Skip to content

Week 12: CLE @ JAX... On the road again... We're getting on the road again...

The Browns Board
27 9 608 1
  • @tour2ma said:

    Mike Glennon, a/k/a Icabod Crane, named Jags starter...

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jaguars-name-mike-glennon-starting-quarterback-vs-browns-pass-on-jake-luton-and-gardner-minshew/

    One thing we know about Mike... pressure him and he'll fold like a cheap suit (maybe the weirdest idiom there is).

    I'm laughing now...

    ... hope I am Sunday as well.

    I prefer fold like an accordion... 

    @hoorta said:

    I prefer fold like an accordion... 

    Fold like you are holding deuces and treys?

  • Oh God not that ferocious Jacksonville November Wind.......worse that that Oakland Autumn Wind........

    The Autumn Wind is a pirate
    Blustering in from sea,
    With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
    Swaggering boisterously.
    His face is weather beaten.
    He wears a hooded sash,
    With a silver hat about his head,
    And a bristling black mustache.

    He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.

    The Autumn Wind is a raider,
    Pillaging just for fun.
    He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
    And laugh when he's conquered and won.

    weather.PNG.116d176c11bfca8cc862db3224e62cf9.PNG

    @mjp28 said:

    Oh God not that ferocious Jacksonville November Wind.......worse that that Oakland Autumn Wind........

    The Autumn Wind is a pirate
    Blustering in from sea,
    With a rollicking song, he sweeps along,
    Swaggering boisterously.
    His face is weather beaten.
    He wears a hooded sash,
    With a silver hat about his head,
    And a bristling black mustache.

    He growls as he storms the country,
    A villain big and bold.
    And the trees all shake and quiver and quake,
    As he robs them of their gold.

    The Autumn Wind is a raider,
    Pillaging just for fun.
    He'll knock you 'round and upside down,
    And laugh when he's conquered and won.

    weather.PNG.116d176c11bfca8cc862db3224e62cf9.PNG

    I don't think that Jacksonville weather is what the author of that poem had in mind. 

  • @nickers said:

    I'm sure Joe Schobert will do all he can to fire his team up...

    Shouldn't it be the other way around?  Though, I guess, it was the Browns that low balled him on their contract offer, allowing the Jags to outbid them. 

    In retrospect, what a bad move.  IMO

    @the-gipper said:

    Shouldn't it be the other way around?  Though, I guess, it was the Browns that low balled him on their contract offer, allowing the Jags to outbid them. 

    In retrospect, what a bad move.  IMO

    Did I read it right that the Browns are $30,000,000 under the cap? And they quibbled over how much $ for Joe? 

  • Latest Injury Report...

    Reports have been that Minshew's broken thumb was getting close to ready last week.

    image.thumb.png.1f4281d5c3e6cb62e01788f90f113e94.png

    @tour2ma said:

    Latest Injury Report...

    Reports have been that Minshew's broken thumb was getting close to ready last week.

    image.thumb.png.1f4281d5c3e6cb62e01788f90f113e94.png

    Found this as a possible defensive equalizer...  

    Jaguars Cornerback situation vs Browns this week: 1. CJ Henderson - IR 2. Sidney Jones - Out 3. DJ Hayden - IR 4. Tre Herndon - 2018 UDFA 5. Chris Claybrooks - IR 6. Luq Barcoo - 2020 UDFA 7. Josiah Scott - 2020 4th Rd 8. Greg Mabin - 2017 UDFA
    9:20 PM · Nov 26, 2020
    Mike Clay@MikeClayNFL
    Jaguars Cornerback situation vs Browns this week:
    1. CJ Henderson - IR
    2. Sidney Jones - Out
    3. DJ Hayden - IR
    4. Tre Herndon - 2018 UDFA
    5. Chris Claybrooks - IR
    6. Luq Barcoo - 2020 UDFA
    7. Josiah Scott - 2020 4th Rd
    8. Greg Mabin - 2017 UDFA
     
  • Friday's Practice Reports...

    While our list is long, it ends with mostly "FPs".

    image.thumb.png.458ce728f62892f2ceb056d893f51ec3.png

    Pretty much the same story in JAX...

    image.thumb.png.15af9d1821454f1f3bed3c84c3a2a05e.png

  • Nor much added by the Injury Reports.

    image.thumb.png.26a30ed95d401bf16d04d8c03c7f449a.png

    image.thumb.png.ed3d41cde1e4bd8c59b9ef34965844e5.png

  • Final Injury Report updates... no changes other than the reporting date... which did not change for Teller so good news I think.

    image.thumb.png.fb8a426369ba3ce7c2317c64557ccaeb.png

    image.thumb.png.6145750880f73d4a8c632e0381d6a49b.png