Browns Reveal New Uniforms
-
For me the jerseys are just "ok "but I get going to a old style unis to please the older fan base and trying to get back to the roots of winning. I'm totally fine with that. With that said, very disappointed we still don't have a real logo. Just a pic of or non-de script helmet that has a stripe on. As someone that has done graphic design it drives me crazy thinking of all possible ways we could have jazzed it. Happy that the Haslams are donating all the proceeds of the jerseys to local covid-19 relief efforts. That's some classy shit.
We do have logos, all kinds of logos. Just none on the helmet,,,,and fuck having a logo on the helmet.
You want logos:
We do have logos, all kinds of logos. Just none on the helmet,,,,and fuck having a logo on the helmet.
You want logos:
I have no problems with the helmets staying the same. But is it too much to be asking for a new emblem on the shoulder, upper chest area like NBA jerseys where 2 years ago? Then making that logo the official primary. Personally I'm a fan of Brownie the elf but the "dogg pound" logo could have worked as well. The current logo design just screams of laziness and is so vanilla and plain jane. Everyone in my family that doesn't live in the state thinks it looks like something a high school team would roll with.
-
What a colossal prick...
I assume this is a request for architectural photos:
Is that the "Gipper Tower"? ?
Mike
Is that the "Gipper Tower"? ?
Gip's High School nickname was "Stubby."
He's been compensating ever since...
-
Is that the "Gipper Tower"? ?
Gip's High School nickname was "Stubby."
He's been compensating ever since...
Gip's High School nickname was "Stubby."
He's been compensating ever since...
Actually, surprise, surprise...my high school nickname was "Gipper".
And why does it surprise no one that when the subject of my schmekel may come up on this board, your ears perk up and there you are, right there on it
-
I don't like the horizontal white lines there, they should be at the level of the floor slab, not at the level of the windowsills.
Also, I don't think the cornerstones have a structural function, and the ones forming two colums in the middle of the facade make no sense at all.
But I guess it's all about appearance and not about architecture. People tend to forget that some features in the buildings were there because they served a purpose, and start repeating or moving them unknowingly, when you can have good architecture without pasting what end up being ornaments.
Isn't a good part of architecture about appearance? This particular house was built by OC Barber who between like 1890 and 1920 built a number of structures with similar style, including the mansion in the photo hereinabove. He was a "Guilded Age" Industrialist who also created an experimental farm. As time went by, there came upon the town named after him...Barberton, an incredible lack of foresight wherein the mansion was torn down and the area of the farm was built up into shall we say, lesser quality housing and strip shopping areas. However, a number of the structures were preserved that had that style. I will give you a few photos and you can critique them:
Here was his Pig barn:

Isn't a good part of architecture about appearance? This particular house was built by OC Barber who between like 1890 and 1920 built a number of structures with similar style, including the mansion in the photo hereinabove. He was a "Guilded Age" Industrialist who also created an experimental farm. As time went by, there came upon the town named after him...Barberton, an incredible lack of foresight wherein the mansion was torn down and the area of the farm was built up into shall we say, lesser quality housing and strip shopping areas. However, a number of the structures were preserved that had that style. I will give you a few photos and you can critique them:
Here was his Pig barn:
Yes, architecture is about appearance too. But in architecture, most of the appearance is made by the construction itself. Modern construction needs less "elements",so some of them become pure appearance, and sometimes architects use them wrongly.
See how in the older ones you posted there is no line in the height of the windowstill. If they have cornerstones in the middle, it must be because there are two load bearing brick/stone walls in the middle perpendicular to the facade. I bet you the modern one I commented doesn't, and simply has some pillars in the interior of the house, or bearing walls made of timber/concrete.
-
Is that the "Gipper Tower"? ?
Gip's High School nickname was "Stubby."
He's been compensating ever since...
-
Gip, are these structures still standing? I believe I've seen them in Barberton recently.
Mike
Yes, these are ones still standing. The Piggery, the Colt Barn, Barn No. 1 (which became Yoder Bros. HQ). The Machinery, and The Creamery....which is the "house" that Dutch said was purchased by a friend of his fiance's. There may be a few others standing.
From what I understand, there were originally like 35 or more buildings....all built in the early 1900s, but by the late 60s, all but about a half dozen had been torn down. As I said, an absolute lack of foresight on the part of the city, not knowing that what they had was a unique entity in America. It could have been on the order of a Williamsburg had it been preserved, but no, the city had to have its strip shopping and substandard housing to support the factory workers of the town. Of course, now, most of those factories are gone or have gone from employing a couple of thousand to about 100 people.
Yes, these are ones still standing. The Piggery, the Colt Barn, Barn No. 1 (which became Yoder Bros. HQ). The Machinery, and The Creamery....which is the "house" that Dutch said was purchased by a friend of his fiance's. There may be a few others standing.
From what I understand, there were originally like 35 or more buildings....all built in the early 1900s, but by the late 60s, all but about a half dozen had been torn down. As I said, an absolute lack of foresight on the part of the city, not knowing that what they had was a unique entity in America. It could have been on the order of a Williamsburg had it been preserved, but no, the city had to have its strip shopping and substandard housing to support the factory workers of the town. Of course, now, most of those factories are gone or have gone from employing a couple of thousand to about 100 people.
Thank you. I saw them & recall thinking that there had to be something of a story behind them as they were SO different. The same could be said about "The Timken Stables" in Canton that Chris Spielman attempted to turn into a restaurant (a failed effort), which is now a Synagogue. I ate/drank there a few times. Here is a pic from those days...

