Skip to content

▪︎ Santa isn't the only one visiting USA this Christmas, so I've a few more questions.

The Browns Board
50 11 2.0k
  • @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    I only really get to see the highlights on Youtube, I don't have ten million fancy TV channels like some do. I've been working afternoon shift for months so I've been able to watch the Tuesday morning games but I'm back on days now and the games are just finishing as I'm getting up for work at 04.30. I'd check out sports bars online for Texans game , I think Istanbul is 7 hours in front so there is that to bear in mind which would mean Jets game would be live at silly o'clock in Istanbul so your hotel room might be your only possibility. Can't give you any tips for Istanbul as I've only been once for a soccer match and we were taken straight from the plane to the game then stuck back on the plane home straight after the game. We did get a nice boat ride down the Bosphorus river to the stadium though. Enjoy your holiday!   

    NFL Hunter is pretty reliable for streaming games live. Sometimes takes a while to connect but then stays on all game. I used to pay for nfl game pass but if the game is on sky over here then it's blocked so u then have to pay for sky. Nfl hunter u have the choice of all the games all of the time ?

    Y Yorkie going tot dogs wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @claretbrown said:

    NFL Hunter is pretty reliable for streaming games live. Sometimes takes a while to connect but then stays on all game. I used to pay for nfl game pass but if the game is on sky over here then it's blocked so u then have to pay for sky. Nfl hunter u have the choice of all the games all of the time ?

    Nice tip! Thanks.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #42

  • @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    I only really get to see the highlights on Youtube, I don't have ten million fancy TV channels like some do. I've been working afternoon shift for months so I've been able to watch the Tuesday morning games but I'm back on days now and the games are just finishing as I'm getting up for work at 04.30. I'd check out sports bars online for Texans game , I think Istanbul is 7 hours in front so there is that to bear in mind which would mean Jets game would be live at silly o'clock in Istanbul so your hotel room might be your only possibility. Can't give you any tips for Istanbul as I've only been once for a soccer match and we were taken straight from the plane to the game then stuck back on the plane home straight after the game. We did get a nice boat ride down the Bosphorus river to the stadium though. Enjoy your holiday!   

    NFL Hunter is pretty reliable for streaming games live. Sometimes takes a while to connect but then stays on all game. I used to pay for nfl game pass but if the game is on sky over here then it's blocked so u then have to pay for sky. Nfl hunter u have the choice of all the games all of the time ?

    Y Yorkie going tot dogs wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @claretbrown said:

    NFL Hunter is pretty reliable for streaming games live. Sometimes takes a while to connect but then stays on all game. I used to pay for nfl game pass but if the game is on sky over here then it's blocked so u then have to pay for sky. Nfl hunter u have the choice of all the games all of the time ?

    Ay up Claret, I see your a Greg's and Villa fan. I was down yours for the last two mid week games with Leeds before we went down, we had a fine slurp round Litchfield pre match on both visits. Always liked your ground going right back to the 80s before redevelopment  and the AV flood lights. Done several of your boozers round there in days gone by one or two which sadly no longer exist I believe. City centre is good with pubs like the Wellington and Old Contemptables setting fine ale standards. Have you had the pleasure of a visit to Leeds? All the Gregs staff in Doncaster frenchgate know my face and I only work in the town. Cheers. 

  • @claretbrown said:

    NFL Hunter is pretty reliable for streaming games live. Sometimes takes a while to connect but then stays on all game. I used to pay for nfl game pass but if the game is on sky over here then it's blocked so u then have to pay for sky. Nfl hunter u have the choice of all the games all of the time ?

    Ay up Claret, I see your a Greg's and Villa fan. I was down yours for the last two mid week games with Leeds before we went down, we had a fine slurp round Litchfield pre match on both visits. Always liked your ground going right back to the 80s before redevelopment  and the AV flood lights. Done several of your boozers round there in days gone by one or two which sadly no longer exist I believe. City centre is good with pubs like the Wellington and Old Contemptables setting fine ale standards. Have you had the pleasure of a visit to Leeds? All the Gregs staff in Doncaster frenchgate know my face and I only work in the town. Cheers. 

