Skip to content

Watson's shoulder

The Browns Board
351 34 17.0k 1
  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I think the only collateral damage with all the eventual change could be Jim Schwartz.   But admittedly after the past two years I’m pretty easy to please on that side of the ball.  I believe the defense loves to play for the guy though. 

    And I know Bubba is respected and he wouldn’t meddle with the offense - we could do worse or be left with worse 

    I’m still trying to figure out Stefanski, is he a HC that wants to be an OC?

    Or is he an OC that pretends to be an HC?

    Does anyone look at Alex VanPelt during the game and think he looks like a janitor waiting at the time clock for his shift to come to an end?

    @canton-dawg said:

    I’m still trying to figure out Stefanski, is he a HC that wants to be an OC?

    Or is he an OC that pretends to be an HC?

    Does anyone look at Alex VanPelt during the game and think he looks like a janitor waiting at the time clock for his shift to come to an end?

    I think he leaves a lot to be desired in both realms which makes doing both next to impossible.  
     

    if I’m Van Pelt and I had a little fire in my gut I would have left a few years ago. But It is hard to assess someone’s desire beyond making a living and being comfortable with where you are in life.  Exactly why I say maybe Schwartz even with this success may not want to escape for a HC gig. 

  • May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says '6:06 ← Post Mary Kay Cabot Deshaun Watson could miss multiple more games with a strain-like deep contusion in his otato cuff; he's the #Browns $230 million investment, and they won' play him until he can throw normally and pain- My report Browns QB Deshaun Watson could miss multiple more games with strain- ike deep co... PM. 82.1K /iews 74 Reposts 167 255 kes 5 Bookmarks NFL Fact Checks @wildlifel... 21m ''

  • Medical science has come a long way with sports injuries, knee injuries that used to be career-enders can now cleaned up and have the player back on the field in record time.

    But rotator cuff injuries are still tricky. 

  • @flugel said:

    You're welcome!  Glad you enjoyed it.  What an unbelievable cast that movie had....

    I needed it…we are starting PJ Walker

    @sdbacker80 said:

    I needed it…we are starting PJ Walker

    I hear ya.  We need to get our minds off this hot mess.

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I needed it…we are starting PJ Walker

    I hear ya.  We need to get our minds off this hot mess.

    @flugel said:

    I hear ya.  We need to get our minds off this hot mess.

    Why haven't we traded for another qb? There has to be something we can do, right? Brissett ain't playing...can we bring him back? Watching PJ play against the 49's sounds like as much fun as getting mule kicked in the nuts over and over while watching "The Drive" on ESPN in an endless loop. 

  • Medical science has come a long way with sports injuries, knee injuries that used to be career-enders can now cleaned up and have the player back on the field in record time.

    But rotator cuff injuries are still tricky. 

    @dutch-oven said:

    Medical science has come a long way with sports injuries, knee injuries that used to be career-enders can now cleaned up and have the player back on the field in record time.

    But rotator cuff injuries are still tricky. 

    Baltimore used to have this magical tree bark that cured Triceps tendon tears (Ray Lewis) and Achilles Tendon Tears (T.Suggs) in just a few easy weeks.  Whatever happen to those steroids, I mean tree bark supplements.  Thomas Dolby sang a song about it all called "SCIENCE".  

  • @flugel said:

    I hear ya.  We need to get our minds off this hot mess.

    Why haven't we traded for another qb? There has to be something we can do, right? Brissett ain't playing...can we bring him back? Watching PJ play against the 49's sounds like as much fun as getting mule kicked in the nuts over and over while watching "The Drive" on ESPN in an endless loop. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Why haven't we traded for another qb? There has to be something we can do, right? Brissett ain't playing...can we bring him back? Watching PJ play against the 49's sounds like as much fun as getting mule kicked in the nuts over and over while watching "The Drive" on ESPN in an endless loop. 

    I wouldn't worry about it.  They're gonna put blind folds over his eyes to improve the accuracy.

