Skip to content

Great Moments in Uniform Design

The Browns Board
31 10 1.8k
  • D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #1

    Shockingly enough, Nike is responsible for both sides in the Oregon-Boise State affair:

    newducks_white.jpg

    2009_new_football_uniform.jpg

    Even more shockingly, Phil Knight is a UO alum, major booster, and presumably a fan of the program. And Nike still insists on dressing the Ducks in eight different hideous uniforms. Unless the players routinely demand to be dressed like morons on national television.

    Dennis

    Forget the cheerleaders thread, how about a "repulsive alternate Nike uniforms" thread? They've screwed more college football teams than the BCS at this point.

  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Now Dennis, this is a thread I'm not embarrassed to participate in.

    leak-shoulder.jpg

    army_navy_2008.jpg

  • D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #3

    Why don't I like single-color uniforms? Oh, that's right, they tend to look like some kid threw up his Flintstones chewables:

    su32_web.jpg

    Dennis

  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #4

    Harsh, bro. Harsh.

    No more Andrew Robinson for me. It's Paulustime!

    danny_green_dunking_on_greg_paulus.png

  • Now Dennis, this is a thread I'm not embarrassed to participate in.

    leak-shoulder.jpg

    army_navy_2008.jpg

    Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #5

    mz. said:

    Now Dennis, this is a thread I'm not embarrassed to participate in.

    leak-shoulder.jpg

    army_navy_2008.jpg

    I love the Army camo uniforms. I think that is a great look..

  • mz. said:

    Now Dennis, this is a thread I'm not embarrassed to participate in.

    leak-shoulder.jpg

    army_navy_2008.jpg

    I love the Army camo uniforms. I think that is a great look..

    D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #6

    @mark-o said:

    I love the Army camo uniforms. I think that is a great look..

    I kind of like them as well. Certainly they work thematically, and even though I prefer their standard unis, they aren't bad as an occasional alternative. Better than the Padres' camo uniforms, which just make them seem like poseurs to me.

    Dennis

  • Mark OM Mark O wrote on last edited by
    #7

    I have to disagree....I like the Padres camo uniforms as well. It's cool to wear on Sundays when the military is in attendance at the ballpark. It's a cool tribute in a military town.

  • L Lumspecta wrote on last edited by
    #8

    I fail to see why they're that bad...

  • ? mz. wrote on last edited by
    #9

    I guess they're OK for huntin' quail...

  • I guess they're OK for huntin' quail...

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #10

    mz. said:

    I guess they're OK for huntin' quail...

    Turkey for sure....quail don't require camo.

  • mz. said:

    I guess they're OK for huntin' quail...

    Turkey for sure....quail don't require camo.

    D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @ballpeen said:

    Turkey for sure....quail don't require camo.

    True, but camo does make it easier to sneak up on the old guy before you shoot him in the face.

    Dennis

  • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
    #12

    I wonder if the impetus of this thread was behind Blount suckerpunching that DE(Touk? Tout?) yesterday?

  • I wonder if the impetus of this thread was behind Blount suckerpunching that DE(Touk? Tout?) yesterday?

    D dencyguy wrote on last edited by
    #13

    @legacy-fan said:

    I wonder if the impetus of this thread was behind Blount suckerpunching that DE(Touk? Tout?) yesterday?

    As the guy who started the thread, it happened way before Blount's punch. I was watching the first half and going, man, this game features some horrible, horrible uniforms. I mean, it's not like Oregon is known for having great uniforms, but Phil Knight's marketing staff have turned the team into a sick joke:

    ducks_lead.jpg

    0855e217af8d9f0e5530e30231ac7f9a.png

    Considering that this is what he does to a team he likes in the interest of marketing, Oregon's uniforms might be the best pound-for-pound advertisement for communism in the history of the world.

    Dennis

  • Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
    #14

    Ha! Yeah I was curious if "the ugliest uniform" discussion came up on the field and helped initiate the fisticuffs. I'm guessing no.

    In total agreement in regards to the eye assault Knight is committing with those uni's. Diamond plating on the shoulders is a go but no chromed facemasks??? Travesty.

  • Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #15

    I personally think Oregon’s uniforms look good; there are worse looking ones than this.

    Tennessee

    Notre dame with green jersey

    USC, red and babyshit yellow... blah

    Delaware

    Michigan

    There is a team in Florida with some odd combo’s Fla. A&M or Atlantic not sure

    Boise state

  • I personally think Oregon’s uniforms look good; there are worse looking ones than this.

    Tennessee

    Notre dame with green jersey

    USC, red and babyshit yellow... blah

    Delaware

    Michigan

    There is a team in Florida with some odd combo’s Fla. A&M or Atlantic not sure

    Boise state

    Legacy FanL Legacy Fan wrote on last edited by
    #16

    @erie-dawg said:

    I personally think Oregon’s uniforms look good; there are worse looking ones than this.

    Tennessee

    Notre dame with green jersey

    USC, red and babyshit yellow... blah

    ?? 😳 ??

  • I personally think Oregon’s uniforms look good; there are worse looking ones than this.

    Tennessee

    Notre dame with green jersey

    USC, red and babyshit yellow... blah

    Delaware

    Michigan

    There is a team in Florida with some odd combo’s Fla. A&M or Atlantic not sure

    Boise state

    D dencyguy wrote on last edited by dencyguy
    #17

    @erie-dawg said:

    I personally think Oregon’s uniforms look good; there are worse looking ones than this.

    Tennessee

    Easy there...well, it's okay. Not everybody can handle the awesomeness.

    As for the Florida team--assuming you don't mean that team in Gainesville--you might be referring to Florida A&M. Pretty atrocious:

    FAMU-TSU.jpg

    Dennis

  • @erie-dawg said:

    I personally think Oregon’s uniforms look good; there are worse looking ones than this.

    Tennessee

    Easy there...well, it's okay. Not everybody can handle the awesomeness.

    As for the Florida team--assuming you don't mean that team in Gainesville--you might be referring to Florida A&M. Pretty atrocious:

    FAMU-TSU.jpg

    Dennis

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #18

    @dencyguy said:

    Easy there...well, it's okay. Not everybody can handle the awesomeness.

    Hey its all good

    @dencyguy said:

    As for the Florida team--assuming you don't mean that team in Gainesville--you might be referring to Florida A&M. Pretty atrocious:

    FAMU-TSU.jpg

    Dennid

    Yep thats it.

  • @erie-dawg said:

    I personally think Oregon’s uniforms look good; there are worse looking ones than this.

    Tennessee

    Notre dame with green jersey

    USC, red and babyshit yellow... blah

    ?? 😳 ??

    Erie DawgE Erie Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @legacy-fan said:

    ?? 😳 ??

    You gunna make it?

  • I personally think Oregon’s uniforms look good; there are worse looking ones than this.

    Tennessee

    Notre dame with green jersey

    USC, red and babyshit yellow... blah

    Delaware

    Michigan

    There is a team in Florida with some odd combo’s Fla. A&M or Atlantic not sure

    Boise state

    S SoCalDog wrote on last edited by
    #20

    @erie-dawg said:

    I personally think Oregon’s uniforms look good; there are worse looking ones than this.

    Tennessee

    Notre dame with green jersey

    USC, red and babyshit yellow... blah

    Delaware

    Michigan

    There is a team in Florida with some odd combo’s Fla. A&M or Atlantic not sure

    Boise state

    WHAT!?!?!? 😳

    You just named probably 4 (ND, SC, Tenn, Mich) of the BEST looking, classic, traditional uniforms ever. And you like the damn duck feathers!!! on the Oregon uni? LOL!!!! 😆