Skip to content

Mason Rudolph named starting QB on Sunday

The Browns Board
42 17 1.3k 1
  • @vambo said:

    Steelers vs Browns injury update: Several Steelers miss Wednesday practice

    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2020/12/30/steelers-browns-practice-injury-report-nfl/

    The Pittsburgh Steelers got back to work on Wednesday in preparation for their Sunday showdown with the Cleveland Browns and several key Steelers were unable to practice.

    QB Ben Roethlisberger (Non-injury related) DNP

    LB Marcus Allen (Stinger) FP

    K Chris Boswell (Groin) FP

    S Terrell Edmunds (Shoulder) DNP

    C Maurkice Pouncey (Non-injury related) DNP

    G David DeCastro (Non-injury related) DNP

    LB T.J. Watt (Non-injury related) DNP

    DE Stephon Tuitt (Back) DNP

    LB Ola Adeniyi (Shoulder) FP

    DE Tyson Alualu (Ankle) DNP

    DT Cam Heyward (Non-injury related) DNP

    The Steelers have already said Roethlisberger won’t play this weekend. Head coach Mike Tomlin also hinted depending on availability, there could be other starters who will rest this weekend. Pittsburgh has secured the AFC North and can do no worse than the No. 3 seed in the playoffs.

    Hmmm...non injury related not practicing.

    if those are the guys- wow- I don’t know if I could hand pick them any better.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Hmmm...non injury related not practicing.

    if those are the guys- wow- I don’t know if I could hand pick them any better.

    A lot of those Steeler non injury related DNPs are most likely the same as what we saw with Joe Thomas at the end of his career. You give those guys an extra day of rest to heal up. 

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Hmmm...non injury related not practicing.

    if those are the guys- wow- I don’t know if I could hand pick them any better.

    A lot of those Steeler non injury related DNPs are most likely the same as what we saw with Joe Thomas at the end of his career. You give those guys an extra day of rest to heal up. 

    @hoorta said:

    A lot of those Steeler non injury related DNPs are most likely the same as what we saw with Joe Thomas at the end of his career. You give those guys an extra day of rest to heal up. 

    Yup... Stef's been doing the same thing with Bito and Conklin this season.

    Still it could be a clue to some of the folks he is going to sit Sunday. He simply can't risk injury to Watt and Heyward... although Heyward was "FP" today.