    ClaretBrownC ClaretBrown wrote on last edited by
    #44

    @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    Ay up Claret, I see your a Greg's and Villa fan. I was down yours for the last two mid week games with Leeds before we went down, we had a fine slurp round Litchfield pre match on both visits. Always liked your ground going right back to the 80s before redevelopment  and the AV flood lights. Done several of your boozers round there in days gone by one or two which sadly no longer exist I believe. City centre is good with pubs like the Wellington and Old Contemptables setting fine ale standards. Have you had the pleasure of a visit to Leeds? All the Gregs staff in Doncaster frenchgate know my face and I only work in the town. Cheers. 

    Alright mate, ah yes I like a greggs ?

    I've been to elland road a couple of times down the years, not for ages though. Dean saunders villa debut.....about 1992.....and then around 2000ish, can't remember anything about that game apart from we lost.....and we were in the peacock before the game, rather intoxicated ?

    Been around donny a bit with work.....I drive a truck so been into amazon at rossington, and a little place called dixon timber more in the town. 

    Sounds like ur having a trip of a lifetime mate....I would love to go over and do a browns game. I missed the london game we had about 6 years ago, it coincided with the birth of my daughter....I'll never forgive her!! ?

  • @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    Ay up Claret, I see your a Greg's and Villa fan. I was down yours for the last two mid week games with Leeds before we went down, we had a fine slurp round Litchfield pre match on both visits. Always liked your ground going right back to the 80s before redevelopment  and the AV flood lights. Done several of your boozers round there in days gone by one or two which sadly no longer exist I believe. City centre is good with pubs like the Wellington and Old Contemptables setting fine ale standards. Have you had the pleasure of a visit to Leeds? All the Gregs staff in Doncaster frenchgate know my face and I only work in the town. Cheers. 

    Alright mate, ah yes I like a greggs ?

    I've been to elland road a couple of times down the years, not for ages though. Dean saunders villa debut.....about 1992.....and then around 2000ish, can't remember anything about that game apart from we lost.....and we were in the peacock before the game, rather intoxicated ?

    Been around donny a bit with work.....I drive a truck so been into amazon at rossington, and a little place called dixon timber more in the town. 

    Sounds like ur having a trip of a lifetime mate....I would love to go over and do a browns game. I missed the london game we had about 6 years ago, it coincided with the birth of my daughter....I'll never forgive her!! ?

    Y Yorkie going tot dogs wrote on last edited by
    #45

    @claretbrown said:

    Alright mate, ah yes I like a greggs ?

    I've been to elland road a couple of times down the years, not for ages though. Dean saunders villa debut.....about 1992.....and then around 2000ish, can't remember anything about that game apart from we lost.....and we were in the peacock before the game, rather intoxicated ?

    Been around donny a bit with work.....I drive a truck so been into amazon at rossington, and a little place called dixon timber more in the town. 

    Sounds like ur having a trip of a lifetime mate....I would love to go over and do a browns game. I missed the london game we had about 6 years ago, it coincided with the birth of my daughter....I'll never forgive her!! ?

    Was at both games you mentioned, had an S/T for 30 seasons but only go now and again now. Rossington Main is the non league team that I watch occasionally due to working with lads that have played or are involved with the club. They've done The Peacock up and it's brilliant but it's now home fans only after an incident or two. The wall paper is a mish mash of ticket stubs, programme covers and old football cards. Looks mint. And yes the holiday has been a right laugh so far but it's more expensive than I thought and the dollars are disappearing quickly, mostly over various bar tops. Here's to another win tonight! Cheers. 

  • @claretbrown said:

    Alright mate, ah yes I like a greggs ?