  • well written espn article, of the Old NFL QB Guard of injuries..

    https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/29808920/brees-rodgers-brady-roethlisberger-rivers-injury-histories-five-legendary-nfl-quarterbacks-295-weeks-injury-report

    9-20-15. Drew Brees bruised his right throwing shoulder Rotator cuff. Brees returned in a week, not ramming into a goal line players helmet while doing so

    An MRI confirmed that Brees did not suffer a serious shoulder injury. Revealed a bruised rotator cuff with no tear, league sources told ESPN Monday.

    https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/13712320/drew-brees-new-orleans-saints-questionable-shoulder-injury-not-serious

    what I don't get is ? Do we/nfl staff a Nurse Ratchet or Kathy Bates, clearing QB's as suitable to play to drive media clicks ?  

      download.jpg.a9b34551042ed9668fbddccb97cfb7bb.jpg    download.jpg.608af5091ca950c9ed0788e081f920cf.jpg   

    Halloween month in Cleveland ? ? we're off to a banging start ! 😉

  • @sdbacker80 said:

    I think the only collateral damage with all the eventual change could be Jim Schwartz.   But admittedly after the past two years I’m pretty easy to please on that side of the ball.  I believe the defense loves to play for the guy though. 

    And I know Bubba is respected and he wouldn’t meddle with the offense - we could do worse or be left with worse 

    I’m still trying to figure out Stefanski, is he a HC that wants to be an OC?

    Or is he an OC that pretends to be an HC?

    Does anyone look at Alex VanPelt during the game and think he looks like a janitor waiting at the time clock for his shift to come to an end?

    @canton-dawg said:

    I’m still trying to figure out Stefanski, is he a HC that wants to be an OC?

    Or is he an OC that pretends to be an HC?

    Does anyone look at Alex VanPelt during the game and think he looks like a janitor waiting at the time clock for his shift to come to an end?

    Not sure, but if I ever did my job like he has - I would completely understand my demotion to Broom Closet Coordinator.

    I NEVER understood why an Assistant Coach suddenly getting his DREAM job of Head Coach would only want to control freak the offense to the extent a former QB and current OC Alex Van Pelt can only give input only after Paul Depodesta's Poindexters spewing Analytics overfeed have been heard and prioritized.  Again, the 1 and only time this team looked to Alex Van Pelt to call the plays at PITTSBURGH in the post season - the Browns scored 48 points.  Hoorta always intercepts that and Budweiser Frogs in a "yeah but" they picked off Roethlisberger 4 times and recovered a fumble in the end zone.  I said, our QB wasn't getting intercepted so he helped the Browns punctuate a lot of short fields with TDs.  3 TDs and 0 INTs in a playoff game AT PITTSBURGH doesn't suck on a night the Browns were up 48-29 under 2 minutes to go.  Yeah, Pitt got their TD and 2 point conversion with about 80 seconds left to bring their score up to make the game look a lot more competitive than it was all night.

    I've see some old documentaries about Bill Parcells where he was up every one of his Coordinator's asses on game day especially the best DC in the game at the time Bill Belichick.  That's a HC.  Head Coaches can be bastards; but when it all plays out and your team wins because of it - you never stop cherishing your memories of what they did for you in the game you love.  

    Stefanski?  Nobody REALLY knows why he was Depodesta's favorite candidate in 2 different Head Coach searches.  My guess is the criteria was he agreed to just focus on the offense and prioritize the input from the Poindexters with the situational percentages instead of looking at the film that provides the WHY behind each percentage.  Saying TJ Watt is talented and we need to block him doesn't assure me this franchise has ever looked at enough film of the guy showing the best ways to possibly do so.  It's almost like saying we have to limit the turnovers without working on the ball security fundamentals every day in practice.  I say such a thing when I saw Watson running with the ball away from his body in the arm that wasn't closest to the sideline.  Other guys like Njoku and Bryant have ball security issues as well.  

