Cribbs and Contract talks
-
Since I'm lazy and this is essentially a duplicate thread.. I will cut and paste my reply from the duplicate thread...
Sorry but cribbs is not the next Jerry Rice.. He's not even the next Brian Brennan.. He is barely learning the reciever spot..he still runs lousy routes.. he's a great kick returner.. Let him prove he can be a reciever and THEN pay him... I think it's a bad precedent to set if we redo a contract that was just redone a year ago.. I am not yet convinced he will be a good receiver.. I he kicks butt at reciever this year 50-65 catches 700 yards and 5-7 td's.. you can make it up to him in bonus money when you redo the next contract.. If he catches 35 balls for 350 yards and 3 scores.. then what he has now is just fine.
SHUT UP AND PLAY... the money will come
-
Since I'm lazy and this is essentially a duplicate thread.. I will cut and paste my reply from the duplicate thread...
Sorry but cribbs is not the next Jerry Rice.. He's not even the next Brian Brennan.. He is barely learning the reciever spot..he still runs lousy routes.. he's a great kick returner.. Let him prove he can be a reciever and THEN pay him... I think it's a bad precedent to set if we redo a contract that was just redone a year ago.. I am not yet convinced he will be a good receiver.. I he kicks butt at reciever this year 50-65 catches 700 yards and 5-7 td's.. you can make it up to him in bonus money when you redo the next contract.. If he catches 35 balls for 350 yards and 3 scores.. then what he has now is just fine.
SHUT UP AND PLAY... the money will come
Since I'm lazy and this is essentially a duplicate thread.. I will cut and paste my reply from the duplicate thread...
If he catches 35 balls for 350 yards and 3 scores.. then what he has now is just fine.
SHUT UP AND PLAY... the money will come
So if he puts up Stallworth like numbers, he'll have to wait to make Stallworth like money?
-
Since I'm lazy and this is essentially a duplicate thread.. I will cut and paste my reply from the duplicate thread...
If he catches 35 balls for 350 yards and 3 scores.. then what he has now is just fine.
SHUT UP AND PLAY... the money will come
So if he puts up Stallworth like numbers, he'll have to wait to make Stallworth like money?
So if he puts up Stallworth like numbers, he'll have to wait to make Stallworth like money?
Last year what Stallworth did (worst year of his career/injured) still exceeds Cribbs ENTIRE career stats.
You don't throw money at a guy with 16 catches over 3 years. Stallworth had 289 career catches before last years disaster. Donte was paid on proven prior performance...
Cribbs has a lot to prove IMO before you throw money at him.. He just signed a contract..
Oh, he has FIVE whole catches this preseason.. YEAH your right he deserves a raise.. 5 catches in 3 games WOW!!!!
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login