    I've been to elland road a couple of times down the years, not for ages though. Dean saunders villa debut.....about 1992.....and then around 2000ish, can't remember anything about that game apart from we lost.....and we were in the peacock before the game, rather intoxicated ?

    Been around donny a bit with work.....I drive a truck so been into amazon at rossington, and a little place called dixon timber more in the town. 

    Sounds like ur having a trip of a lifetime mate....I would love to go over and do a browns game. I missed the london game we had about 6 years ago, it coincided with the birth of my daughter....I'll never forgive her!! ?

    Was at both games you mentioned, had an S/T for 30 seasons but only go now and again now. Rossington Main is the non league team that I watch occasionally due to working with lads that have played or are involved with the club. They've done The Peacock up and it's brilliant but it's now home fans only after an incident or two. The wall paper is a mish mash of ticket stubs, programme covers and old football cards. Looks mint. And yes the holiday has been a right laugh so far but it's more expensive than I thought and the dollars are disappearing quickly, mostly over various bar tops. Here's to another win tonight! Cheers. 

    ClaretBrownC ClaretBrown wrote on last edited by
    #46

    @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    Was at both games you mentioned, had an S/T for 30 seasons but only go now and again now. Rossington Main is the non league team that I watch occasionally due to working with lads that have played or are involved with the club. They've done The Peacock up and it's brilliant but it's now home fans only after an incident or two. The wall paper is a mish mash of ticket stubs, programme covers and old football cards. Looks mint. And yes the holiday has been a right laugh so far but it's more expensive than I thought and the dollars are disappearing quickly, mostly over various bar tops. Here's to another win tonight! Cheers. 

    I was only talking about the peacock last week to a blues mate at work....the places we've been to and thought afterwards.....'how the hell didn't we get the shit kicked out of us!!' ?

    How do u go about getting tickets for browns games?......and are they expensive?.....it seems a lot more in comparison to premier league prices but that might just be where I've looked. 

    Let's hope we get that win tonight.....and no more fu**in injuries!! ??

  • @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    Was at both games you mentioned, had an S/T for 30 seasons but only go now and again now. Rossington Main is the non league team that I watch occasionally due to working with lads that have played or are involved with the club. They've done The Peacock up and it's brilliant but it's now home fans only after an incident or two. The wall paper is a mish mash of ticket stubs, programme covers and old football cards. Looks mint. And yes the holiday has been a right laugh so far but it's more expensive than I thought and the dollars are disappearing quickly, mostly over various bar tops. Here's to another win tonight! Cheers. 

    I was only talking about the peacock last week to a blues mate at work....the places we've been to and thought afterwards.....'how the hell didn't we get the shit kicked out of us!!' ?

    How do u go about getting tickets for browns games?......and are they expensive?.....it seems a lot more in comparison to premier league prices but that might just be where I've looked. 

    Let's hope we get that win tonight.....and no more fu**in injuries!! ??

    Y Yorkie going tot dogs wrote on last edited by
    #47

    @claretbrown said:

    I was only talking about the peacock last week to a blues mate at work....the places we've been to and thought afterwards.....'how the hell didn't we get the shit kicked out of us!!' ?

    How do u go about getting tickets for browns games?......and are they expensive?.....it seems a lot more in comparison to premier league prices but that might just be where I've looked. 

    Let's hope we get that win tonight.....and no more fu**in injuries!! ??

    Had a lot of advice off the chaps on here regarding tickets. It's all paperless now though so I bought a new phone to be able to do it. I sussed out where I wanted to sit on my laptop cos the screens bigger then booked them on my phone. Paid slightly over $100 for each game. Got in a fair old flap about doing it but it was easy enough in the end. As regard dodgey days out I've been very lucky over the years. Took a kicking at Man City and almost got sparked. Wore a bus window at Man U, glass in my hair and clothes. Took a baton round my face in Rome off the Carabinieri that almost put my lights out. I know lads that have had a lot worse so can't complain considering how long I've been going. Just on east 4th now enjoying some local Cleveland brews in Flannerys. Had some top suggestions for brew houses off chaps on here which I'll check out over the next few days, fair does to the lass serving me, she's not letting me sit here with an empty glass. Cheers. 

