Skip to content

How many of you would go to a game?

The Browns Board
71 25 1.8k 1
  • BarryB Barry wrote on last edited by Barry
    #1

    I don't know how to make a poll on here with comments so thought I would just ask. Am just curious.

    Let's assume that it's September and things with Covid-19 are roughly the same as they are now. The Browns are playing their season opener against a division rival, take your pick as to which team. How many of you would go to that game?

    Note- Please don't turn this into a debate. There is already a thread devoted to it. Thanks.

  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Nope.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #3

    7.5 hour drive to Nashville,Tenn for me..just need a no snow date & a 1pm kickoff please..

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #4

    If there's been no progress? Hard pass from me, then. 

  • ComeonmanC Comeonman wrote on last edited by
    #5

    If everyone was wearing mask... probably. I don’t like to think about it really. Hopefully most of this is getting behind us. 

  • I don't know how to make a poll on here with comments so thought I would just ask. Am just curious.

    Let's assume that it's September and things with Covid-19 are roughly the same as they are now. The Browns are playing their season opener against a division rival, take your pick as to which team. How many of you would go to that game?

    Note- Please don't turn this into a debate. There is already a thread devoted to it. Thanks.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @barry said:

    I don't know how to make a poll on here with comments so thought I would just ask. Am just curious.

    Let's assume that it's September and things with Covid-19 are roughly the same as they are now. The Browns are playing their season opener against a division rival, take your pick as to which team. How many of you would go to that game?

    Note- Please don't turn this into a debate. There is already a thread devoted to it. Thanks.

    If everything was roughly the same as they are now.....then no one would be going to games and they would not be allowed.  So that particular question is superfluous.   Your question is:  How much better must things get before the league/cities/states  would allow fans to go to games,  and if they were allowed, would you go?

    And don't be so foolish to think that a question like you asked would not be turned into a debate.  You invited a debate by asking it. 

  • @barry said:

    I don't know how to make a poll on here with comments so thought I would just ask. Am just curious.

    Let's assume that it's September and things with Covid-19 are roughly the same as they are now. The Browns are playing their season opener against a division rival, take your pick as to which team. How many of you would go to that game?

    Note- Please don't turn this into a debate. There is already a thread devoted to it. Thanks.

    If everything was roughly the same as they are now.....then no one would be going to games and they would not be allowed.  So that particular question is superfluous.   Your question is:  How much better must things get before the league/cities/states  would allow fans to go to games,  and if they were allowed, would you go?

    And don't be so foolish to think that a question like you asked would not be turned into a debate.  You invited a debate by asking it. 

    BarryB Barry wrote on last edited by Barry
    #7

    @the-gipper said:

    If everything was roughly the same as they are now.....then no one would be going to games and they would not be allowed.  So that particular question is superfluous.   Your question is:  How much better must things get before the league/cities/states  would allow fans to go to games,  and if they were allowed, would you go?

    And don't be so foolish to think that a question like you asked would not be turned into a debate.  You invited a debate by asking it. 

    You can be really boring sometimes...and predictable.

  • @the-gipper said:

    If everything was roughly the same as they are now.....then no one would be going to games and they would not be allowed.  So that particular question is superfluous.   Your question is:  How much better must things get before the league/cities/states  would allow fans to go to games,  and if they were allowed, would you go?

    And don't be so foolish to think that a question like you asked would not be turned into a debate.  You invited a debate by asking it. 

    You can be really boring sometimes...and predictable.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #8

    @barry said:

    You can be really boring sometimes...and predictable.

    Sorry you can't handle the truth.

  • PoeticGP PoeticG wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I will be there. Whether that means wearing a dog mask, a rain coat and a beer hat with sanitizer in it, then so be it. If we're going to war- we're going to war. 

  • @barry said:

    You can be really boring sometimes...and predictable.

    Sorry you can't handle the truth.

    BarryB Barry wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry you can't handle the truth.

    I'm sorry. I don't play these games. Know that I won't be reading any more of your posts.

  • @barry said:

    You can be really boring sometimes...and predictable.

    Sorry you can't handle the truth.

    NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @the-gipper said:

    Sorry you can't handle the truth.

    Sorry you can't handle instructions.

  • NeroN Nero wrote on last edited by Nero
    #12

    I wouldn't go. You have to think like a person with obsesive compulsive disorder to see how many things we touch/ we breathe into in order to realize how risky it is. Biggest problem with stadiums and sports centre? The entrance. It is a big crowded point, more so than the stands. 

