Skip to content

Haslams committing to renovate Browns Stadium

The Browns Board
45 13 1.9k 1
  • @vaportrail said:

    How much are Cuyahoga County residents going to be expected to pay?

    In the end, who cares?  If a city wants to keep a team, they have to pay for stadiums, or at least a large portion.  It's not like people in the area are going to get a tax bill for $900.  They will pay it a nickel here, a nickel there over 20 years.

    We have been through a city and owner in a pissing contest over playing facilities and the team moved.  I hope people are smart enough to understand a NFL team is worth a lot of money to a community.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @ballpeen said:

    We have been through a city and owner in a pissing contest over playing facilities and the team moved.  I hope people are smart enough to understand a NFL team is worth a lot of money to a community.

    And if they do it right, making a complex that ties into the waterfront,  it could be a place to visit.  Rather than a big concrete thing.  Look, if you've gotta fork out for a new stadium in order to keep the team (we don't want to lose them again, do we) then do the whole area up right.  Make it more than just a place to gather for ten football games a year.

  • @ballpeen said:

    We have been through a city and owner in a pissing contest over playing facilities and the team moved.  I hope people are smart enough to understand a NFL team is worth a lot of money to a community.

    And if they do it right, making a complex that ties into the waterfront,  it could be a place to visit.  Rather than a big concrete thing.  Look, if you've gotta fork out for a new stadium in order to keep the team (we don't want to lose them again, do we) then do the whole area up right.  Make it more than just a place to gather for ten football games a year.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #42

    @orion said:

    we don't want to lose them again, do we

    Eh, it's just a sport, I could care less. This reincarnation of the Browns hasn't really worked out since 1999, with what (3?) winning seasons in the last 23 years? I never got to watch the Browns when they were good and winning championships. The Cavs are in the playoffs without LeBron for the first time so that's where I will be. At least the Cavs know how to build a winner.

  • N Neo

    @orion said:

    we don't want to lose them again, do we

    Eh, it's just a sport, I could care less. This reincarnation of the Browns hasn't really worked out since 1999, with what (3?) winning seasons in the last 23 years? I never got to watch the Browns when they were good and winning championships. The Cavs are in the playoffs without LeBron for the first time so that's where I will be. At least the Cavs know how to build a winner.

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @neo said:

    Eh, it's just a sport, I could care less.

    I'm going to assume that that might be a common view among fringe Browns fans....along with those who can't get past who the current QB is.

  • @neo said:

    Eh, it's just a sport, I could care less.

    I'm going to assume that that might be a common view among fringe Browns fans....along with those who can't get past who the current QB is.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @orion said:

    I'm going to assume that that might be a common view among fringe Browns fans....along with those who can't get past who the current QB is.

    I didn't start watching the Browns until 1995 and they were gone just a few years later. I don't have an emotional attachment to the team that some of the old guys do.  I would imagine the generation younger than I am would feel the same. 

  • N Neo

    @orion said:

    I'm going to assume that that might be a common view among fringe Browns fans....along with those who can't get past who the current QB is.

    I didn't start watching the Browns until 1995 and they were gone just a few years later. I don't have an emotional attachment to the team that some of the old guys do.  I would imagine the generation younger than I am would feel the same. 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @neo said:

    I would imagine the generation younger than I am would feel the same. 

    I would suggest the Dallas Cowboys.