Skip to content

The Official   ?  Monday  Night Football  Cleveland  Browns at Pittsburgh Steelers   Thread  ?  Sept  18

The Browns Board
816 43 23.6k 1
  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #21

    So apparently the Steelers have a 20 game win streak at home during the regular season vs the Browns?

    This is as good of time as any to end that shit. 

  • So apparently the Steelers have a 20 game win streak at home during the regular season vs the Browns?

    This is as good of time as any to end that shit. 

    gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #22

    @dutch-oven said:

    So apparently the Steelers have a 20 game win streak at home during the regular season vs the Browns?

    The Browns haven’t won a regular season game in Pittsburgh since Oct. 5, 2003, a 33-13 victory.

    Pittsburgh has also won 20 straight Monday night home games.

    Pittsburgh Injury Report, Week 2

    Friday, September 15
    No. 18 WR Diontae Johnson (Hamstring) - DNP
    No. 26 RB Anthony McFarland Jr. (Knee) - DNP
    No. 73 OL Isaac Seumalo (NIR) - DNP
    No. 76 OL Chukwuma Okorafor (Concussion) - Limited *****
    No. 78 OL James Daniels (Ankle) - Limited
    No. 88 TE Pat Freiermuth (Chest) - Full
    No. 99 DT Larry Ogunjobi (Foot) - DNP

    I'll say it 🙂  ****** Bring your ass out there ya punk

    To be exact, it will have been 361 days since Walker suffered a devastating season-ending injury, rupturing his quad tendon against the Steelers last season

    OK......  It's officially Steeler Week !  !  

  • @mjp28 said:

    Monday, September 18

    New Orleans Saints (-2.5) at Carolina Panthers
    ★ Cleveland Browns (-1.5) at Pittsburgh Steelers ★  at 8:15 pm.  <-- a close game ?   Are they that close  ?

    ▪︎~~~~~~~     ?    ▪︎~~~~~~~▪︎

    And on Sunday  September  17.  (FYI)

    ★ Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals (-3.5) 

    Browns -1.5, well, IIRC the 49ers were favored by 2. We know how that turned out. 

    Regarding the Bungle- Ratbird game, don't care who wins, but the Browns have to win also. No letdown guys. 

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by nickers
    #23

    @hoorta said:

    Browns -1.5, well, IIRC the 49ers were favored by 2. We know how that turned out. 

    Regarding the Bungle- Ratbird game, don't care who wins, but the Browns have to win also. No letdown guys. 

    The Browns are gonna ream the Stools a new asshole... Just watch... Stooler fans will vacate Athletes feet stadium by halftime

  • I am going to a local bar to watch this one and hopefully don't get in a fight with some Steelers fans haha. For some reason, their are a ridiculous amount of their fans where I live(Winston-Salem NC area).

    As for the game itself, hopefully in reference to the above post, Jones can hold up against their DL, and Watson is a bit more accurate and I see no reason we can't go in there and get a win. Pickett is a pretty mediocre QB so far in his career, and we need to get at him early and often.

    My prediction:

    Browns 27 Steelers 17.

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by Browns149
    #24

    @the-junkyard-dog said:

    I am going to a local bar to watch this one and hopefully don't get in a fight with some Steelers fans haha. For some reason, their are a ridiculous amount of their fans where I live(Winston-Salem NC area).

    As for the game itself, hopefully in reference to the above post, Jones can hold up against their DL, and Watson is a bit more accurate and I see no reason we can't go in there and get a win. Pickett is a pretty mediocre QB so far in his career, and we need to get at him early and often.

    My prediction:

    Browns 27 Steelers 17.

    Stoolers fans all over here on WV. There were no Bungles fans until they got Burrow. Funny how that happened 

    Browns 26 stoolers 13

    Pickett is the next Colt McCoy

  • @the-junkyard-dog said:

    I am going to a local bar to watch this one and hopefully don't get in a fight with some Steelers fans haha. For some reason, their are a ridiculous amount of their fans where I live(Winston-Salem NC area).

    As for the game itself, hopefully in reference to the above post, Jones can hold up against their DL, and Watson is a bit more accurate and I see no reason we can't go in there and get a win. Pickett is a pretty mediocre QB so far in his career, and we need to get at him early and often.

    My prediction:

    Browns 27 Steelers 17.

