Top 5 Favorite Players of All Time
-
Since I been ignoring this ill run place and just stopped by in my monthly tribute of my history, I found this thread exihilerating. That is a hard question to top five players ever. Since I stuck with with side of the ball that wins Championships here it goes
1. Jim Brown...........absolutely amazing right to end.......he was MVP the year he quit
2. Joe Montana........Joe Cool was the best clutch performer ever in football
3. Otto Graham........all he ever did was play in 11 championship games in 11 years.............need more I think not
4. Terry Bradshaw......say what you will every time the Super Steelers Steel Curtain needed a play he delivered.....four bowls the benchmark
5. John Elway...........won two bowls and lost two bowls............and yes made plays all day long every day
honorable mention
Johnny Unitas
Barry Sanders.......this guy is special
Sonny Jurgensen .......the greatest pure passer ever
Gale Sayers.........could have been even better than Brown if not a career ending injury
see yah all in a few months...........
-
Working only with players I've seen:
1. Bernie. Gave hope to all of us non-athletic types out there.
2. Eric Metcalf--His two-punt return TDs against the Steelers is still my favorite performance of all time.
3. Jerry Rice--Second best player in NFL history, and the only one in the same zip code as Jim Brown.
4. Derrick Thomas--The first non-Brown I ever followed with any real interest.
5. Tony Jones--A heck of a lineman, I'll always remember him running into the Dawg Pound to embrace the fans at the end of the last game at the Muni.
Dennis
Honorable mention to Steve Everitt for wearing his Browns bandana even after The Move.
-
Since I been ignoring this ill run place and just stopped by in my monthly tribute of my history, I found this thread exihilerating. That is a hard question to top five players ever. Since I stuck with with side of the ball that wins Championships here it goes
1. Jim Brown...........absolutely amazing right to end.......he was MVP the year he quit
2. Joe Montana........Joe Cool was the best clutch performer ever in football
3. Otto Graham........all he ever did was play in 11 championship games in 11 years.............need more I think not
4. Terry Bradshaw......say what you will every time the Super Steelers Steel Curtain needed a play he delivered.....four bowls the benchmark
5. John Elway...........won two bowls and lost two bowls............and yes made plays all day long every day
honorable mention
Johnny Unitas
Barry Sanders.......this guy is special
Sonny Jurgensen .......the greatest pure passer ever
Gale Sayers.........could have been even better than Brown if not a career ending injury
see yah all in a few months...........
Since I been ignoring this ill run place and just stopped by in my monthly tribute of my history, I found this thread exihilerating. That is a hard question to top five players ever. Since I stuck with with side of the ball that wins Championships here it goes
1. Jim Brown...........absolutely amazing right to end.......he was MVP the year he quit
2. Joe Montana........Joe Cool was the best clutch performer ever in football
3. Otto Graham........all he ever did was play in 11 championship games in 11 years.............need more I think not
4. Terry Bradshaw......say what you will every time the Super Steelers Steel Curtain needed a play he delivered.....four bowls the benchmark
5. John Elway...........won two bowls and lost two bowls............and yes made plays all day long every day
honorable mention
Johnny Unitas
Barry Sanders.......this guy is special
Sonny Jurgensen .......the greatest pure passer ever
Gale Sayers.........could have been even better than Brown if not a career ending injury
see yah all in a few months...........
Welcome back Rich ole friend!
-
Since I been ignoring this ill run place and just stopped by in my monthly tribute of my history, I found this thread exihilerating. That is a hard question to top five players ever. Since I stuck with with side of the ball that wins Championships here it goes
1. Jim Brown...........absolutely amazing right to end.......he was MVP the year he quit
2. Joe Montana........Joe Cool was the best clutch performer ever in football
3. Otto Graham........all he ever did was play in 11 championship games in 11 years.............need more I think not
4. Terry Bradshaw......say what you will every time the Super Steelers Steel Curtain needed a play he delivered.....four bowls the benchmark
5. John Elway...........won two bowls and lost two bowls............and yes made plays all day long every day
honorable mention
Johnny Unitas
Barry Sanders.......this guy is special
Sonny Jurgensen .......the greatest pure passer ever
Gale Sayers.........could have been even better than Brown if not a career ending injury
see yah all in a few months...........
Since I been ignoring this ill run place and just stopped by in my monthly tribute of my history, I found this thread exihilerating. That is a hard question to top five players ever. Since I stuck with with side of the ball that wins Championships here it goes
1. Jim Brown...........absolutely amazing right to end.......he was MVP the year he quit
2. Joe Montana........Joe Cool was the best clutch performer ever in football
3. Otto Graham........all he ever did was play in 11 championship games in 11 years.............need more I think not
4. Terry Bradshaw......say what you will every time the Super Steelers Steel Curtain needed a play he delivered.....four bowls the benchmark
5. John Elway...........won two bowls and lost two bowls............and yes made plays all day long every day
honorable mention
Johnny Unitas
Barry Sanders.......this guy is special
Sonny Jurgensen .......the greatest pure passer ever
Gale Sayers.........could have been even better than Brown if not a career ending injury
see yah all in a few months...........
Just out of curiosity, what are your "issues" with this place? Or, are your issues with the Browns?
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login