Skip to content

What can we glean from the Browns vs Eagles stats ?

The Browns Board
27 11 1.2k 1
  • @ballpeen said:

    I also think Watkins sticks.

    I read a report from a Browns reporter who was at practice recently and he was thinking that Watkins has an uphill road to make the team...still...at this point.  I don't know why he reported that.  Of course, I'm not at practice...but I don't think he's been to too many.  

    ...and I saw another report today that says they'd probably have to keep 7 receivers in order for him to make the team...and that he's doesn't run really fast...and doesn't jump really high....and that he plays in the 4th quarter against guys who won't be in the league.

    All I know is that he's been catching a lot of passes....early in the game...in the middle of the game...at the end...whenever he's in.  And the QB's target him.  Schwartz has been out there a ton in the 3 games and only has 5 catches for 40 yards whereas Watkins has 15 for 245.

    They brought the kid in near the end of July.  Handed him a playbook and stuck him in the games...and all he's done is produced.

    ballpeenB ballpeen wrote on last edited by
    #21

    @orion said:

    They brought the kid in near the end of July.  Handed him a playbook and stuck him in the games...and all he's done is produced.

    In my book, that is how a kid makes a team.....but, the NFL is kind of weird at times.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    Watkins and Tillman would need to make a quantum leap this season to be considered a Cooper replacement. 

    Fair enough.  At least on reputation.  I am not sure that one of them can't come close to the production if given the targets.  No doubt they have to get open to get targets.  Either way, I still think there is a good chance that Coop could be a cap cut.

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #22

    @ballpeen said:

    Fair enough.  At least on reputation.  I am not sure that one of them can't come close to the production if given the targets.  No doubt they have to get open to get targets.  Either way, I still think there is a good chance that Coop could be a cap cut.

    Probably going to be a Coop or Chubb one or other scenario.

    And I don’t see DPJ in the fold especially if he plays well.

    likely to see a one year name type vet in his 30s and another draftee in the fold at WR in 2024.

    Tillman needs to be a dude quickly 

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #23

    Guess who's BACK?! 

    IMO, the biggest thing to take is we belong. You heard it from everyone, our team didn't look like a little brother and we have the physicality to hang with the best. That's HUGE in my eyes, now we just need to do it. 

    Season comes down to Watson, injuries, and winning one score games. God help Cade York cuz we gonna need him. 

  • Guess who's BACK?! 

    IMO, the biggest thing to take is we belong. You heard it from everyone, our team didn't look like a little brother and we have the physicality to hang with the best. That's HUGE in my eyes, now we just need to do it. 

    Season comes down to Watson, injuries, and winning one score games. God help Cade York cuz we gonna need him. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #24

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Guess who's BACK?! 

    IMO, the biggest thing to take is we belong. You heard it from everyone, our team didn't look like a little brother and we have the physicality to hang with the best. That's HUGE in my eyes, now we just need to do it. 

    Season comes down to Watson, injuries, and winning one score games. God help Cade York cuz we gonna need him. 

    Death by Kicker is NOT so nice... Just ask Buffalo fans and Scott Norwood..

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @nickers  this presser w/Diabate is all good to rewind.. but going to start this at when Stefanski called him un-drafted.. ? lol 

  • @nickers  this presser w/Diabate is all good to rewind.. but going to start this at when Stefanski called him un-drafted.. ? lol 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by
    #26

    @gumby73 said:

    @nickers  this presser w/Diabate is all good to rewind.. but going to start this at when Stefanski called him un-drafted.. ? lol 

    I like this guy- I remember his play at Utah.  Honest and humble. He’s going to play a lot this year. 

  • @nickers  this presser w/Diabate is all good to rewind.. but going to start this at when Stefanski called him un-drafted.. ? lol 

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @gumby73 said:

    @nickers  this presser w/Diabate is all good to rewind.. but going to start this at when Stefanski called him un-drafted.. ? lol 

    He sounded very natural, very real....and thirsty  🙂   For the preseason (so far) he's second on the team in tackles with 11 total, 8 solo.  6'4  225 lb.  I wish him luck.