Skip to content

? Official Preseason Game Thread: Browns at Jaguars.

The Browns Board
131 27 3.9k 1
  • This damm John Kelly is making some- one else' s team again.. he just ate some dude in pass pro 

    B Browns57 wrote on last edited by
    #81

    @gumby73 said:

    This damm John Kelly is making some- one else' s team again.. he just ate some dude in pass pro 

    Kelly would be great to keep if they can trade Hunt. A talented vet for next to nothing.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    You think they would keep all four? I'm trying to remember if they had four RBs active for games last season, I keep thinking they only ran with three. 

    3, a fullback and then practice squad backs if needed to activate.

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #82

    @browns57 said:

    3, a fullback and then practice squad backs if needed to activate.

    That's what I was thinking. 

    So jrb, would Johnson be the odd man out? 

  • @jrb12711 said:

    As much as we love Hunt, getting someone to trade for a 7.5 million 27 year old RB with an injury history isn’t that easy. I’m not sure the cap implications of cutting the guy, but for now his best value is running for Cleveland. It’s very likely we will need as many healthy Rbs as we can get this year.

    You think they would keep all four? I'm trying to remember if they had four RBs active for games last season, I keep thinking they only ran with three. 

    jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by
    #83

    @dutch-oven said:

    You think they would keep all four? I'm trying to remember if they had four RBs active for games last season, I keep thinking they only ran with three. 

    If Watson gets suspended all year? Man you’d think so. I didn’t catch any of the game until the second half so I’m not sure if and how Felton looked as that WR/RB option. But if it’s Brissett out there all year I’m fine having that depth on game day. 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #84

    get your stop ya earned.. ya got hosed on 2 plays.. 

  • S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #85

    You don’t Trade Kareem Hunt 

    i repeat you don’t trade Kareem Hunt 

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #86

    I'll be further reviewing that pool red bikini on the far right in replay ?   

  • You don’t Trade Kareem Hunt 

    i repeat you don’t trade Kareem Hunt 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #87

    @sdbacker80 said:

    You don’t Trade Kareem Hunt 

    i repeat you don’t trade Kareem Hunt 

    So what do you think we could get for Kareem Hunt? 

    ?

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #88

    LOVE the hustle from the 2's and 3's.

    Re: Kareem.  He's the biggest trade piece the Browns have.  And given our lack of depth, plus the overall youth at IDL, picks + players in a trade for Hunt isn't out of the question.

    Wonder if Bravvion Roy survives cuts in Carolina? They have a pretty deep group.

  • LOVE the hustle from the 2's and 3's.

    Re: Kareem.  He's the biggest trade piece the Browns have.  And given our lack of depth, plus the overall youth at IDL, picks + players in a trade for Hunt isn't out of the question.

    Wonder if Bravvion Roy survives cuts in Carolina? They have a pretty deep group.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #89

    @tiamat63 said:

    LOVE the hustle from the 2's and 3's.

    they were good.. I thought the I.Thomas & Rochell sack changed the defensive mo'jo..  Dobb's played well too..

  • @jrb12711 said:

    As much as we love Hunt, getting someone to trade for a 7.5 million 27 year old RB with an injury history isn’t that easy. I’m not sure the cap implications of cutting the guy, but for now his best value is running for Cleveland. It’s very likely we will need as many healthy Rbs as we can get this year.

    You think they would keep all four? I'm trying to remember if they had four RBs active for games last season, I keep thinking they only ran with three. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #90

    @dutch-oven said:

    You think they would keep all four? I'm trying to remember if they had four RBs active for games last season, I keep thinking they only ran with three. 

    see box in mid link..https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/Cleveland-Browns-Practice-Squad-Preview-Prediction-190542960/#190542960_1

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #91

    Jets QB Zach Wilson left their preseason game tonight with a non-contact knee injury. 

    Yikes. 

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #92

    Don't watch

    on it unless you're entertained by slow-motion telestrator analysis of the moment various guys have snapped their ACL.. 

  • @browns57 said:

    3, a fullback and then practice squad backs if needed to activate.

