Skip to content

Donovan Peoples-Jones

The Browns Board
316 27 7.9k 1
  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
  • @mld-woody said:

    I'm used to, and prefer, non stop standing and cheering in a student section for 3+ hours completely engaged in what's going on.

    What specific soccer game did this occur? 

    MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    What specific soccer game did this occur? 

    Well, some of the Michigan soccer games I went to

    But, again, I wasn't comparing baseball to soccer. I was providing data to show baseball's decline

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by

    unie""" 4thePeeps-Jones

  • @mld-woody said:

    Damn you're insufferable. What is/was your occupation again? 

    And yeah, we did. And most people have also completely grown out of it. It's weird to see an elderly person not only adopt the terminology and then stick with it in 2020.

    Lets put it this way....maybe you have outgrown the language....but you have not outgrown the actualness of what it means.  You and your arguments and the game that you like that bores most people are still lame/weak/gay.   Of course, in my generation we too had words that stood in for weak and lame.  I doubt you would comprehend them however. 

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    maybe you have outgrown the language....but you have not outgrown the actualness of what it means

    He's saying he matured.  You know, like a human.

    You allowed his statement that he matured.. and then asserted that you possess secret knowledge to claim that he didn't "really" mature. 

    See, here's the thing: The fact that he doesn't use it..... IS the maturity.  The measure is the outward action, NOT something internal.  Being a part of a community is defined by your actions.  

    Hopefully unintentionally, but it's actually a red herring argument to introduce the notion of someone's "true" self.. even that concept asserts as fact the notion that people never change, which is something I'd never allow.

  • @the-gipper said:

    maybe you have outgrown the language....but you have not outgrown the actualness of what it means

    He's saying he matured.  You know, like a human.

    You allowed his statement that he matured.. and then asserted that you possess secret knowledge to claim that he didn't "really" mature. 

    See, here's the thing: The fact that he doesn't use it..... IS the maturity.  The measure is the outward action, NOT something internal.  Being a part of a community is defined by your actions.  

    Hopefully unintentionally, but it's actually a red herring argument to introduce the notion of someone's "true" self.. even that concept asserts as fact the notion that people never change, which is something I'd never allow.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @unsympathetic said:

    He's saying he matured.  You know, like a human.

    You allowed his statement that he matured.. and then asserted that you possess secret knowledge to claim that he didn't "really" mature. 

    I allowed that he has gotten older, not matured.  We all get older every day.

    See, here's the thing: The fact that he doesn't use it..... IS the maturity.  The measure is the outward action, NOT something internal.  Being a part of a community is defined by your actions.  

    I say that claiming that he no longer uses such terms is only the pretense of maturity.  It is a facade.  Like I said, an attempt to be "too cool" to use that term.  A truly mature person would not have to present such a facade.  A mature person is secure in his maturity such that when/if he uses those terms it is a showing that external judgments upon him for said use do not phase him.  I can certainly us any term that I may have used at any time in my life...or at any time in history, and there would still be no question about my maturity.   I have no need at pretense at "coolness".   Right On, Brother?   Groovy.   It might be hip to be square, but it ain't hip to pretend to be square. 

    Hopefully unintentionally, but it's actually a red herring argument to introduce the notion of someone's "true" self.. even that concept asserts as fact the notion that people never change, which is something I'd never allow.

    Well, I think certainly people can be entrenched in some of their thinking, but I would never allow that someone cannot make changes in their attitudes and thinking here or there.   

    One pertinent example:   When he was with FMU we  Browns/Buckeye fans  wouldn't give a damn for the whole state of Donovan Peoples-Jones;  but not that he is a Cleveland Brown....he is fully welcome into the fold of the loving arms of Cleveland Browns fans.  While, as a 6th rounder, there may be no expectation of great success, as now a Brown, there is great hopefulness thereof. 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    He's saying he matured.  You know, like a human.

    You allowed his statement that he matured.. and then asserted that you possess secret knowledge to claim that he didn't "really" mature. 

    I allowed that he has gotten older, not matured.  We all get older every day.

