Cleveland Browns Considering Trade For Niners QB Jimmy Garoppolo
-
https://www.outkick.com/cleveland-browns-considering-trade-for-niners-qb-jimmy-garoppolo/
by
Alejandro Avila about 3 hours agoupdated about 3 hours ago 2 Comments
The Cleveland Browns are bracing for the fallout from quarterback Deshaun Watson’s legal saga.
Should the NFL opt to suspend the newly signed $230 million QB, the Browns will be left with a big question mark to lead the offense as a grimacing Baker Mayfield hopes to still get traded out of Cleveland.
As told by ESPN’s Jake Trotter, the Browns are vetting their options to sign a QB, with San Francisco 49ers’ Jimmy Garoppolo among the considerations.
The benefit of this trade scenario will be both teams unloading high-profile players looking for a new home. Once Trey Lance was made the starter in San Francisco, Garoppolo spoke with the 49ers’ front office and both sides agreed to find him a trade out of SF. The Niners would then forego saving $25 million by cutting Jimmy G, boosting them to recover some value for the quarterback via trade. Garoppolo led the team to two NFC Championship appearances between 2019-21.
Last season, Garoppolo threw for 3,810 yards, 20 touchdowns, 12 interceptions and a 68.3 completion percentage.
The Browns currently house Mayfield and Jacoby Brissett as their only potential QB starters in 2022. Baker requested a trade in March when the team added Deshaun Watson on a five-year, fully guaranteed $230 million contract. The Browns declined Mayfield’s request at the time.
Expected Browns starter Deshaun Watson is facing four remaining accounts of sexual misconduct related to private massages he booked where he harassed the women. On Tuesday, legal representation for 20 of the 24 plaintiffs announced reaching a settlement with Watson.
The NFL stated that it is waiting to issue its discipline against Watson for the upcoming season(s) and that said decision will be made exclusive of the new settlements.
-
I'd still rather have Baker but I wouldn't mind seeing Jimmy take the Browns to the Super Bowl instead of scumbag.
WSS
-
I think we just stick with Brissett. We can win with him. He is better than bad Baker, and last year Baker was bad and we were pretty damn close to winning the division.
I also don't think Watson gets suspended all that long. Partly because he doesn't deserve a year long suspension, and because the NFL handled owner transgression poorly from a punishment stand point.
If Watson gets nailed to the cross so to speak, the NFL can bet there will be a lawsuit, and they will get creamed. Watson might be a scumbag, but the reality is being a scumbag isn't illegal.
Heck, my wife sometimes says I am a dirty old man. I disagree. I tell her even if I concede to some degree, the only thing that has changed is the "old" part.
-
I'd still rather have Baker but I wouldn't mind seeing Jimmy take the Browns to the Super Bowl instead of scumbag.
WSS
I'd still rather have Baker but I wouldn't mind seeing Jimmy take the Browns to the Super Bowl instead of scumbag.
WSS
If Baker Mayfield has said his adios to Cleveland and the BROWNS it's kind of academic now.....take Garappolo as your Game 1 starter right now.
Looks like the BROWNS are stockpiling quarterbacks now.

-
And how about this from Heavy.com. July 03, 2022. ---->
The Cleveland Browns may have fewer suitors for Baker Mayfield than many have expected over the last several months.
While the Carolina Panthers remain in the driver’s seat to acquire Mayfield with the Seattle Seahawks riding shotgun, the Detroit Lions have remained a dark horse candidate to swoop in and make a last-minute deal for the quarterback.
The primary reason for that is John Dorsey, the one-time general manager in Cleveland and now a high-ranking member of the Lions’ front office. Detroit may also soon be in the market for a new signal caller, if the team isn’t already. The Lions traded Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams last season, receiving Jared Goff as part of the return. Stafford went on to win a championship in Southern California, while Goff’s arm was colder than the weather in Detroit where he led his teammates to a 3-10-1 record across 14 starts. --------> continued --------->
-
I guess they're considering a lot of different options depending on what kind of a sentence comes down. If the nflpa coerces the league to let Watson off the hook or with only six or eight games I think the pr nightmare will be excruciating. Not so much if he gets a whole season. In which case offering that Olive Branch to Mayfield would probably be the best situation.
Still both sides would have to check their ego at the door and Hope the rest of the team is able to focus on the goal.
WSS
-
And how about this from Heavy.com. July 03, 2022. ---->
The Cleveland Browns may have fewer suitors for Baker Mayfield than many have expected over the last several months.
While the Carolina Panthers remain in the driver’s seat to acquire Mayfield with the Seattle Seahawks riding shotgun, the Detroit Lions have remained a dark horse candidate to swoop in and make a last-minute deal for the quarterback.
The primary reason for that is John Dorsey, the one-time general manager in Cleveland and now a high-ranking member of the Lions’ front office. Detroit may also soon be in the market for a new signal caller, if the team isn’t already. The Lions traded Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams last season, receiving Jared Goff as part of the return. Stafford went on to win a championship in Southern California, while Goff’s arm was colder than the weather in Detroit where he led his teammates to a 3-10-1 record across 14 starts. --------> continued --------->
And how about this from Heavy.com. July 03, 2022. ---->
The Cleveland Browns may have fewer suitors for Baker Mayfield than many have expected over the last several months.