    EDIT: Also, locking down the toilets or scheduling them would mean playing the "let's see how many bladders explode today" game. 

  • C calfoxwc wrote on last edited by
    #13

    I would go, for about the last quarter, vs the squealers. In a bee suit, wearing a mask, but they would have to add about 15.000 porta-potties, each would be sprayed professionally after each use.

    and free rootbeer and hamburgers.

    Maybe.

  • nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Why when I can watch it on a big screen in the comfort of home?.. Nupe!!

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #15

    If Still in the Cleveland area yes I would go to some games.  
     

  • @the-gipper said:

    Sorry you can't handle the truth.

    I'm sorry. I don't play these games. Know that I won't be reading any more of your posts.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @barry said:

    I'm sorry. I don't play these games. Know that I won't be reading any more of your posts.

    Sorry that the truth turns you into a child having a tantrum. 

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #17

    Got my drink and ready to tailgate trumpy stlye.?

    Lysol Clean and Fresh MultiSurface Cleaner, Sparkling Lemon and Sunflower Essence, 144 oz Bottle - Part Number: 8302-00113
  • @the-gipper said:

    Sorry you can't handle the truth.

    Sorry you can't handle instructions.

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #18

    @nero said:

    Sorry you can't handle instructions.

    But, I did follow the instructions.  Quite strictly.    He said to assume that things with the Corona virus are the same in September as they are now.  And my answer reflected that assumption specifically.   If things stay as they are now, there would either be no games or games with no fans.  

    You know who else followed his instruction specifically?  The NFL, that is who.....with the way they are going to put forth their schedule. They are front loading it with the games that they think it would be most palatable to cancel ...which is just what they would do if things with the virus are as they are now. 

  • BarryB Barry wrote on last edited by
    #19

    Interesting results so far. About 2/3 wouldn't go and 1/3 would, if it's status quo in September. I would imagine that the league would have several areas of concern they'd have to consider in order to have games. 1) Level of interests by fans to attend. If, for example, 2/3 of season ticket holders don't attend, how could teams legally fill those seats? A waiver would have to be signed. If you were a season ticket holder would you sign one? I don't think many would without some form of payment.

    Second, the NFL would have to have fans and players sign a non-liability statement which would make it impossible for anyone to sue the NFL for damages if/when someone was to get sick and/or die.

    Third, if a few people did die what kind of PR hit would the NFL take?

    Things will change between now and then. Will be interesting to see what happens. Any thoughts about it?

  • Interesting results so far. About 2/3 wouldn't go and 1/3 would, if it's status quo in September. I would imagine that the league would have several areas of concern they'd have to consider in order to have games. 1) Level of interests by fans to attend. If, for example, 2/3 of season ticket holders don't attend, how could teams legally fill those seats? A waiver would have to be signed. If you were a season ticket holder would you sign one? I don't think many would without some form of payment.

    Second, the NFL would have to have fans and players sign a non-liability statement which would make it impossible for anyone to sue the NFL for damages if/when someone was to get sick and/or die.

    Third, if a few people did die what kind of PR hit would the NFL take?

    Things will change between now and then. Will be interesting to see what happens. Any thoughts about it?

    The GipperT The Gipper wrote on last edited by The Gipper
    #20

    @barry said:

    Interesting results so far. About 2/3 wouldn't go and 1/3 would, if it's status quo in September. I would imagine that the league would have several areas of concern they'd have to consider in order to have games. 1) Level of interests by fans to attend. If, for example, 2/3 of season ticket holders don't attend, how could teams legally fill those seats? A waiver would have to be signed. If you were a season ticket holder would you sign one? I don't think many would without some form of payment.

    Second, the NFL would have to have fans and players sign a non-liability statement which would make it impossible for anyone to sue the NFL for damages if/when someone was to get sick and/or die.

    Third, if a few people did die what kind of PR hit would the NFL take?

    Like I said, there would be either no games, or no games with fans.  You just proved my point by asking about all these contingencies.  They would never take the risk of all this. 

    Things will change between now and then. Will be interesting to see what happens. Any thoughts about it?

    And now you finally get it that thing will HAVE to change between now and then. 

    But to answer your question:  my thoughts are that I would need to know how significantly better things have gotten before deciding to go to a game.........and beyond that,   I probably would not go unless it were to go to a road game in association with a Browns Board away tailgate, because I have learned that  under normal circumstances  I generally do NOT like the  in stadium game experience anyway the way the NFL runs things