Skip to content

Donovan Peoples-Jones

The Browns Board
316 27 7.9k 1
  • @londonbrown said:

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    and confusing and ignorant

    @atom said:

    and confusing and ignorant

    ..how about barbaric....

  • I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries. 
     

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    @londonbrown said:

    I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries. 
     

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    You should be afraid,  as it is not really true.    I don't think just because there is idiotic violence associated with a rivalry that that makes it any greater, more heated or more fierce.  It just makes those fans more stupid. 

  • Cleveland Browns@Browns
    Let's GO @dpeoplesjones 🔥🔥

    📺: #NFLDraft on ABC, ESPN + NFLN
  • Peeps is gonna find it different in the NFL.  He was 'blown coverage' wide open in the videos.

  • I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries. 
     

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    @londonbrown said:

    I’m afraid to say no sport can match soccer for fierce and heated rivalries. 
     

    The violence shown by fans can be shocking 

    That isn't rivalry.  That is pure, encompassing, completely hate driven idiocy.     Rivalry for a contact sport is settled on the field and at it's core a mutual (although stubborn) respect.

    I would actually argue if soccer itself were more "violent", similar to the game of football, then you wouldn't see the extent of the chaos after the fact like you do with footbul.      Spend 4 quarters beating the shit out of the person across from you.  You'll gain a new appreciation for your competition and you'll never be more tired in your life.

    Don't? Well, then you get the poor countries sport rioting results from time to time.

  • Donovan Peoples-Jones@dpeoplesjones
    Thank you to the Cleveland Browns for believing in me!!! I can’t wait!!! #DawgPound
  • I like how there always have to be multiple OSU questions, Braylon, etc

    @mld-woody said:

    I like how there always have to be multiple OSU questions, Braylon, etc

    Of course. Some of the OSU homers don't believe in ever taking a player from Michigan when there's still a draftable Buckeye still on the board. They're so blinded, they almost want the guy to fail- just because he went to the wrong college. If you take a look at current analytics- the Browns knew Braylon had questionable hands- and drafted him anyway.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh Christ, you've just guaranteed this two page thread will turn into a five page thread where LB, Nero and hoorta drone on about the greatness that is soccer with that last line. 

    Someone needs to wack you with a rolled up newspaper sometimes... ? Bad Gippet!

    Now you're talking- the #1 sport in the world.  😁  

  • @mld-woody said:

    I like how there always have to be multiple OSU questions, Braylon, etc

    Of course. Some of the OSU homers don't believe in ever taking a player from Michigan when there's still a draftable Buckeye still on the board. They're so blinded, they almost want the guy to fail- just because he went to the wrong college. If you take a look at current analytics- the Browns knew Braylon had questionable hands- and drafted him anyway.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh Christ, you've just guaranteed this two page thread will turn into a five page thread where LB, Nero and hoorta drone on about the greatness that is soccer with that last line. 

    Someone needs to wack you with a rolled up newspaper sometimes... ? Bad Gippet!

    Now you're talking- the #1 sport in the world.  😁  

    @hoorta said:

     
     
     
     

    Now you're talking- the #1 sport in the world.  😁  

    f7FdEdG.jpeg

  • @mld-woody said:

    I like how there always have to be multiple OSU questions, Braylon, etc

    Of course. Some of the OSU homers don't believe in ever taking a player from Michigan when there's still a draftable Buckeye still on the board. They're so blinded, they almost want the guy to fail- just because he went to the wrong college. If you take a look at current analytics- the Browns knew Braylon had questionable hands- and drafted him anyway.  

    @dutch-oven said:

    Oh Christ, you've just guaranteed this two page thread will turn into a five page thread where LB, Nero and hoorta drone on about the greatness that is soccer with that last line. 

    Someone needs to wack you with a rolled up newspaper sometimes... ? Bad Gippet!

    Now you're talking- the #1 sport in the world.  😁  

    @hoorta said:

    Now you're talking- the #1 sport in the world.  😁  

    What is the sport where metrosexual men run around a big field aimlessly for two hours in adorable satin shorts, Alex. ?

  • I won't join the soccer conversation (nice flamebaiting, Dutch lol). But I think this pick means that Woody will change his avatar soon... And that's not something I will blame him for. 

    I still wonder why the Browns do not have some kind of OSU favoritism policy. Some teams/coaches IIRC build relationships with certain college teams and end up having their tendencies when drafting. You are based in Ohio, OSU has a nice program mostly on defense and I only remember Ward being drafted (and our defense hasn't been that great). I mean, we now have more LSU alumni than OSU, no? 

  • @the-gipper said:

    Ah..Ha ha.   OK. 

    Not sure what  succer rivalries may match OSU/Michigan.  Barcelona/Madrid?   Liverpool/Manchester?   Brazil/Argentina?   (the answer is:   none)

    I have no idea. 

    I'm actually proud about this. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    I have no idea. 

    I'm actually proud about this. 

    LOL. Well played, sir.

  • I won't join the soccer conversation (nice flamebaiting, Dutch lol). But I think this pick means that Woody will change his avatar soon... And that's not something I will blame him for. 

