Skip to content

Hunt on the block

The Browns Board
46 15 2.8k 1
  • Steelers trade WR Chase Claypool to the Bears for a 2nd round pick. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Steelers trade WR Chase Claypool to the Bears for a 2nd round pick. 

    it makes berry's trade look better and better 

  • @tiamat63 said:

     Woods has been a non-factor, and I'm not saying a high level investment in WR either.  I'm talking about middle to late rounds, keep the bottom 1/3 of the roster turning to find talent that can help as the season drags on.   Coop has been a nice addition, DPJ is finally consistently contributing, and Bell has promise.   I want more competition at that 4th and 5th spot, possibly even PR/KR provided Jakeem Grant doesn't come back healthy.

    We have Watson next year I think we have an enticing opportunity to add a free agent on $ friendly contract to compete with DPJ and Bell for targets. 

    UFA next season

    Marquise Goodwin Seahawks

    Parris Campbell Colts

    They both fit the Schwartz type- speed.

    I personally like Darius Slayton Giants if the Giants move on. Good speed more polish in his game.

    @sdbacker80 said:

    We have Watson next year I think we have an enticing opportunity to add a free agent on $ friendly contract to compete with DPJ and Bell for targets. 

    UFA next season

    Marquise Goodwin Seahawks

    Parris Campbell Colts

    They both fit the Schwartz type- speed.

    I personally like Darius Slayton Giants if the Giants move on. Good speed more polish in his game.

    Unfortunately, due to the cap situation, I doubt any free agency deals get done this off-season.   As much as I'm with you on liking Slayton.

  • @ghoolie-always-ghoolie said:

    Only time will tell if it is a smart move. Should Chubb get hurt the day we trade Hunt, it would look a lot different.

    My view is that you have to gave great players to win. There is plenty of shit on the roster to cut out before Hunt. That's my 2 cents.

    I love Hunt, the player.  I think his value to the football team is quite high.  When you have to spell Chubb, there's virtually no drop off.  But they drafted a guy.  And they have D'E, whose proven to be pretty darned good.  So they've got the position covered.  However, they didn't trade him.  They know he's better than Ford & D'E...and that they could ultimately get some sort of compensatory pick.  Someone was going to have to offer something to make them give up that compensatory pick.

  • sydS syd

    @dutch-oven said:

    Steelers trade WR Chase Claypool to the Bears for a 2nd round pick. 

    it makes berry's trade look better and better 

    @syd said:

    it makes berry's trade look better and better 

    Amari Cooper is just so damn good. 

    I still can't believe it only cost a 5th for him. 

  • @syd said:

    it makes berry's trade look better and better 

    Amari Cooper is just so damn good. 

    I still can't believe it only cost a 5th for him. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    it only cost a 5th for him. 

    He's paid like a WR1; that was likely a salary dump.

    Note that every former top player falls off eventually... Tampa guaranteed Devin White's 11M 2023 salary and he's already looking like he's not NFL level any more.

  • @dutch-oven said:

    it only cost a 5th for him. 

    He's paid like a WR1; that was likely a salary dump.

    Note that every former top player falls off eventually... Tampa guaranteed Devin White's 11M 2023 salary and he's already looking like he's not NFL level any more.

    @unsympathetic said:

    He's paid like a WR1; that was likely a salary dump.

    Note that every former top player falls off eventually... Tampa guaranteed Devin White's 11M 2023 salary and he's already looking like he's not NFL level any more.

    Absolute salary dump. 

    How much bigger was the contract we inherited with Cooper than the contract we inherited when we traded for Jarvis Landry?

    Because I really like Jarvis, but Cooper is just better.