Skip to content

Texas A&M and NIL

College Football Forum
25 5 1.4k
  • @mld-woody said:

    $trong tie$ indeed. Let'$ hope that Texa$ ATM can do $omething with the cla$$ their boo$ter$ bought. No one like$ a bad inve$tment. 

    Actually it was his interaction with the early enrolling DL Lucas from Arizona that sold him most. They spent a lot of time together on the deciding visit discussing the various roles they would play on the team which is a constant substitution of DLs throughout the game to maintain fresh legs with multiple layers of 5***** DLs. That and a several year relationship with one 0f the D coaches. If they had so much $$$$ then how was LSU able to buy out the best LB in the country who had committed to A&M on national TV at the UA AA game?

    @texasag1969 said:

    Actually it was his interaction with the early enrolling DL Lucas from Arizona that sold him most. They spent a lot of time together on the deciding visit discussing the various roles they would play on the team which is a constant substitution of DLs throughout the game to maintain fresh legs with multiple layers of 5***** DLs. That and a several year relationship with one 0f the D coaches. If they had so much $$$$ then how was LSU able to buy out the best LB in the country who had committed to A&M on national TV at the UA AA game?

    They can't afford everyone

    Look, I said it before, this is all legal now. The $EC antics of the past can now come out into the light with a slightly different paint job. Having a network of bagmen allowed you to hit the new, legal NIL game fast and hard. It's an advantage. And it's actually a legal one, a nice change for the $EC.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    Actually it was his interaction with the early enrolling DL Lucas from Arizona that sold him most. They spent a lot of time together on the deciding visit discussing the various roles they would play on the team which is a constant substitution of DLs throughout the game to maintain fresh legs with multiple layers of 5***** DLs. That and a several year relationship with one 0f the D coaches. If they had so much $$$$ then how was LSU able to buy out the best LB in the country who had committed to A&M on national TV at the UA AA game?

    They can't afford everyone

    Look, I said it before, this is all legal now. The $EC antics of the past can now come out into the light with a slightly different paint job. Having a network of bagmen allowed you to hit the new, legal NIL game fast and hard. It's an advantage. And it's actually a legal one, a nice change for the $EC.

    @mld-woody said:

    They can't afford everyone

    Look, I said it before, this is all legal now. The $EC antics of the past can now come out into the light with a slightly different paint job. Having a network of bagmen allowed you to hit the new, legal NIL game fast and hard. It's an advantage. And it's actually a legal one, a nice change for the $EC.

    Fisher's latest on NIL and signing of the latest 5***** player recently. "Young man was born here. Grew up watching games. Came to my camp when he was 10, 11 years old."

  • @tiamat63 said:

    10-2.  9-3, tops. 

    For this year? I'm thinking 9-3 at best. Too much youth in both lines and unknown QB situation going into the season. But it will be a fun team to watch develop over the year. 2023 and 2024 will be the seasons to really watch in terms of NC potential.

    @texasag1969 said:

    For this year? I'm thinking 9-3 at best. Too much youth in both lines and unknown QB situation going into the season. But it will be a fun team to watch develop over the year. 2023 and 2024 will be the seasons to really watch in terms of NC potential.

    Like I said, you're not taking the Jimbo Fischer effect into account.  The guy is a notch above Larry Coker.

  • @texasag1969 said:

    For this year? I'm thinking 9-3 at best. Too much youth in both lines and unknown QB situation going into the season. But it will be a fun team to watch develop over the year. 2023 and 2024 will be the seasons to really watch in terms of NC potential.

    Like I said, you're not taking the Jimbo Fischer effect into account.  The guy is a notch above Larry Coker.

    @tiamat63 said:

    Like I said, you're not taking the Jimbo Fischer effect into account.  The guy is a notch above Larry Coker.

    A lot depends on the impact of all those new 5***** DLs rotating in for fresh legs all game. If I see them taking over most games in the 2nd half, then maybe they have a chance to be better than I think. I was impressed with the speed in the defensive secondary yesterday at the Spring Game I attended. If they get tremendous pressure from that DL all game long, then that will produce a far better turnover ratio than they have had thus far. Like I say it will be fun to watch, especially since I'm a believer in Defense wins football. I think Walter Nolen will be the monster in the middle of the DL that dictates the LOS. We shall see.

  • Best assessment yet on that recruiting class.