    I still wonder why the Browns do not have some kind of OSU favoritism policy. Some teams/coaches IIRC build relationships with certain college teams and end up having their tendencies when drafting. You are based in Ohio, OSU has a nice program mostly on defense and I only remember Ward being drafted (and our defense hasn't been that great). I mean, we now have more LSU alumni than OSU, no? 

    @nero said:

     
     
     
    1

    I won't join the soccer conversation (nice flamebaiting, Dutch lol). But I think this pick means that Woody will change his avatar soon... And that's not something I will blame him for. 

    I'll give it a little bit. The Scottish Hammer is still a beast

    Also, I'm on your side of the soccer debate. They just don't know what they're talking about, it's ok. I look forward to a future in the US where baseball is on life support and soccer is thriving.

  • I won't join the soccer conversation (nice flamebaiting, Dutch lol). But I think this pick means that Woody will change his avatar soon... And that's not something I will blame him for. 

    I still wonder why the Browns do not have some kind of OSU favoritism policy. Some teams/coaches IIRC build relationships with certain college teams and end up having their tendencies when drafting. You are based in Ohio, OSU has a nice program mostly on defense and I only remember Ward being drafted (and our defense hasn't been that great). I mean, we now have more LSU alumni than OSU, no? 

    @nero said:

    I won't join the soccer conversation (nice flamebaiting, Dutch lol). But I think this pick means that Woody will change his avatar soon... And that's not something I will blame him for. 

    I still wonder why the Browns do not have some kind of OSU favoritism policy. Some teams/coaches IIRC build relationships with certain college teams and end up having their tendencies when drafting. You are based in Ohio, OSU has a nice program mostly on defense and I only remember Ward being drafted (and our defense hasn't been that great). I mean, we now have more LSU alumni than OSU, no? 

    Once upon a time in a football Galaxy far far away,  there was an actual  local rights draft....where the team or teams near a particular college had rights preferences to schools in their area.   That particular policy went the way of the Dodo in about the mid 60s,  so no local preference.   For some time...it deed seem the Browns had an OSU favoritism policy. ...again, back in the day...perhaps into the 70s.    But lately...this century, it seems that the Browns FOs  have had anti-OSU policies....to their detriment in my opinion.   I mean...as my thread showed, Ohio State has only been the most prolific producer of both NFL first rounders, and NFL draftees in like the last 20 years.    

    Denzel Ward was only the third  OSU player selected this century.   The other two were WR  Brian Robiskie....a dud, and  Darnell Sanders TE  also pretty much a dud  (18 career catches).   

    So, there were a couple of duds.  Not sure why that would make them shy away....considering ALL the duds this team has drafted from everywhere.  But, to basically completely ignore one of the top 2 or 3  NFL player producing schools the last 20 years seems non-sensical....especially when it is in the same state.   Imagine if the Browns basically said they would have a policy of not wanting Alabama or LSU players?   (Hell...that would have saved us from Barkevious Mingo and Trent Richardson).  

  •  
    1
      1 hour ago, Nero said:

    I won't join the soccer conversation (nice flamebaiting, Dutch lol). But I think this pick means that Woody will change his avatar soon... And that's not something I will blame him for. 

    I'll give it a little bit. The Scottish Hammer is still a beast

     Also, I'm on your side of the soccer debate. They just don't know what they're talking about, it's ok. I look forward to a future in the US where baseball is on life support and soccer is thriving.

    Well, you may as well also look forward to your own  death as well....since that is likely to come first. 

    (notice that during the pandemic that the nation is looking forward to the football season, and the possible resumption of  Baseball, basketball, even hockey....but not one peep about soccer) 

  • Don't mind this pick.  Has all the tools to be a contributor.  Great vertical and fights for the ball at the highpoint.  Had a couple 50/50 passes he came down with vs The Bucks that were just impressive.    I'm good with it.

    Got a DPJ to go with our OBJ... and that's OK...

    @tiamat63 said:

    Don't mind this pick.  Has all the tools to be a contributor.  Great vertical and fights for the ball at the highpoint.  Had a couple 50/50 passes he came down with vs The Bucks that were just impressive.    I'm good with it.

    Agree... read comments about the inconsistent QB play hurting him... and given the turd Shea laid last year in the Big House I can see that. Combine was outstanding.

    @mld-woody said:

    More of a punt returner but yes, he returned kicks too.

    All right! Another Josh Cribbs.. only DPJ went to a lesser school...

  • @the-gipper said:

    Well, you know who is to blame for that.    Plus,  I guess you could say that there is no controversy associated with taking Wills.. No one has reason to dispute the efficacy of that pick.  Here, there could be some of that. 

    Also....being in Anglaland, perhaps you are not as cognizant of the most fierce rival in all of sports. 

    Na I get the rivalry , have read some stuff on it before. Just found it amusing 

    @londonbrown said:

    Na I get the rivalry , have read some stuff on it before. Just found it amusing 

    Why read when you can...

  • Now the wood-man man will have to change his Avatar. My paternal great grandmother's maiden name was Peoples, I don't see a family resemblance but who knows?

    WSS