While the Carolina Panthers remain in the driver’s seat to acquire Mayfield with the Seattle Seahawks riding shotgun, the Detroit Lions have remained a dark horse candidate to swoop in and make a last-minute deal for the quarterback.
The primary reason for that is John Dorsey, the one-time general manager in Cleveland and now a high-ranking member of the Lions’ front office. Detroit may also soon be in the market for a new signal caller, if the team isn’t already. The Lions traded Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams last season, receiving Jared Goff as part of the return. Stafford went on to win a championship in Southern California, while Goff’s arm was colder than the weather in Detroit where he led his teammates to a 3-10-1 record across 14 starts. --------> continued --------->
I hope you mjp- and everyone else- realizes that Heavy.com is nothing more than a rumor mill generating site.
-
And how about this from Heavy.com. July 03, 2022. ---->
The Cleveland Browns may have fewer suitors for Baker Mayfield than many have expected over the last several months.
While the Carolina Panthers remain in the driver’s seat to acquire Mayfield with the Seattle Seahawks riding shotgun, the Detroit Lions have remained a dark horse candidate to swoop in and make a last-minute deal for the quarterback.
The primary reason for that is John Dorsey, the one-time general manager in Cleveland and now a high-ranking member of the Lions’ front office. Detroit may also soon be in the market for a new signal caller, if the team isn’t already. The Lions traded Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams last season, receiving Jared Goff as part of the return. Stafford went on to win a championship in Southern California, while Goff’s arm was colder than the weather in Detroit where he led his teammates to a 3-10-1 record across 14 starts. --------> continued --------->
I hope you mjp- and everyone else- realizes that Heavy.com is nothing more than a rumor mill generating site.
I hope you mjp- and everyone else- realizes that Heavy.com is nothing more than a rumor mill generating site.
Oh yeah, the rumor of the week, or day.....but you wonder where they get their information from.
Plus they are on a lot of sites. Like the old saying.......It's the be careful of everything that you hear and half of what you read club. I look at it and sort it out and go from there.
Interesting reading ?!.

-
And how about this from Heavy.com. July 03, 2022. ---->
The Cleveland Browns may have fewer suitors for Baker Mayfield than many have expected over the last several months.
While the Carolina Panthers remain in the driver’s seat to acquire Mayfield with the Seattle Seahawks riding shotgun, the Detroit Lions have remained a dark horse candidate to swoop in and make a last-minute deal for the quarterback.
The primary reason for that is John Dorsey, the one-time general manager in Cleveland and now a high-ranking member of the Lions’ front office. Detroit may also soon be in the market for a new signal caller, if the team isn’t already. The Lions traded Matthew Stafford to the Los Angeles Rams last season, receiving Jared Goff as part of the return. Stafford went on to win a championship in Southern California, while Goff’s arm was colder than the weather in Detroit where he led his teammates to a 3-10-1 record across 14 starts. --------> continued --------->
I hope you mjp- and everyone else- realizes that Heavy.com is nothing more than a rumor mill generating site.
We have a better shot of Deshaun playing week 1 and the Browns winning the Super Bowl opposed to Watson being gone the whole season.
I hope you mjp- and everyone else- realizes that Heavy.com is nothing more than a rumor mill generating site.
I don’t know what is worse Heavy or Some of this Deshaun Watson speculation from reliable sources like Florio and La Confora.
Im waiting for the next Florio article…here is a preview…
-
Nobody is trading for a veteran quarterback until the Watson suspension is settled. I've always liked Garoppolo much more than Cam Newton; still Newton has never been known as a bad teammate so...
WSS
-
Nobody is trading for a veteran quarterback until the Watson suspension is settled. I've always liked Garoppolo much more than Cam Newton; still Newton has never been known as a bad teammate so...
WSS
Nobody is trading for a veteran quarterback until the Watson suspension is settled.
Well, WE aren't. I don't know about any other team though.
-
Nobody is trading for a veteran quarterback until the Watson suspension is settled.
Well, WE aren't. I don't know about any other team though.
-
From what I’ve been reading, Jimmy G underwent shoulder surgery in March and is not scheduled to be able to throw a football until sometimes in July.
I would say that factor (along with his salary) would hamper any possible trade deals for the time being.
-
From what I’ve been reading, Jimmy G underwent shoulder surgery in March and is not scheduled to be able to throw a football until sometimes in July.
I would say that factor (along with his salary) would hamper any possible trade deals for the time being.
From what I’ve been reading, Jimmy G underwent shoulder surgery in March and is not scheduled to be able to throw a football until sometimes in July.
I would say that factor (along with his salary) would hamper any possible trade deals for the time being.
Are you talking about Baker? I feel bad for baker I don’t think Carolina was the best fit…Seattle was better but they appear to be in tank mode or under some weird illusion that Drew Lock is a starting QB.
BTW Has anyone heard any tantrums from Jimmy G?
I think jimmy would be a great fit here but I think we could go 3-1 with Jacoby.
-
This was from the 19th:
San Francisco 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo resumed throwing about 4 weeks ago, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. The QB reportedly had a good recent checkup with Dr. Neal ElAttrache, and Rapoport adds that the team is "thrilled" with Garoppolo's progress as he works back from right-shoulder surgery. The QB is expected to gain full clearance by mid-August.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login