That was such a neat place. Another was the old Quaker Oats Tower in Akron.
Mike
-
Yes, these are ones still standing. The Piggery, the Colt Barn, Barn No. 1 (which became Yoder Bros. HQ). The Machinery, and The Creamery....which is the "house" that Dutch said was purchased by a friend of his fiance's. There may be a few others standing.
From what I understand, there were originally like 35 or more buildings....all built in the early 1900s, but by the late 60s, all but about a half dozen had been torn down. As I said, an absolute lack of foresight on the part of the city, not knowing that what they had was a unique entity in America. It could have been on the order of a Williamsburg had it been preserved, but no, the city had to have its strip shopping and substandard housing to support the factory workers of the town. Of course, now, most of those factories are gone or have gone from employing a couple of thousand to about 100 people.
Thank you. I saw them & recall thinking that there had to be something of a story behind them as they were SO different. The same could be said about "The Timken Stables" in Canton that Chris Spielman attempted to turn into a restaurant (a failed effort), which is now a Synagogue. I ate/drank there a few times. Here is a pic from those days...

That was such a neat place. Another was the old Quaker Oats Tower in Akron.
Mike
Thank you. I saw them & recall thinking that there had to be something of a story behind them as they were SO different. The same could be said about "The Timken Stables" in Canton that Chris Spielman attempted to turn into a restaurant (a failed effort), which is now a Synagogue. I ate/drank there a few times. Here is a pic from those days...
That was such a neat place. Another was the old Quaker Oats Tower in Akron.
Mike
I was there a couple of times
-
-
As for the Chargers, their no big difference than what they have ben wearing. I miss the dark blue helmet with the yellow facemask. The dark blue jersey looks good still.
-
Gorka and DieHard going at it.
Priceless.
Apparently there's trouble in MAGAland.
Gorka and DieHard going at it.
Priceless.
Apparently there's trouble in MAGAland.
Dutch boy and Nickers goin at it
Except Nickers has Dutch on ignore.
Priceless
-
He sure does.
This might be hard to comprehend, but nickers is an even bigger pansy than you are, Sebastian.
-
He sure does.
This might be hard to comprehend, but nickers is an even bigger pansy than you are, Sebastian.
He sure does.
This might be hard to comprehend, but nickers is a bigger pansy than you are, Sebastian.
Going after someone who pays no attention to you is pathetic.
It's not a convincing way to prove to others that you're really not a pussy.
Comprehend that pussy.
-
He sure does.
This might be hard to comprehend, but nickers is an even bigger pansy than you are, Sebastian.
He sure does.
This might be hard to comprehend, but nickers is an even bigger pansy than you are, Sebastian.
Going after someone who pays no attention to you is pitiful
That is not a convincing way to prove to others that you're really not a pussy.
Comprehend that pussy.
-
As for the Chargers, their no big difference than what they have ben wearing. I miss the dark blue helmet with the yellow facemask. The dark blue jersey looks good still.
As for the Chargers, their no big difference than what they have ben wearing. I miss the dark blue helmet with the yellow facemask. The dark blue jersey looks good still.
The helmets are totally different with the number being brought back, as well as the size of the bolt. More subtle changes throughout the uni as well.
-
As for the Chargers, their no big difference than what they have ben wearing. I miss the dark blue helmet with the yellow facemask. The dark blue jersey looks good still.
The helmets are totally different with the number being brought back, as well as the size of the bolt. More subtle changes throughout the uni as well.
The helmets are totally different with the number being brought back, as well as the size of the bolt. More subtle changes throughout the uni as well.
And most importantly, they got rid of that horrible number font.
I don't love all the Chargers uniform combos, but the blue and white and white and white ones are nice. Also like the dark blue Color Rush unis.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
