Skip to content

Coincidence Baker improved after OBJ left the game?

The Browns Board
22 9 475 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Agree... it's the star WR conundrum for his QB, OC and HC.

    Good to see another who recognizes that we just lost our #1 WR and what that means.

    Congrats on your narrow Nashville escape... if that FG was 10 feet to its left, then I don't think there'd be any undefeated, NFL teams today.

    Good luck this week keeping the corks in the '72 Fins' champagne bottles... I think you're going to need it.

    The titans were dominated in the first half and got lucky ball bounces in the second.  It's the nature of NFL football.  If he kicked that field goal the game is tied and then it's anyone's ball game.  The fact of the matter is, those are sometimes games the Steelers lose and they didn't and that is a testament to the team.  I could say if Ray Ray Mcloud only cut right instead of left he would have returned that punt for a touchdown.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  6-0

    and yes OBJ is a massive loss to the browns, anyone suggesting otherwise isn't thinking clearly.  Fantasy football has ruined a lot of people on football evaluation. 

    EDIT: you thought the steelers were going to need it against Tenn and they were throttled in the first half.  The only reason they didn't stay throttled can be attributed to crazy ball bounces. Now heading to Baltimore who is 31st or 32nd in passing and 1st in rushing.  We aren't a good match up for the Ravens just as we weren't a good match up for the titans despite the late game theatrics.  Don't make me start calling you gipper zero.

    @vagitron said:

    The titans were dominated in the first half and got lucky ball bounces in the second.  It's the nature of NFL football.  If he kicked that field goal the game is tied and then it's anyone's ball game.  The fact of the matter is, those are sometimes games the Steelers lose and they didn't and that is a testament to the team.  I could say if Ray Ray Mcloud only cut right instead of left he would have returned that punt for a touchdown.  Woulda, coulda, shoulda.  6-0

    and yes OBJ is a massive loss to the browns, anyone suggesting otherwise isn't thinking clearly.  Fantasy football has ruined a lot of people on football evaluation. 

    EDIT: you thought the steelers were going to need it against Tenn and they were throttled in the first half.  The only reason they didn't stay throttled can be attributed to crazy ball bounces. Now heading to Baltimore who is 31st or 32nd in passing and 1st in rushing.  We aren't a good match up for the Ravens just as we weren't a good match up for the titans despite the late game theatrics.  Don't make me start calling you gipper zero.

    Call me what you like, Homer.... "Lucky bounces"???

    Excepting TN's 2nd-Qtr, 12-play TD-drive, a rather sizeable exception, yes, you dominated early... to a degree I did not think you would... but then you did not.

    TN's 2nd half may have been a couple clicks short of "dominant", but they were the only candidate for that adjective. You had one drive... and it ended in an endzone INT. TN then drove 67 yards to set up the game-losing miss.

    TN had the momentum to win in OT had the kick been 10 feet to the left. That was obvious.

    Like I said... you finally played someone and came away with a road win. Not trying to minimize that... but not ready to hand you the AFCN crown quite yet...

    ... and neither are the Ravens. 😉

    I only wish they'd moved the game to the late afternoon slot so I could watch it live. Ought to be a war...

    Maybe I'll get lucky and we'll make the Sunday Ticket 4-game mix channel as we both did this past Sunday.

  • Baker Mayfield finds it ‘completely insensitive’ for anyone to suggest he’s better off without Odell Beckham Jr.

    Updated 1:50 PM; Today 12:18 PM By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield refused to entertain the notion that he’s better off without Odell Beckham Jr., who suffered a season-ending torn ACL during Sunday’s 37-34 victory over the Bengals.

    "One, I think it’s just completely insensitive to a guy who just tore his ACL,'' he said. "So I’m not even going to comment on it. You never want to lose guys. That’s where I’m going to leave that one.''

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/10/baker-mayfield-finds-it-completely-insensitive-for-anyone-to-suggest-hes-better-off-without-odell-beckham-jr.html

     
     

    @tour2ma said:

    Baker Mayfield finds it ‘completely insensitive’ for anyone to suggest he’s better off without Odell Beckham Jr.

    Updated 1:50 PM; Today 12:18 PM By Mary Kay Cabot, cleveland.com

    CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield refused to entertain the notion that he’s better off without Odell Beckham Jr., who suffered a season-ending torn ACL during Sunday’s 37-34 victory over the Bengals.

    "One, I think it’s just completely insensitive to a guy who just tore his ACL,'' he said. "So I’m not even going to comment on it. You never want to lose guys. That’s where I’m going to leave that one.''

    https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/10/baker-mayfield-finds-it-completely-insensitive-for-anyone-to-suggest-hes-better-off-without-odell-beckham-jr.html

     
     

    ION.jpg