Skip to content

Where do we open 2021 season

The Browns Board
28 11 897 1
  • @texasag1969 said:

    How many Hillbillys you know that knew from before age 10 that the theme to The Lone Ranger TV show really came from Rosinni's William Tell Overture? ?

    I was raised on classical music instead of popular music. But unlike yourself can't play a lick. I saw your interests up there. All fooling around aside, I do admire that composingand arranging you do. Hope it pays you well. My kids think it's funny that I don't want a funeral "service" per se,  just want Beethoven's 4th movement (Ode to Joy) of the 9th Symphony played as an Adios parting gift to them all. Greatest piece ever created and not bad for a stone deaf guy.

    And you should put some of your music up in the Barber Shop like Westside Steve does from time to time. I enjoy listening to it quite a bit.

    I'm sure someone will quote me so you can read what I said.?

    Alright... I'll play nice... I just like to give people a hard time... Theres some vids of me noodling and a couple of quick covers I did with jam tracks I found and a couple of original pieces I wrote on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/nicaroni65/

    Sadly I'm not getting paid anything due to the fact I don't drive and can't get anywhere because I have crap eye sight . One being I had a cataract when I was a toddler and I'm legally blind in my left eye.. Secondly I'm profoundly hard of hearing.. I'm also in the early stages of Macular eye disease and the bevy of meds I'm on blurs my general vision.. I love classical music myself... I'm a HUGE Rachmaninoff fan. Check out Leonard Bernstein Great Performances  of Rachmaninoff with Gary Graffman on piano.. It's brilliant...  Secondly.. I'm just busting your balls with the hillbilly stuff... one of my best friends growing up , his family was from Tennessee.. His mother made the best biscuits and gravy this side of the mason-dixon line.. I havent had anything close to it since I was a kid... Have a cool day...

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #21

    @nickers said:

    Alright... I'll play nice... I just like to give people a hard time... Theres some vids of me noodling and a couple of quick covers I did with jam tracks I found and a couple of original pieces I wrote on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/nicaroni65/

    Sadly I'm not getting paid anything due to the fact I don't drive and can't get anywhere because I have crap eye sight . One being I had a cataract when I was a toddler and I'm legally blind in my left eye.. Secondly I'm profoundly hard of hearing.. I'm also in the early stages of Macular eye disease and the bevy of meds I'm on blurs my general vision.. I love classical music myself... I'm a HUGE Rachmaninoff fan. Check out Leonard Bernstein Great Performances  of Rachmaninoff with Gary Graffman on piano.. It's brilliant...  Secondly.. I'm just busting your balls with the hillbilly stuff... one of my best friends growing up , his family was from Tennessee.. His mother made the best biscuits and gravy this side of the mason-dixon line.. I havent had anything close to it since I was a kid... Have a cool day...

    I knew that and it describes me too (see 1st highlighted part). Just playing along for grins. ?

    My greatest concert I attended with front row seats was to hear Christopher Parkening with his classical guitar in a concert hall. There were times when I swear he had an accompanying guitarist, but he was doing it solo all the way. Truly amazing.

    Here is a quick example.  Enjoy.

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    Nickers-You were right. I especially loved the 2nd movement (adagio sostenuto) of Piano Concerto #2. I hadn't listened to that for a number of years.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    How many Hillbillys you know that knew from before age 10 that the theme to The Lone Ranger TV show really came from Rosinni's William Tell Overture? ?

    I was raised on classical music instead of popular music. But unlike yourself can't play a lick. I saw your interests up there. All fooling around aside, I do admire that composingand arranging you do. Hope it pays you well. My kids think it's funny that I don't want a funeral "service" per se,  just want Beethoven's 4th movement (Ode to Joy) of the 9th Symphony played as an Adios parting gift to them all. Greatest piece ever created and not bad for a stone deaf guy.

    And you should put some of your music up in the Barber Shop like Westside Steve does from time to time. I enjoy listening to it quite a bit.

    I'm sure someone will quote me so you can read what I said.?

    Alright... I'll play nice... I just like to give people a hard time... Theres some vids of me noodling and a couple of quick covers I did with jam tracks I found and a couple of original pieces I wrote on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/nicaroni65/

    Sadly I'm not getting paid anything due to the fact I don't drive and can't get anywhere because I have crap eye sight . One being I had a cataract when I was a toddler and I'm legally blind in my left eye.. Secondly I'm profoundly hard of hearing.. I'm also in the early stages of Macular eye disease and the bevy of meds I'm on blurs my general vision.. I love classical music myself... I'm a HUGE Rachmaninoff fan. Check out Leonard Bernstein Great Performances  of Rachmaninoff with Gary Graffman on piano.. It's brilliant...  Secondly.. I'm just busting your balls with the hillbilly stuff... one of my best friends growing up , his family was from Tennessee.. His mother made the best biscuits and gravy this side of the mason-dixon line.. I havent had anything close to it since I was a kid... Have a cool day...

