Skip to content

Conklin signs with Cleveland

The Browns Board
43 19 934
  • @darren15 said:

    I still think we ended up trading for Trent ........ 

    I see no point.  Why trade and take on further money when you can draft a promising rookie on the cheap with an eye towards long term?

    Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @tiamat63 said:

    I see no point.  Why trade and take on further money when you can draft a promising rookie on the cheap with an eye towards long term?

    Agree... I don't see huge commitments at both OT slots simultaneously.... especially when you have to trade assets for that privilege.

    Bulaga? At an estimated $8.8mm/yr. price tag per OTC, he's more affordable, but just not feeling that move.

    The pressure of spending our 1st on an OT is gone. We still might, if "our top guy" is still there, but we no longer need to do so. We can go another way as others have pointed out.

    I'm still not crazy about Simmons, but KinIaw is a name I'd consider there. And a trade down is far more possible now bringing an ILB into play like OU's Murray... who I am warming to late.

    OT? Matt Peart somewhere in the late-2nd/early-3rd area works for me at RT.

    Conklin's signing is a game changer...

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by
    #42

    Short lil article from our new RT(?)...

    Jack Conklin felt the excitement from the Browns as a free agent

    Cool part includes Joe T.

    Not so cool part is that it's at least the 3rd article of late referring to Jack as "our new RT." Which means I could be wrugh... (oh boy)... wrogh (ack)... wrongh...

    Tell ya what... I'll get back to yall come camp... 😉

  • Short lil article from our new RT(?)...

    Jack Conklin felt the excitement from the Browns as a free agent

    Cool part includes Joe T.

    Not so cool part is that it's at least the 3rd article of late referring to Jack as "our new RT." Which means I could be wrugh... (oh boy)... wrogh (ack)... wrongh...

    Tell ya what... I'll get back to yall come camp... 😉

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @tour2ma said:

    Short lil article from our new RT(?)...

    Jack Conklin felt the excitement from the Browns as a free agent

    Cool part includes Joe T.

    Not so cool part is that it's at least the 3rd article of late referring to Jack as "our new RT." Which means I could be wrugh... (oh boy)... wrogh (ack)... wrongh...

    Tell ya what... I'll get back to yall come camp... 😉

    I still think the Browns take an OT with the #10 spot, or wherever they trade down to.