    See, here's the thing: The fact that he doesn't use it..... IS the maturity.  The measure is the outward action, NOT something internal.  Being a part of a community is defined by your actions.  

    I say that claiming that he no longer uses such terms is only the pretense of maturity.  It is a facade.  Like I said, an attempt to be "too cool" to use that term.  A truly mature person would not have to present such a facade.  A mature person is secure in his maturity such that when/if he uses those terms it is a showing that external judgments upon him for said use do not phase him.  I can certainly us any term that I may have used at any time in my life...or at any time in history, and there would still be no question about my maturity.   I have no need at pretense at "coolness".   Right On, Brother?   Groovy.   It might be hip to be square, but it ain't hip to pretend to be square. 

    Hopefully unintentionally, but it's actually a red herring argument to introduce the notion of someone's "true" self.. even that concept asserts as fact the notion that people never change, which is something I'd never allow.

    Well, I think certainly people can be entrenched in some of their thinking, but I would never allow that someone cannot make changes in their attitudes and thinking here or there.   

    One pertinent example:   When he was with FMU we  Browns/Buckeye fans  wouldn't give a damn for the whole state of Donovan Peoples-Jones;  but not that he is a Cleveland Brown....he is fully welcome into the fold of the loving arms of Cleveland Browns fans.  While, as a 6th rounder, there may be no expectation of great success, as now a Brown, there is great hopefulness thereof. 

    U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    claiming that he no longer uses such terms is only the pretense of maturity.  It is a facade.

    Prove it..

    @the-gipper said:

    it ain't hip to pretend to be square

    You're not supporting an assertion that he's exhibiting a facade.. by repeating the assertion.  

    @the-gipper said:

     A truly mature person would not have to present such a facade.

    First, you haven't shown in any way that anything is a facade.. second, you're better than attempting to define something by stating what you think it's not.  

    No picket fences here.. and for the love of God, ix-nay on strawmen.

  • @the-gipper said:

    claiming that he no longer uses such terms is only the pretense of maturity.  It is a facade.

    Prove it..

    @the-gipper said:

    it ain't hip to pretend to be square

    You're not supporting an assertion that he's exhibiting a facade.. by repeating the assertion.  

    @the-gipper said:

     A truly mature person would not have to present such a facade.

    First, you haven't shown in any way that anything is a facade.. second, you're better than attempting to define something by stating what you think it's not.  

    No picket fences here.. and for the love of God, ix-nay on strawmen.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper

    @unsympathetic said:

    Prove it..

    You're not supporting an assertion that he's exhibiting a facade.. by repeating the assertion.  

    First, you haven't shown in any way that anything is a facade.. second, you're better than attempting to define something by stating what you think it's not.  

    (any scientist can tell you that that is a very common method of leading to knowledge and understanding:  knowing what something is not)

    No picket fences here.. and for the love of God, ix-nay on strawmen.

    It is all inherent.    To quote a philosopher:   I can merely shine a light, I cannot open your eyes to see. 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Prove it..

    You're not supporting an assertion that he's exhibiting a facade.. by repeating the assertion.  

    First, you haven't shown in any way that anything is a facade.. second, you're better than attempting to define something by stating what you think it's not.  

    (any scientist can tell you that that is a very common method of leading to knowledge and understanding:  knowing what something is not)

    No picket fences here.. and for the love of God, ix-nay on strawmen.

    It is all inherent.    To quote a philosopher:   I can merely shine a light, I cannot open your eyes to see. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    It is all inherent.    To quote a philosopher:   I can merely shine a light, I cannot open your eyes to see. 

    You need to go over to the polyboard then. They can't even read Braille yet.

  • @the-gipper said:

    It is all inherent.    To quote a philosopher:   I can merely shine a light, I cannot open your eyes to see. 

    You need to go over to the polyboard then. They can't even read Braille yet.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    You need to go over to the polyboard then. They can't even read Braille yet.

    The Tao says:    the way  forward is often to move backward.     But, even though The Way may have been  written in the Iron Age, I do not believe it contemplated a move back to the Stone Age,   where that entity often dwells. 

