers to the Keller school of the Blind" ?  Coach Simrell made sure Mel Tucker was a team Captain next game... T.U. went 6-5 that season and I was told to walk-off at season's end...Tuck & the Candy gang graduated going 9-2 in 83..Never dressed in a TU game, but the kid flashbacks are countless..thanks! for yours..  

    Yes I love the ol' sports flashbacks and as the years go by the stories get better.

    My personal favorite high school one was 1966 Massillon at Niles in a battle of the heavyweights and I was on the field.  For the whole long story see the HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FORUM but it begins...... once upon a time......

    The perfect record led to an All-American Conference title. While Niles won state titles in 1961 and 1963, its schedule in those two years could be viewed as weak in comparison to the 1966 slate. In fact, the 66 Dragons are the only team in Ohio history to defeat Canton McKinley, Massillon and Warren G. Harding in the same season.

    And of course NILES MCKINLEY won and we ended up ranked #5 in the USA, ahhhh memories, they only get better with age.  🙂

    GorkaG Gorka wrote on last edited by Gorka
    #87

    @mjp28 said:

    Yes I love the ol' sports flashbacks and as the years go by the stories get better.

    My personal favorite high school one was 1966 Massillon at Niles in a battle of the heavyweights and I was on the field.  For the whole long story see the HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FORUM but it begins...... once upon a time......

    The perfect record led to an All-American Conference title. While Niles won state titles in 1961 and 1963, its schedule in those two years could be viewed as weak in comparison to the 1966 slate. In fact, the 66 Dragons are the only team in Ohio history to defeat Canton McKinley, Massillon and Warren G. Harding in the same season.

    And of course NILES MCKINLEY won and we ended up ranked #5 in the USA, ahhhh memories, they only get better with age.  🙂

    I remember back in the day when my old stomping grounds Ytown and surrounding areas was the hotbed of powerhouse high school football,  ...Cardinal Mooney, Chaney, Warren Harding, Fitch, Warren Western Reserve...not so much anymore.

    Ytown still rocks though...Four Ohio cities in the top 10 in producing NFL players per capita, according to a recent study. Youngstown tops the list, followed by Canton, with Cincinnati at No. 9 and Cleveland at No. 10...

    The study was based on cities with populations of at least 10,000. Youngstown has 10.6 players, Canton 7.5, Cincinnati 5.3 and Cleveland 5.2 NFL players based on that population numbers, according to the study.

    Just waiting for Gipper to slap the "fake news" tag on this as well.  Homeboy gets offended and gets defensive when Cleveland isn't #1. LOL

    But to make you feel better this stat is per capita, therefore Cleveland would ultimately have more players in the pros.

  • @mjp28 said:

    Yes I love the ol' sports flashbacks and as the years go by the stories get better.

    My personal favorite high school one was 1966 Massillon at Niles in a battle of the heavyweights and I was on the field.  For the whole long story see the HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL FORUM but it begins...... once upon a time......

    The perfect record led to an All-American Conference title. While Niles won state titles in 1961 and 1963, its schedule in those two years could be viewed as weak in comparison to the 1966 slate. In fact, the 66 Dragons are the only team in Ohio history to defeat Canton McKinley, Massillon and Warren G. Harding in the same season.

    And of course NILES MCKINLEY won and we ended up ranked #5 in the USA, ahhhh memories, they only get better with age.  🙂

    I remember back in the day when my old stomping grounds Ytown and surrounding areas was the hotbed of powerhouse high school football,  ...Cardinal Mooney, Chaney, Warren Harding, Fitch, Warren Western Reserve...not so much anymore.

    Ytown still rocks though...Four Ohio cities in the top 10 in producing NFL players per capita, according to a recent study. Youngstown tops the list, followed by Canton, with Cincinnati at No. 9 and Cleveland at No. 10...

    The study was based on cities with populations of at least 10,000. Youngstown has 10.6 players, Canton 7.5, Cincinnati 5.3 and Cleveland 5.2 NFL players based on that population numbers, according to the study.

    Just waiting for Gipper to slap the "fake news" tag on this as well.  Homeboy gets offended and gets defensive when Cleveland isn't #1. LOL

    But to make you feel better this stat is per capita, therefore Cleveland would ultimately have more players in the pros.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #88

    @gorka said:

    I remember back in the day when my old stomping grounds Ytown and surrounding areas was the hotbed of powerhouse high school football,  ...Cardinal Mooney, Chaney, Warren Harding, Fitch, Warren Western Reserve...not so much anymore.

    Ytown still rocks though...Four Ohio cities in the top 10 in producing NFL players per capita, according to a recent study. Youngstown tops the list, followed by Canton, with Cincinnati at No. 9 and Cleveland at No. 10...

    The study was based on cities with populations of at least 10,000. Youngstown has 10.6 players, Canton 7.5, Cincinnati 5.3 and Cleveland 5.2 NFL players based on that population numbers, according to the study.

    Just waiting for Gipper to slap the "fake news" tag on this as well.  Homeboy gets offended and gets defensive when Cleveland isn't #1. LOL

    But to make you feel better this stat is per capita, therefore Cleveland would ultimately have more players in the pros.

    I am from the Akron area.  Where the hell is Akron!!!😛

    Beanie Wells,   Antoine Winfield, James Harrison, Whitney Mercilus, Dante Lavelli HOF, Larry Csonka  HOF,  Don Nottingham, Cliff Battles HOF, Dave Brown,  Mike Vrabel.  (Jason Taylor...HOF....played at Akron U)

    Though, Akron may be more of a basketball town:    Nate Thurmond HOF,  Gus Johnson HOF,  LeBron James GOAT, Alvin Robertson..US Gold Medal,  Jerome Lane,  Larry Nance Jr.

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #89

    I bet when he got caught he looked like a deer in headlights

    ... a herbivore.

  • I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #90

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #91

    LOL! "He's an even worse drug dealer than he was offensive tackle and he was a terrible offensive tackle."-Jim Rome

  • LOL! "He's an even worse drug dealer than he was offensive tackle and he was a terrible offensive tackle."-Jim Rome

    I Icecube wrote on last edited by
    #92

    @texasag1969 said:

    LOL! "He's an even worse drug dealer than he was offensive tackle and he was a terrible offensive tackle."-Jim Rome

    Rome cracks me up. I had forgot about Nate Newton being busted twice in 2 weeks.