    The last 2 years prior to upgrading the Coordinators for Special Teams and Defense - the Browns had repetitive issues with too many men on the field when teams were going to punt to us or on 3rd or 4th and 4 situations where the Browns gave opponents 1st downs instead of getting themselves off the field from the change of possession the defense worked hard to earn.  The same mistakes repeated no matter how many times Stefanski said we need to be more organized without putting this stuff in your practices.  Smart teams practice situational football (instead of studying statistical formulas like A2 + B2 = ABBA).

    Anyway, sorry for the longwinded blow hard and the delay in responding to your post CD.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    My cousin's wife is in Almost Famous as an extra, she's still a member of SAG. 

    He's also really good in Boogie Nights. 

    That's pretty cool about your cousin's wife.  

    Hoffman was in so many movies I feel like I forget more of them than the ones I remember.  I had to go back into my post yesterday and add in Moneyball.  After mentioning him as Art Howe it only made sense I left out Moneyball.  

    FWIW, we had a really fun neighborhood back in the day.  Another family that eventually moved to Philly, used to bring in "Fresh Air Kids" from indigent Urban areas.  To this day, I don't know how true this is but back in my 20's a guy from the old neighborhood said "Do you remember that kid Eddie that visited the Daughertys one summer?"  I was like, yeah who doesn't?  His favorite saying when he got on base in pick-up games was "you white boys like to watch black people steal."  You know where this is going and again it's never been confirmed.  I think I resisted trying because the coincidence of it all was pretty freakin cool.  It was allegedly Eddie Murphy.  He was about the same age as my older brother at the time; and nobody had any idea what he'd make of himself way back when he wasn't even almost famous.  The only stuff we thought about back then was when and where we were playing ball next. 

    @flugel said:

    Hoffman was in so many movies

  • Not good

    IMG_0308.png

  • @flugel said:

    I hear ya.  We need to get our minds off this hot mess.

    Why haven't we traded for another qb? There has to be something we can do, right? Brissett ain't playing...can we bring him back? Watching PJ play against the 49's sounds like as much fun as getting mule kicked in the nuts over and over while watching "The Drive" on ESPN in an endless loop. 

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Why haven't we traded for another qb? There has to be something we can do, right? Brissett ain't playing...can we bring him back? Watching PJ play against the 49's sounds like as much fun as getting mule kicked in the nuts over and over while watching "The Drive" on ESPN in an endless loop. 

    Brissett starting now would be hope. But the niners and eagles are the only two unbeaten teams? Njoku won't be missed much, but Bitonio out...very bad. But Michael Dunn isn't any slouch, either.

    The niners dline is.....

    https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-2023-roster-breakdown-defensive-line-bosa-hargrave-armstead-jackson-kinlaw

  • N Neo

    @flugel said:

    Hoffman was in so many movies

    @neo said:

    He was incredible!  Thanks Neo!   You can tell the Browns are doing what they always do best when we'd rather talk about Hoffman the weekend of a game...

  • @neo said:

    He was incredible!  Thanks Neo!   You can tell the Browns are doing what they always do best when we'd rather talk about Hoffman the weekend of a game...

    @flugel said:

    He was incredible!  Thanks Neo!   You can tell the Browns are doing what they always do best when we'd rather talk about Hoffman the weekend of a game...

    Well, if you're a true Browns fan and football fan in general, you know what the chances are the Browns win a game against a team like the 49ers. The Browns have some work to do if they want to convince people they deserve otherwise. Still not totally convinced the culture has changed. And I think the "culture" change has to take place with the "fans" as well as the team. I get it with the Watson injury, I just don't think the anger is being channeled in the right place. It's easy to hate on the overpaid player especially if it's Watson rather than the people who overpaid him.

    And why not Hoffman, that whole scene had me laughing my ass off?