    alporciniA alporcini wrote on last edited by
    #23

    @nickers said:

    Alright... I'll play nice... I just like to give people a hard time... Theres some vids of me noodling and a couple of quick covers I did with jam tracks I found and a couple of original pieces I wrote on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/nicaroni65/

    Sadly I'm not getting paid anything due to the fact I don't drive and can't get anywhere because I have crap eye sight . One being I had a cataract when I was a toddler and I'm legally blind in my left eye.. Secondly I'm profoundly hard of hearing.. I'm also in the early stages of Macular eye disease and the bevy of meds I'm on blurs my general vision.. I love classical music myself... I'm a HUGE Rachmaninoff fan. Check out Leonard Bernstein Great Performances  of Rachmaninoff with Gary Graffman on piano.. It's brilliant...  Secondly.. I'm just busting your balls with the hillbilly stuff... one of my best friends growing up , his family was from Tennessee.. His mother made the best biscuits and gravy this side of the mason-dixon line.. I havent had anything close to it since I was a kid... Have a cool day...

    Damn man. You got some major frickin’ chops. Impressive indeed. 

  • @nickers said:

    Alright... I'll play nice... I just like to give people a hard time... Theres some vids of me noodling and a couple of quick covers I did with jam tracks I found and a couple of original pieces I wrote on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/nicaroni65/

    Sadly I'm not getting paid anything due to the fact I don't drive and can't get anywhere because I have crap eye sight . One being I had a cataract when I was a toddler and I'm legally blind in my left eye.. Secondly I'm profoundly hard of hearing.. I'm also in the early stages of Macular eye disease and the bevy of meds I'm on blurs my general vision.. I love classical music myself... I'm a HUGE Rachmaninoff fan. Check out Leonard Bernstein Great Performances  of Rachmaninoff with Gary Graffman on piano.. It's brilliant...  Secondly.. I'm just busting your balls with the hillbilly stuff... one of my best friends growing up , his family was from Tennessee.. His mother made the best biscuits and gravy this side of the mason-dixon line.. I havent had anything close to it since I was a kid... Have a cool day...

    Damn man. You got some major frickin’ chops. Impressive indeed. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @alporcini said:

    Damn man. You got some major frickin’ chops. Impressive indeed. 

    Thank you , Signore!

  • Nickers-You were right. I especially loved the 2nd movement (adagio sostenuto) of Piano Concerto #2. I hadn't listened to that for a number of years.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @texasag1969 said:

    Nickers-You were right. I especially loved the 2nd movement (adagio sostenuto) of Piano Concerto #2. I hadn't listened to that for a number of years.

    Ive known about parkening since the 80's... I love John Williams and Jorge Morel as well..

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Nickers-You were right. I especially loved the 2nd movement (adagio sostenuto) of Piano Concerto #2. I hadn't listened to that for a number of years.

    Ive known about parkening since the 80's... I love John Williams and Jorge Morel as well..

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by TexasAg1969
    #26

    @nickers said:

    Ive known about parkening since the 80's... I love John Williams and Jorge Morel as well..

    This was a concert my wife and I went to while in grad school at A&M around 1972-73 a year or so after I returned from Vietnam. It was one of those programs you sign up for for the year as a student there, so we went knowing nothing about him. But came away impressed to say the least. I'll send you a PM on my music "career". You'll laugh.?

  • @nickers said:

    Ive known about parkening since the 80's... I love John Williams and Jorge Morel as well..

    This was a concert my wife and I went to while in grad school at A&M around 1972-73 a year or so after I returned from Vietnam. It was one of those programs you sign up for for the year as a student there, so we went knowing nothing about him. But came away impressed to say the least. I'll send you a PM on my music "career". You'll laugh.?

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @texasag1969 said:

    This was a concert my wife and I went to while in grad school at A&M around 1972-73 a year or so after I returned from Vietnam. It was one of those programs you sign up for for the year as a student there, so we went knowing nothing about him. But came away impressed to say the least. I'll send you a PM on my music "career". You'll laugh.?

    OK!.. The highlight of my humble career was getting to open up for Billy Squire , Bad Co and Styx!.. And winning a couple of rounds in the battle of the bands...

  • @texasag1969 said:

    This was a concert my wife and I went to while in grad school at A&M around 1972-73 a year or so after I returned from Vietnam. It was one of those programs you sign up for for the year as a student there, so we went knowing nothing about him. But came away impressed to say the least. I'll send you a PM on my music "career". You'll laugh.?

    OK!.. The highlight of my humble career was getting to open up for Billy Squire , Bad Co and Styx!.. And winning a couple of rounds in the battle of the bands...

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #28

    @nickers said:

    OK!.. The highlight of my humble career was getting to open up for Billy Squire , Bad Co and Styx!.. And winning a couple of rounds in the battle of the bands...

    And here's you trophy ? maybe a bit late.  Still pretty cool !