    That's what I was thinking. 

    So jrb, would Johnson be the odd man out? 

    jcam222J jcam222 wrote on last edited by
    #93

    @dutch-oven said:

    That's what I was thinking. 

    So jrb, would Johnson be the odd man out? 

    Would be literally insane to get rid of D’ernest. I’d say we end up with Chubb, D’ernest and Ford. I think Hunt is tradable for a decent return.  

  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
    #94

    Ford had himself a game.  102 rushing yards & 2 TD’s.  
     

    Does AB call Tretter?

  • OconReconO OconRecon wrote on last edited by
    #95

    Studs

    Ford, Kelly, Dobbs, Pocic, Emerson, Thomas, Perion, York, Taki, the 2’s & 3’s as a unit

    Duds

    Watson, D’Ernest, Wino, Schwartz, DPJ, Harris’ knee injury, the (partial) 1’s as a unit

  • Don't watch

    on it unless you're entertained by slow-motion telestrator analysis of the moment various guys have snapped their ACL.. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #96

    @unsympathetic said:

    Don't watch

    on it unless you're entertained by slow-motion telestrator analysis of the moment various guys have snapped their ACL.. 

    Thanks..I'd be more worried about a meniscus injury the way that knee joint buckled.. We play Jets W2.. ageless Flacco? 

    @oconrecon said:

    Ford had himself a game.  102 rushing yards & 2 TD’s.  
     

    Does AB call Tretter?

    Welcome in Ocon..

    hate it for Nick Harris.. Harris looks like that draftee, from the day they get drafted, that can't avoid injuries.. His short/stubby frame finds non-balance.. than SNAP's !

    Something seems up with Tretter?  might he retire?/less money? maybe his body may need a Gronk layoff year?

    The way this NFLPA keeps getting hosed? Tretter maybe a good NFLPA hire they should look into 

  • @unsympathetic said:

    Don't watch

    on it unless you're entertained by slow-motion telestrator analysis of the moment various guys have snapped their ACL.. 

    Thanks..I'd be more worried about a meniscus injury the way that knee joint buckled.. We play Jets W2.. ageless Flacco? 

    @oconrecon said:

    Ford had himself a game.  102 rushing yards & 2 TD’s.  
     

    Does AB call Tretter?

    Welcome in Ocon..

    hate it for Nick Harris.. Harris looks like that draftee, from the day they get drafted, that can't avoid injuries.. His short/stubby frame finds non-balance.. than SNAP's !

    Something seems up with Tretter?  might he retire?/less money? maybe his body may need a Gronk layoff year?

    The way this NFLPA keeps getting hosed? Tretter maybe a good NFLPA hire they should look into 

    tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #97

    @gumby73 said:

     We play Jets W2.. ageless Flacco? 

    Your keyboard to God's ears, especially now that Becton is out.  Myles might have 3 sacks that game alone.

  • @gumby73 said:

     We play Jets W2.. ageless Flacco? 

    Your keyboard to God's ears, especially now that Becton is out.  Myles might have 3 sacks that game alone.

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #98

    @tiamat63 said:

    Your keyboard to God's ears, especially now that Becton is out.  Myles might have 3 sacks that game alone.

    news says,Jets got somewhat lucky, (while overpaying) a 36 y.o. better Dwayne Brown within hours of Becton's injury..

    the Jets also have the ageless George Fant, who will play which side? Maybe they didn't overpay D.Brown to play LT?

    Do the Hawks have anyone left after paying Jamal Adams? 😆

  • jrb12711J jrb12711 wrote on last edited by jrb12711
    #99

    https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRyBhPNc/
     

    the ol Baker Mayfield special on this throw.

  • I still might stick with the Browns board nickname for the Jacksonville team: 

    The Faguars.

    Is that in poor taste?

    WSS

    W Westside Steve wrote on last edited by Westside Steve

    @westside-steve said:

    I still might stick with the Browns board nickname for the Jacksonville team: 

    The Faguars.

    Is that in poor taste?

    WSS

    Apparently it pissed somebody off.

    Duly noted whoever the guest was.

    WSS