When qb's have wr's that can get OPEN, here's what happens
-
Another year of this nonsense?
If some of you are so obsessed with Baker, become Buccaneer fans. I'm sure there is a TB Bucs version of this message board.
Another year of this nonsense?
If some of you are so obsessed with Baker, become Buccaneer fans. I'm sure there is a TB Bucs version of this message board.
Well if we take the fact several here were saying JFF was so good in college because Mike Evans bailed him out, may (field) we make the same conclusion now at T.B.??
-
Baker looked good yesterday. I got the Sunday ticket and ended up watching much of the Buc's game. I have always been a Bucs fan of sorts. My parents retired to the area and my Dad bought season tickets for their 1st season and held them many years. I always went to the Browns game when they played in Tampa. I also went to many non-Browns games.
I don't know if it is so much about the receivers as much as it is about Baker. I think he has matured and possibly been humbled a bit. He finally understands that he doesn't need to be "the guy" He just needs to move the team down the field.
If he was still in Cleveland, it still wouldn't be working out for him. He would still be trying to be "the guy" and the fans would still be expecting him to be that. I think he has finally settled in to a place where he can be comfortable.
Baker looked good yesterday. I got the Sunday ticket and ended up watching much of the Buc's game. I have always been a Bucs fan of sorts. My parents retired to the area and my Dad bought season tickets for their 1st season and held them many years. I always went to the Browns game when they played in Tampa. I also went to many non-Browns games.
I don't know if it is so much about the receivers as much as it is about Baker. I think he has matured and possibly been humbled a bit. He finally understands that he doesn't need to be "the guy" He just needs to move the team down the field.
If he was still in Cleveland, it still wouldn't be working out for him. He would still be trying to be "the guy" and the fans would still be expecting him to be that. I think he has finally settled in to a place where he can be comfortable.
Having something like 4 different Offensive Coordinators in his 1st 3 years probably had a lot to do with that. In his 2nd year, the Browns lost both starting Tackles on opening day plus the backup Tackle Hubbard vrs the TN Titans. That'll make anyone antsy in the pocket.
I still see some inconsistency with how quickly he gets through his progression reads. He's very streaky with it. I can't help but think that's a permanent thing but I've been wrong before.
The change was as necessary for Baker as it was for the Browns. It's up to him to prove to a team he's a keeper. He's gone from Cleveland to Carolina to LA to Tampa so I think getting that consistency improved could give him a home in a league that needs 32 starting QBs.
-
I follow all sorts of stuff, and several players.
LIke, Jared Goff - I thought he was "iffy" coming out of the draft.
But he is a far better qb with the Lions now than he was with the rams.
-
Jun 6, 2023Lions HC Dan Campbell: Jared Goff a better QB with Lions than with Rams. Upon the Detroit Lions' acquisition of Jared Goff from the Los Angeles Rams in 2021, it was widely believed that he would ...**************************************The difference in teams? oline/coaching/system/wr's.......The Lions beat the Chiefs.The Chiefs struggled, didn't look like the same dominant offense. Of course, Kelce was out, and he makes Mahomes magic. Without Kelce at TE, Mahomes struggled to fine open receivers, too. Same qb."
The Chiefs’ offensive line was excellent most of the night with pass blocking, but too often, Mahomes couldn’t find open receivers. That, or his teammates dropped the ball. Mahomes’ last gasp at pulling out a miracle ended fittingly. On fourth-and-25 with 2:09 left, he escaped the pocket and threw a ball up for grabs that Skyy Moore jumped for but couldn’t pull down, despite getting two hands on the pass.
Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article279063729.html#storylink=cpy"
************************************************
It isn't just about Baker. Brady without Gronk? tough times. Mahomes without Kelce? tough times. No more simply throwing the ball to your wide open all-world TE. That took it's toll on Mahomes in that game.
-
-
I follow all sorts of stuff, and several players.
LIke, Jared Goff - I thought he was "iffy" coming out of the draft.
But he is a far better qb with the Lions now than he was with the rams.
-
Jun 6, 2023Lions HC Dan Campbell: Jared Goff a better QB with Lions than with Rams. Upon the Detroit Lions' acquisition of Jared Goff from the Los Angeles Rams in 2021, it was widely believed that he would ...**************************************The difference in teams? oline/coaching/system/wr's.......The Lions beat the Chiefs.The Chiefs struggled, didn't look like the same dominant offense. Of course, Kelce was out, and he makes Mahomes magic. Without Kelce at TE, Mahomes struggled to fine open receivers, too. Same qb."
The Chiefs’ offensive line was excellent most of the night with pass blocking, but too often, Mahomes couldn’t find open receivers. That, or his teammates dropped the ball. Mahomes’ last gasp at pulling out a miracle ended fittingly. On fourth-and-25 with 2:09 left, he escaped the pocket and threw a ball up for grabs that Skyy Moore jumped for but couldn’t pull down, despite getting two hands on the pass.
Read more at: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article279063729.html#storylink=cpy"
************************************************
It isn't just about Baker. Brady without Gronk? tough times. Mahomes without Kelce? tough times. No more simply throwing the ball to your wide open all-world TE. That took it's toll on Mahomes in that game.
-
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login