    Stoolers fans all over here on WV. There were no Bungles fans until they got Burrow. Funny how that happened 

    Browns 26 stoolers 13

    Pickett is the next Colt McCoy

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by
    #25

    @browns149 said:

    Stoolers fans all over here on WV. There were no Bungles fans until they got Burrow. Funny how that happened 

    Browns 26 stoolers 13

    Pickett is the next Colt McCoy

    Hey B149,  I hear you on that,   I was surprised how many steeler  fans have moved west into Ohio.  So much so that we are blacked OUT when the BROWNS/ steelerz play at the same time.   

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #26

    Cooper apparently aggravated his groin, is questionable for MNF.

  • N Neo

    The Browns need to take this game seriously from start to finish. Just because Pittsburgh is missing players doesn't mean they can coast through the game.  If they do then the culture truly hasn't changed. At least you know Schwartz will have his guys ready on his side of the ball.

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #27

    @neo said:

    The Browns need to take this game seriously from start to finish. Just because Pittsburgh is missing players doesn't mean they can coast through the game.  If they do then the culture truly hasn't changed. At least you know Schwartz will have his guys ready on his side of the ball.

    I'm not going to lie, I literally have so much Browns PTSD that I can't even ENVISION a scenario where we win. Steelers are coming off an opening blowout at HOME where nothing went right. They're playing on Monday night in front of the home crowd where they haven't lost since 'Nam. 

    Pittsburgh CAN'T lose this game and they know it. They're 20-0 at home on Monday night football. Think about that for a second. That tells me there's more than just football at work here. You can try to tell me that history has no influence on an actual game, but when it's 20-0, there's something going on. Here's what to expect:

    Every bounce will go their way. If there's a fumble, it's bouncing to them. If there's a deflection, it's heading their way instantly. Penalties will be in their favor. FG's will go in, ours will bounce off the post or something crazy, if not outright blocked. You can schedule at least one defensive touchdown, book it. Our best players will come down with a rare disease, like "Tibetan Respiratory Pneumonia" or something. This game will be wacky, and not in a good way. 

    Do I sound absolutely nuts? YES, of course I do! I'm a Browns fan, right? I'm allowed to be a basket case when we visit Pittsburgh, especially on Monday night, because I've seen it all, and by "seen it all", what I mean is, I've seen things, man. Things that would break a lesser fan. 

    Now, am I being ridiculous? Yeah, I am. But a hint of what I wrote can be expected, right? You simply don't get to 20-0 without cause, it HAS to be more than football. To win this game, we'll be fighting against a desperate Steelers team, and all the ghosts of NFL yesteryear. Are we a better team? Yes, we are. I really believe that. But this game will test us in all 3 phases and I hope we're ready. I know I am. 

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #28

    If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" ?

    But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win 

  • If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" ?

    But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win 

    S SdBacker80 wrote on last edited by SdBacker80
    #29

    @dutch-oven said:

    If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" ?

    But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win 

    Guarded optimism.  I get it.  This game will probably be a dawg fight. 
     

    All I know is we have a better QB and a better roster.  That normally translates to a W.  

    Truth here - We’ve played better Steeler teams.  Their need for a W may create a sense of urgency but when that inevitable wears off we have a better roster 

  • @browns149 said:

    Stoolers fans all over here on WV. There were no Bungles fans until they got Burrow. Funny how that happened 

    Browns 26 stoolers 13

    Pickett is the next Colt McCoy

    Hey B149,  I hear you on that,   I was surprised how many steeler  fans have moved west into Ohio.  So much so that we are blacked OUT when the BROWNS/ steelerz play at the same time.   

    Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #30

    @mjp28 said:

    Hey B149,  I hear you on that,   I was surprised how many steeler  fans have moved west into Ohio.  So much so that we are blacked OUT when the BROWNS/ steelerz play at the same time.   

    Here we get Bungles or Stoolers.  Browns are 3rd.  

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #31

    506sports.com always shows what game is on

  • DieHardBrownsFan1D DieHardBrownsFan1 wrote on last edited by
    #32

    Open photo

  • If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" ?

    But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #33

    @dutch-oven said:

    If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" ?

    But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win 

    I see no lies. Also, unfortunately I'm right. ?

