The Young and the Clueless
-
Aloysius said:
The funny thing is that Cris Collinsworth said he loved what he saw of Henry at Arizona. The guy had maybe two, three good games in college?He had a great game against Oregon and was a combine freak. All of the coaches down here wanted him to move to LB, but he resisted the change and since they were low on RB's they allowed him to stay there.
He could have been a pretty damn good LB too at the collegiate level, he was just a little delusional and thoguht he could be a great RB.
-
Barkley is their golden-child though. Has been since he commited.
I've heard that Corp may consider transferring if he can't get his job back.
-
-
Aloysius said:
Lane Kiffin recruited him to SC. I'm sure he'd be willing to commit another violation or two to get him in Knoxville.How soon would he have to transfer to be able to play in 2010?
The NCAA rule is that a transfer from a four-year school to another four-year school is required to sit out a full academic year unless they qualify for an exception. Conferences and individual schools can have their own more restrictive transfer rules--like the WCHA has--and it gets more complicated if a NLI was signed.
Essentially, Corp would have to sit out a full academic year. I believe that if he transfers now, he can play next year, but I am not 100% sure because the school year has started. However, if he waits until the end of the season, he won't be able to play until 2011.
-
Corp staying
Carroll's decision to start freshman Matt Barkley at quarterback, and the prospect of Barkley's holding the position for the next three years, will not cause Aaron Corp to transfer.
"I'm staying," Corp said. "No question. I'm staying."
Corp, a third-year sophomore, was No. 1 on the depth chart before he suffered a broken left fibula. He said he remained comfortable at USC and would continue to compete for playing time.
"Historically, guys who transferred, I think Troy Aikman is like the only guy that it's worked out for," Corp said.
Aikman transferred from Oklahoma to UCLA and was the top pick in the 1989 NFL draft.
Well, it seemed to work out okay for Joe Flacco. And I'm sure Jevan Snead's happy he isn't still sitting behind Colt McCoy.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login