  • N Neo

    @flugel said:

    He was incredible!  Thanks Neo!   You can tell the Browns are doing what they always do best when we'd rather talk about Hoffman the weekend of a game...

    Well, if you're a true Browns fan and football fan in general, you know what the chances are the Browns win a game against a team like the 49ers. The Browns have some work to do if they want to convince people they deserve otherwise. Still not totally convinced the culture has changed. And I think the "culture" change has to take place with the "fans" as well as the team. I get it with the Watson injury, I just don't think the anger is being channeled in the right place. It's easy to hate on the overpaid player especially if it's Watson rather than the people who overpaid him.

    And why not Hoffman, that whole scene had me laughing my ass off?

    @neo said:

    Well, if you're a true Browns fan and football fan in general, you know what the chances are the Browns win a game against a team like the 49ers. The Browns have some work to do if they want to convince people they deserve otherwise. Still not totally convinced the culture has changed. And I think the "culture" change has to take place with the "fans" as well as the team. I get it with the Watson injury, I just don't think the anger is being channeled in the right place. It's easy to hate on the overpaid player especially if it's Watson rather than the people who overpaid him.

    And why not Hoffman, that whole scene had me laughing my ass off?

    Me too man!

  • @neo said:

    Well, if you're a true Browns fan and football fan in general, you know what the chances are the Browns win a game against a team like the 49ers. The Browns have some work to do if they want to convince people they deserve otherwise. Still not totally convinced the culture has changed. And I think the "culture" change has to take place with the "fans" as well as the team. I get it with the Watson injury, I just don't think the anger is being channeled in the right place. It's easy to hate on the overpaid player especially if it's Watson rather than the people who overpaid him.

    And why not Hoffman, that whole scene had me laughing my ass off?

    Me too man!

    @flugel said:

    Me too man!

    I just want the Browns to show up tomorrow... Is that asking too much?

  • @vambo said:

    May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says '6:06 ← Post Mary Kay Cabot Deshaun Watson could miss multiple more games with a strain-like deep contusion in his otato cuff; he's the #Browns $230 million investment, and they won' play him until he can throw normally and pain- My report Browns QB Deshaun Watson could miss multiple more games with strain- ike deep co... PM. 82.1K /iews 74 Reposts 167 255 kes 5 Bookmarks NFL Fact Checks @wildlifel... 21m ''

    They're not going to play their 230 mil investment until he can throw pain free.  Well then, for 230 mil he can come in and run the ball.  He likes taking on tacklers.  

    This has all the earmarks of another wasted season.....much like last season.  

  • @vambo said:

    May be an image of 1 person, playing football and text that says '6:06 ← Post Mary Kay Cabot Deshaun Watson could miss multiple more games with a strain-like deep contusion in his otato cuff; he's the #Browns $230 million investment, and they won' play him until he can throw normally and pain- My report Browns QB Deshaun Watson could miss multiple more games with strain- ike deep co... PM. 82.1K /iews 74 Reposts 167 255 kes 5 Bookmarks NFL Fact Checks @wildlifel... 21m ''

    They're not going to play their 230 mil investment until he can throw pain free.  Well then, for 230 mil he can come in and run the ball.  He likes taking on tacklers.  

    This has all the earmarks of another wasted season.....much like last season.  

    @orion said:

    This has all the earmarks of another wasted season.....much like last season.  

    Jimmah, isn’t getting much of a return on his investment.

  • I like how people on here are acting like lost, mediocre seasons are a new thing as a Browns fan. ?

  • I like how people on here are acting like lost, mediocre seasons are a new thing as a Browns fan. ?

    @dutch-oven said:

    I like how people on here are acting like lost, mediocre seasons are a new thing as a Browns fan. ?

    Yeah...but it's different now.  We actually have a host of good players.  They just don't get to play because they're either suspended or injured.  This year it's Chubb, Conklin, Watson and now Bitonio.  In years past it didn't matter if our players were healthy or not.  They mostly all stunk.