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by
    #34

    @diehardbrownsfan1 said:

    Open photo

    ?  I once tried to carry Rural mail in this T-Shirt ?  and would you believe? a Postal Supervisor sent me home to change shirts ?

    I'm walking in with the Myles Garrett 95  jersey Monday .... please send me home 🙂

  • @dutch-oven said:

    If the Browns were playing a team made up of 9 and 10 year old blind girls, jiggins would be a mess in the leadup to the game. "I know they are small, and can't see so well, and have vaginas, but YOU JUST NEVER KNOW!" ?

    But I get what you are saying. The Browns I believe are slight favorites, and there isn't a chance in hell I'd bet money on them to win 

    Guarded optimism.  I get it.  This game will probably be a dawg fight. 
     

    All I know is we have a better QB and a better roster.  That normally translates to a W.  

    Truth here - We’ve played better Steeler teams.  Their need for a W may create a sense of urgency but when that inevitable wears off we have a better roster 

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #35

    @sdbacker80 said:

    Truth here - We’ve played better Steeler teams.  Their need for a W may create a sense of urgency but when that inevitable wears off we have a better roster 

    Right. I think Browns have to withstand an early surge by Pittsburgh cuz they're coming out bananas. 

    I watched Bengals game again and was surprised at the amount of times Watson didn't take the check down or throw a shorter pass right away. Obviously hindsight is 20/20, but he took a number of hits and cost us multiple first downs by not simply throwing an easier pass. Now, I get that with any player you take the good and the bad and Watson has a much deserved reputation for holding onto the ball and hunting big plays. The problem I had was it was raining and we had a small lead (early). There were too many times Njoku was sitting there waiting for the pill, and one time was the interception Watson threw that was tipped. 

    It's game 1 and I'd MUCH rather learn from a win than a loss, but there's a bunch Watson needs to change if he wants to stay healthy and keep the chains moving. Watson gets hurt and it's over, boys. DTR will not save us. Watson is who he is, but I'm hoping he can change just a little bit. Take the easy toss a bit more, go out of bounds on a run play when you can, and I believe Watson will have the year we all want. The deep throws will connect, they always have for him. Yes, he underthrew two scoring strikes, but Marquis could've caught the first one...he really didn't make a great effort on that ball. Also, that ball probably weighed 57 pounds. 

    I do NOT expect us to run the ball well, Heyward out be damned. We just do not run well against them in Pittsburgh and I don't care what the 49's did to them. This game will be totally different. If I drop the act I do expect us to win. I just think we're better, even with Cooper out or severely hobbled. I just expect it to be ugly AF, and I mean ugly. Watt will destroy Dawand, like he destroys everyone. Think about it, how confident would YOU be if Myles was going up against a rookie? 

    Browns win, 20-17 in a sphincter clinching, grinding, "thank God we won" type of victory. Go Browns! 

  • @mjp28 said:

    Hey B149,  I hear you on that,   I was surprised how many steeler  fans have moved west into Ohio.  So much so that we are blacked OUT when the BROWNS/ steelerz play at the same time.   

    Here we get Bungles or Stoolers.  Browns are 3rd.  

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by Dutch Oven
    #36

    @browns149 said:

    Here we get Bungles or Stoolers.  Browns are 3rd.  

    Curious, I looked up where Letart was in WV. 

    Damn, you are almost dead between Cincinnati (165 miles) and Pittsburgh (207 miles), with Cleveland (221 miles) directly north of you. 

  • @tiamat63 said:

    Heyward to IR, out minimum 8 weeks.  

    He might be a Steeler, but he's also a Buckeye and a great ambassador for the game of football.     It's a huge loss for PIT, and a loss the Brownies need to capitalize on.     

    I feel your conflict. Roethlisberger was a RedHawk. 

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #37

    @ibleedbrown said:

    I feel your conflict. Roethlisberger was a RedHawk. 

    He was also an idiot

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #38

    Funny story on ESPN just now...

    Bar in Green Bay ran a promotion last Monday night for the Jets vs Bills game. If the Jets (and Aaron Rodgers) lost, the bar would pick up everyone's bar tab for the night.

    Well, four offensive plays in, Rodgers blows his Achilles. As the bar manager said, "There was a moment of silence, then everyone started ordering shots"... with Rodgers out of the way, people were drinking and drinking and drinking, thinking the Bills were a lock to win and that the bar would pick up their tabs....

