Skip to content

JJ Watt to Cardinals

The Browns Board
262 40 10.0k 1
  • @orion said:

    I was kinda' hoping we'd get him.  Just because we've got no real replacement for Vernon.  But, the numbers have to line up.  I guess you just can't have a Fearsome Foursome...or Purple People Eaters anymore.  They cost too many NFL credits.  

    Still doable... SF is an example of that. But you have to "invest" draft capital and then decide who you are going to keep long term.

    Draft.... rinse... repeat... 😉

    The beauty is that those you let walk bring Compensatory picks your way.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    Still doable... SF is an example of that. But you have to "invest" draft capital and then decide who you are going to keep long term.

    Draft.... rinse... repeat... 😉

    The beauty is that those you let walk bring Compensatory picks your way.

    You could argue our most important players are the draft picks we pick in the next two-three years.  We need to draft productive talent and have them on rookie deals.
     

    Our Cap will be Myles+Baker+Discounts+ring chasers

  • @gumby73 said:

    New TV revenue deal's adds to teams cap.. Cap should only go up in 22 from 2021?

    This....

    2021's shrinking cap is going to be an anomaly. I would not be surprised if its jump from '21 to '22 is huge... coming close to rising as if '21 was a year with a normal increase.

    This would put the 2022 Cap somewhere in the high $2-teen-millions.

    image.png.67978ab514c1f0853cd40ffb779fdef8.png

    image.png.906119e5ed16e011c7d81f6c8509e280.png Data from: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1011083/nfl-salary-cap/

    Gunz41G Gunz41 wrote on last edited by

    @tour2ma said:

    This....

    2021's shrinking cap is going to be an anomaly. I would not be surprised if its jump from '21 to '22 is huge... coming close to rising as if '21 was a year with a normal increase.

    This would put the 2022 Cap somewhere in the high $2-teen-millions.

    image.png.67978ab514c1f0853cd40ffb779fdef8.png

    image.png.906119e5ed16e011c7d81f6c8509e280.png Data from: https://www.statista.com/statistics/1011083/nfl-salary-cap/

    From my understanding (I know others on here know it better than I) is that the cap the next couple years will be altered by whatever the cap ends up at this year to offset the lower revenue from last year.

    Just picking numbers out of the sky, but say the cap is 180 this year, and should be 220 next year. If the revenue/offset from last year was at 160, then over the course of next couple years they will make up that 20 million. So instead of the 220 next year and year after, they would be 210.

    Just what I read or saw.