Dorian T-R
-
Right on point. Dobbs is the back-up for this year, and he is more the wrinkle. DTR is more of a long term investment. One that will probably remain a back-up type, but you never know where things are headed 3-4 years down the road. I don't think the team drafted him with the intent that he is going to be the long term back-up, or at least only see him as a guy with a cap of back-up ability.
I am not saying that to cause a QB stir or anything like that, just saying you never know what the future holds.
-
And to add to my previous point, belicheck made moves like this in the past. I can't think of the QB's names right off, but a couple of them were drafted fairly late to sit behind Brady, and for one reason or another became the go to QB for QB starved teams and he was able to trade with for a pretty nice return on investment.
-
Right on point. Dobbs is the back-up for this year, and he is more the wrinkle. DTR is more of a long term investment. One that will probably remain a back-up type, but you never know where things are headed 3-4 years down the road. I don't think the team drafted him with the intent that he is going to be the long term back-up, or at least only see him as a guy with a cap of back-up ability.
I am not saying that to cause a QB stir or anything like that, just saying you never know what the future holds.
Right on point. Dobbs is the back-up for this year, and he is more the wrinkle. DTR is more of a long term investment. One that will probably remain a back-up type, but you never know where things are headed 3-4 years down the road. I don't think the team drafted him with the intent that he is going to be the long term back-up, or at least only see him as a guy with a cap of back-up ability.
I am not saying that to cause a QB stir or anything like that, just saying you never know what the future holds.
Exactly. I think that's why they drafted him where they chose to do so rather than waited to draft a guy like TCU's Max Duggan later on.
-
Right on point. Dobbs is the back-up for this year, and he is more the wrinkle. DTR is more of a long term investment. One that will probably remain a back-up type, but you never know where things are headed 3-4 years down the road. I don't think the team drafted him with the intent that he is going to be the long term back-up, or at least only see him as a guy with a cap of back-up ability.
I am not saying that to cause a QB stir or anything like that, just saying you never know what the future holds.
I don't think the team drafted him with the intent that he is going to be the long term back-up,
I'm glad you mentioned that (just that it's brought up), because I actually thought/think that he might've been drafted specifically for that purpose. He wasn't a high pick by any standards. We know that the current thinking is for Watson to be the successful starter for just about this kid's entire career. It shows that they're not content with the current backups. Either that or he was just head and shoulders above the next BPA.
-
I don't think the team drafted him with the intent that he is going to be the long term back-up,
I'm glad you mentioned that (just that it's brought up), because I actually thought/think that he might've been drafted specifically for that purpose. He wasn't a high pick by any standards. We know that the current thinking is for Watson to be the successful starter for just about this kid's entire career. It shows that they're not content with the current backups. Either that or he was just head and shoulders above the next BPA.
I'm glad you mentioned that (just that it's brought up), because I actually thought/think that he might've been drafted specifically for that purpose. He wasn't a high pick by any standards. We know that the current thinking is for Watson to be the successful starter for just about this kid's entire career. It shows that they're not content with the current backups. Either that or he was just head and shoulders above the next BPA.
I think they think he will be the back-up after this season. What I am saying is I don't think they feel he IS a career back-up, or in other words they feel that he has the ability to be a starter.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login