    Besides, as I have said....discussions of that nature by me require compensation.   I would have to be like a dentist there:   if they want their teeth all pulled, they have to pay the fee. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by

  • Tour2maT Tour2ma wrote on last edited by

    I want to know who hacked cal's account...

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    I have a mortgage. That's a mature thing, right?

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    So are you going to tell me if your career is in law?

  • So are you going to tell me if your career is in law?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    So are you going to tell me if your career is in law?

    @mld-woody said:

    I have a mortgage. That's a mature thing, right?

    A.   Have you truly been that inattentive?  How many years have you been a patron of this board? Every other single person who has been here for more than a few months has known that.   That is as basic as knowing you went to some school with a mediocre engineering program. 

    B. Not necessarily...it is just a debt thing.   How do I know?  From 40 years of practicing law and dealing with entire cadres of people who were immature yet still had mortgages. 

  • MLD WoodyM MLD Woody wrote on last edited by

    A1. Never saw it mentioned. And I think 8 years now? Something like that. 

    Makes a lot of sense though. Engineers/STEM majors are trained to solve problems. You're trained to argue, but not actually fix anything (my biggest issue with politicians). Also why u hear we don't get picked to be jurors a lot.

    A2. Lol... Mediocre 

    B. I was mostly just joking. 

  • A1. Never saw it mentioned. And I think 8 years now? Something like that. 

    Makes a lot of sense though. Engineers/STEM majors are trained to solve problems. You're trained to argue, but not actually fix anything (my biggest issue with politicians). Also why u hear we don't get picked to be jurors a lot.

    A2. Lol... Mediocre 

    B. I was mostly just joking. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @mld-woody said:

    A1. Never saw it mentioned. And I think 8 years now? Something like that. 

    Makes a lot of sense though. Engineers/STEM majors are trained to solve problems. You're trained to argue, but not actually fix anything (my biggest issue with politicians). Also why u hear we don't get picked to be jurors a lot.

    You clearly have no fucking clue.   You might solve math problems, but when it comes to most real world problems.....human problems......there is usually a lawyer involved that either provides the solution, or negotiates the solution.  Name any kind of problem you think may exist...and who do people  often call to help resolve it? 

    A2. Lol... Mediocre 

    Well...Maybe they are ranked pretty high.  But in every  bag of gold there are a few pieces of pyrite.  Voila!

    B. I was mostly just joking. 

    But, in your joking you did hit on something.

  • @mld-woody said:

    A1. Never saw it mentioned. And I think 8 years now? Something like that. 

    Makes a lot of sense though. Engineers/STEM majors are trained to solve problems. You're trained to argue, but not actually fix anything (my biggest issue with politicians). Also why u hear we don't get picked to be jurors a lot.

    You clearly have no fucking clue.   You might solve math problems, but when it comes to most real world problems.....human problems......there is usually a lawyer involved that either provides the solution, or negotiates the solution.  Name any kind of problem you think may exist...and who do people  often call to help resolve it? 

    A2. Lol... Mediocre 

    Well...Maybe they are ranked pretty high.  But in every  bag of gold there are a few pieces of pyrite.  Voila!

    B. I was mostly just joking. 

    But, in your joking you did hit on something.

    D BoneD D Bone wrote on last edited by

    @the-gipper said:

    Name any kind of problem you think may exist...and who do people often call to help resolve it?

    Electricians. 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Name any kind of problem you think may exist...and who do people often call to help resolve it?

    Electricians. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Electricians. 

    Or gunsmiths.??

  • @the-gipper said:

    Name any kind of problem you think may exist...and who do people often call to help resolve it?

    Electricians. 

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @d-bone said:

    Electricians. 

    No wonder you got burned so bad in your divorce!😆

    Hell, at least "guru"  could have been a logical answer. 

    Myers' 'Guru' up for year's worst - CNN.com

  • @d-bone said:

    Electricians. 

    Or gunsmiths.??

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    Or gunsmiths.??

    Well...about  63% of all gun deaths  are self inflicted suicides, and another 20% are where the gun owner is either killed by his own guy by a family member...or he/she kills another member of their own household.   So, OK, I can see where in a great number of instances a gunsmiths  contribution can be a "Final Solution"  to a person's problems.