    The video of the bar when the Jets ran back a kick for a touchdown to win the game was priceless. One patron said "Well, I guess I'm not eating lunch this week..." ?

  • @neo said:

    The Browns need to take this game seriously from start to finish. Just because Pittsburgh is missing players doesn't mean they can coast through the game.  If they do then the culture truly hasn't changed. At least you know Schwartz will have his guys ready on his side of the ball.

    I'm not going to lie, I literally have so much Browns PTSD that I can't even ENVISION a scenario where we win. Steelers are coming off an opening blowout at HOME where nothing went right. They're playing on Monday night in front of the home crowd where they haven't lost since 'Nam. 

    Pittsburgh CAN'T lose this game and they know it. They're 20-0 at home on Monday night football. Think about that for a second. That tells me there's more than just football at work here. You can try to tell me that history has no influence on an actual game, but when it's 20-0, there's something going on. Here's what to expect:

    Every bounce will go their way. If there's a fumble, it's bouncing to them. If there's a deflection, it's heading their way instantly. Penalties will be in their favor. FG's will go in, ours will bounce off the post or something crazy, if not outright blocked. You can schedule at least one defensive touchdown, book it. Our best players will come down with a rare disease, like "Tibetan Respiratory Pneumonia" or something. This game will be wacky, and not in a good way. 

    Do I sound absolutely nuts? YES, of course I do! I'm a Browns fan, right? I'm allowed to be a basket case when we visit Pittsburgh, especially on Monday night, because I've seen it all, and by "seen it all", what I mean is, I've seen things, man. Things that would break a lesser fan. 

    Now, am I being ridiculous? Yeah, I am. But a hint of what I wrote can be expected, right? You simply don't get to 20-0 without cause, it HAS to be more than football. To win this game, we'll be fighting against a desperate Steelers team, and all the ghosts of NFL yesteryear. Are we a better team? Yes, we are. I really believe that. But this game will test us in all 3 phases and I hope we're ready. I know I am. 

    FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #39

    @jiggins7919 said:

    I'm not going to lie, I literally have so much Browns PTSD that I can't even ENVISION a scenario where we win. Steelers are coming off an opening blowout at HOME where nothing went right. They're playing on Monday night in front of the home crowd where they haven't lost since 'Nam. 

    Pittsburgh CAN'T lose this game and they know it. They're 20-0 at home on Monday night football. Think about that for a second. That tells me there's more than just football at work here. You can try to tell me that history has no influence on an actual game, but when it's 20-0, there's something going on. Here's what to expect:

    Every bounce will go their way. If there's a fumble, it's bouncing to them. If there's a deflection, it's heading their way instantly. Penalties will be in their favor. FG's will go in, ours will bounce off the post or something crazy, if not outright blocked. You can schedule at least one defensive touchdown, book it. Our best players will come down with a rare disease, like "Tibetan Respiratory Pneumonia" or something. This game will be wacky, and not in a good way. 

    Do I sound absolutely nuts? YES, of course I do! I'm a Browns fan, right? I'm allowed to be a basket case when we visit Pittsburgh, especially on Monday night, because I've seen it all, and by "seen it all", what I mean is, I've seen things, man. Things that would break a lesser fan. 

    Now, am I being ridiculous? Yeah, I am. But a hint of what I wrote can be expected, right? You simply don't get to 20-0 without cause, it HAS to be more than football. To win this game, we'll be fighting against a desperate Steelers team, and all the ghosts of NFL yesteryear. Are we a better team? Yes, we are. I really believe that. But this game will test us in all 3 phases and I hope we're ready. I know I am. 

    FAN isn't just a prefix of FANTASTIC!   

    I'll be honest, I'm worried about this defense reading how unstoppable they are all week.  They've also read how bad Pittsburgh looked all week.  Anyone that understands our history - knows where you're coming from and what I needed to say.  That said, if the Browns prepared for this game like they did for the first game - I definitely think they can win.  If they didn't?   They can beat themselves so Pittsburgh doesn't have to.  This game is going to boil down to how well the Browns can handle TJ Watt IMO.  

  • U Unsympathetic wrote on last edited by
    #40

    Cooper downgraded to questionable after tweaking his groin in practice.