Skip to content

Cleveland Browns say they 'welcomed' NFL inquiry into tanking claims made by former coach Hue Jackson

Locked The Browns Board
25 13 901 1
  • @dutch-oven said:

    Did Hue bring this up again, or is this all happening because what he said (and I thought backpedaled off of) months ago?

    Nope.  He opened up his flapper yet again.

    I'm surprised that he's still at Grambling after his recent attempted hire.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @orion said:

    Nope.  He opened up his flapper yet again.

    I'm surprised that he's still at Grambling after his recent attempted hire.

    I am too.... His mouth is like a water valve that was left open.... Jesus....

  • @orion said:

    Nope.  He opened up his flapper yet again.

    I'm surprised that he's still at Grambling after his recent attempted hire.

    I am too.... His mouth is like a water valve that was left open.... Jesus....

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by Orion
    #22

    @nickers said:

    His mouth is like a water valve that was left open

    ...I think more like, on a timer....every so often it turns on.

    Yes Hue!  The Front Office was tanking.  So were you.  But they were doing it on purpose!  - Mr. Bubble Screen on first and goal from the 1 in OT against the Steelers.

  • jbluhm86J jbluhm86 wrote on last edited by jbluhm86
    #23

    Clueless Jackson went 3-36-1 when he was the Browns HC. My question is, if they were doing a tank job, then how did Greg Williams go 5-3 in the last half of the year with the same players that Hue had?

    And, if he was such a good coach that was being told to tank by the Browns, then why didn't any other NFL team offer him a HC job after the Browns let him go? Why is he not in the NFL anymore and is instead coaching the University of Phoenix Online team or some other fuckin' Division 2 team?

  • sydS syd

    @vambo said:

    Report: Hue Jackson has Landed a new Head Coaching job

    https://www.si.com/nfl/browns/news/report-hue-jackson-has-landed-a-new-head-coaching-job

    Former Browns’ head coach has landed a new job, this time in the college game.

    sucks for grambling state

    but then again this is old news

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @syd said:

    sucks for grambling state

    but then again this is old news

    Surely he can make a 4-7 team into a 2-9 one overnight, right??

    Don't they have to tank to send bad players into the portal???

  • VamboV Vambo wrote on last edited by
    #25

    NFL concludes that Hue Jackson's tanking allegations against Browns cannot be substantiated

    After an independent review, there was no evidence to suggest Cleveland incentivized losing in 2016-17

    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-concludes-that-hue-jacksons-tanking-allegations-against-browns-cannot-be-substantiated/