NFL Schedule Release
-
no excuses
I hear ya.
But it's not his fault that his agent got him 256mil guaranteed. I mean, what would I say if my agent said, "Here's the deal, I can get you 256 mil guaranteed." ? I'd say, "Are you kddin' me?!"
Yes, he's got an OLine. But it wasn't working to the high caliber play of previous years. There were injuries last year...but injuries are not uncommon.
They drafted him a WR with their 1st pick. But in theory, he was the 74th best player in the draft. He may not contribute too much too soon. And they traded for Elijah Moore. We'll have to wait and see how good Moore is.
They've tried to get Watson offensive weapons while still fixing the gaping holes in the D. Berry's done a lot to try and take away any excuses for not being able to put up points and win games. Because, he and everyone else knows, they're supposed to win NOW. ( no pressure )
To the schedule, I hope we play our final few games on the road in warmer weather. We suck in the cold weather.
I hear ya.
But it's not his fault that his agent got him 256mil guaranteed. I mean, what would I say if my agent said, "Here's the deal, I can get you 256 mil guaranteed." ? I'd say, "Are you kddin' me?!"
Yes, he's got an OLine. But it wasn't working to the high caliber play of previous years. There were injuries last year...but injuries are not uncommon.
They drafted him a WR with their 1st pick. But in theory, he was the 74th best player in the draft. He may not contribute too much too soon. And they traded for Elijah Moore. We'll have to wait and see how good Moore is.
They've tried to get Watson offensive weapons while still fixing the gaping holes in the D. Berry's done a lot to try and take away any excuses for not being able to put up points and win games. Because, he and everyone else knows, they're supposed to win NOW. ( no pressure )
To the schedule, I hope we play our final few games on the road in warmer weather. We suck in the cold weather.
And the deal is, the guarantee doesn't mean a whole lot. Teams don't move off QBs soon. If you also note, Watson isn't the highest paid QB. All these guys are getting 250 mil contracts. It is the going rate, like it or not.
As for injury, all teams wait a year or two if their guy gets hurt, with the hope he comes back strong. If it is a career ending injury, teams have insurance on those top dollar players.
Too much is being made out of the guarantee and dollar mount.
-
I hear ya.
But it's not his fault that his agent got him 256mil guaranteed. I mean, what would I say if my agent said, "Here's the deal, I can get you 256 mil guaranteed." ? I'd say, "Are you kddin' me?!"
Yes, he's got an OLine. But it wasn't working to the high caliber play of previous years. There were injuries last year...but injuries are not uncommon.
They drafted him a WR with their 1st pick. But in theory, he was the 74th best player in the draft. He may not contribute too much too soon. And they traded for Elijah Moore. We'll have to wait and see how good Moore is.
They've tried to get Watson offensive weapons while still fixing the gaping holes in the D. Berry's done a lot to try and take away any excuses for not being able to put up points and win games. Because, he and everyone else knows, they're supposed to win NOW. ( no pressure )
To the schedule, I hope we play our final few games on the road in warmer weather. We suck in the cold weather.
And the deal is, the guarantee doesn't mean a whole lot. Teams don't move off QBs soon. If you also note, Watson isn't the highest paid QB. All these guys are getting 250 mil contracts. It is the going rate, like it or not.
As for injury, all teams wait a year or two if their guy gets hurt, with the hope he comes back strong. If it is a career ending injury, teams have insurance on those top dollar players.
Too much is being made out of the guarantee and dollar mount.
And the deal is, the guarantee doesn't mean a whole lot. Teams don't move off QBs soon. If you also note, Watson isn't the highest paid QB. All these guys are getting 250 mil contracts. It is the going rate, like it or not.
As for injury, all teams wait a year or two if their guy gets hurt, with the hope he comes back strong. If it is a career ending injury, teams have insurance on those top dollar players.
Too much is being made out of the guarantee and dollar mount.
And he's going to keep going down the list of highest-paid QBs... there's a handful of young QBs - lead by Joe Burrow - that will probably easily surpass what Watson gets per year. And like you've said, how many of these QBs get a big contract and then are released?
But if Watson doesn't get back to his Texans-level, it will be a moo point.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login