  • @claretbrown said:

    I was only talking about the peacock last week to a blues mate at work....the places we've been to and thought afterwards.....'how the hell didn't we get the shit kicked out of us!!' ?

    How do u go about getting tickets for browns games?......and are they expensive?.....it seems a lot more in comparison to premier league prices but that might just be where I've looked. 

    Let's hope we get that win tonight.....and no more fu**in injuries!! ??

    Had a lot of advice off the chaps on here regarding tickets. It's all paperless now though so I bought a new phone to be able to do it. I sussed out where I wanted to sit on my laptop cos the screens bigger then booked them on my phone. Paid slightly over $100 for each game. Got in a fair old flap about doing it but it was easy enough in the end. As regard dodgey days out I've been very lucky over the years. Took a kicking at Man City and almost got sparked. Wore a bus window at Man U, glass in my hair and clothes. Took a baton round my face in Rome off the Carabinieri that almost put my lights out. I know lads that have had a lot worse so can't complain considering how long I've been going. Just on east 4th now enjoying some local Cleveland brews in Flannerys. Had some top suggestions for brew houses off chaps on here which I'll check out over the next few days, fair does to the lass serving me, she's not letting me sit here with an empty glass. Cheers. 

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by
    #48

    @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    Had a lot of advice off the chaps on here regarding tickets. It's all paperless now though so I bought a new phone to be able to do it. I sussed out where I wanted to sit on my laptop cos the screens bigger then booked them on my phone. Paid slightly over $100 for each game. Got in a fair old flap about doing it but it was easy enough in the end. As regard dodgey days out I've been very lucky over the years. Took a kicking at Man City and almost got sparked. Wore a bus window at Man U, glass in my hair and clothes. Took a baton round my face in Rome off the Carabinieri that almost put my lights out. I know lads that have had a lot worse so can't complain considering how long I've been going. Just on east 4th now enjoying some local Cleveland brews in Flannerys. Had some top suggestions for brew houses off chaps on here which I'll check out over the next few days, fair does to the lass serving me, she's not letting me sit here with an empty glass. Cheers. 

    East 4th is  a neat place to party...  We'll be heading Downton soon- tailgating in the vicinity of East 12th and Lakeside.   

  • @yorkie-going-tot-dogs said:

    Had a lot of advice off the chaps on here regarding tickets. It's all paperless now though so I bought a new phone to be able to do it. I sussed out where I wanted to sit on my laptop cos the screens bigger then booked them on my phone. Paid slightly over $100 for each game. Got in a fair old flap about doing it but it was easy enough in the end. As regard dodgey days out I've been very lucky over the years. Took a kicking at Man City and almost got sparked. Wore a bus window at Man U, glass in my hair and clothes. Took a baton round my face in Rome off the Carabinieri that almost put my lights out. I know lads that have had a lot worse so can't complain considering how long I've been going. Just on east 4th now enjoying some local Cleveland brews in Flannerys. Had some top suggestions for brew houses off chaps on here which I'll check out over the next few days, fair does to the lass serving me, she's not letting me sit here with an empty glass. Cheers. 

    East 4th is  a neat place to party...  We'll be heading Downton soon- tailgating in the vicinity of East 12th and Lakeside.   

    Y Yorkie going tot dogs wrote on last edited by
    #49

    @hoorta said:

    East 4th is  a neat place to party...  We'll be heading Downton soon- tailgating in the vicinity of East 12th and Lakeside.   

    Just had a walk back to my hotel and the place is bouncing down near the stadium. Might have been Dive bar that I walked past. Enjoy the evenings action!

  • T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by
    #50

    Well a Santa thread seems a good place to put this. Enjoy!?‍?