Skip to content

"Official" ?  ▪︎ NFL WEEK 17 ▪︎ JETS -at- BROWNS (-7½)  ? "The" J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets Thread

The Browns Board
385 33 8.6k 1
  • Why is Cooper not playing?

    jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by
    #41

    @browns149 said:

    Why is Cooper not playing?

    Heel injury...but I thought he was going to play? I'll never understand this Thursday night game, especially at the end of the year. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #42

  • @browns149 said:

    Why is Cooper not playing?

    Heel injury...but I thought he was going to play? I'll never understand this Thursday night game, especially at the end of the year. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #43

    @jiggins7919 said:

    Heel injury...but I thought he was going to play? I'll never understand this Thursday night game, especially at the end of the year. 

    nfl.com just reported it WTF

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #44

    Amari Cooper won't have a chance to follow up on the greatest game by a wide receiver in Cleveland Browns history.

    Cooper will surprisingly be inactive for the Browns' Thursday night tilt against the visiting New York Jets due to a heel injury.

    A non-participant all week in practice who drew a questionable designation, Cooper will be held out of Week 17 action just four days after a historic showing in Week 16.

    Cooper turned in a Browns single-game record of 265 receiving yards during a win over the Houston Texans. He had 11 receptions and a pair of touchdowns, leading to him being lauded as the AFC Offensive Player of the Week.

  • gumby73G gumby73 wrote on last edited by gumby73
    #45

    Nfl network showed one warm up rep of Coop after 4 days of rest ... #2 Coop clearly can't go on 4 days

    looks of a arch or bruised heel injury.. something happened on long TD run last week

    Flacco thru the air Tonight !

    Live Browns Radio feed updates   https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/audio/radio

  • jiggins7919J jiggins7919 wrote on last edited by jiggins7919
    #46

    This is a big blow, and I for one could use a little optimism, so here it goes. 

    Kevin is extremely talented at devising gameplans IMO. I anticipate Jets doing everything in their power to take away Njoku, so it's going to be an Elijah Moore game. I've been unimpressed with him this year, that's no secret. A few bad drops, hardly any broken tackles, and not as much wiggle as I thought he had. 

    Tonight is a new night. Elijah Moore will take it to the house on a screen and will score another touchdown on a trick play of sorts. We're going to get creative and it's going to work. Moore will have over 100 yards and 2 TD's. 

    Oh, and Njoku will still get his, but the other surprise? The running game. I think our run game comes alive and the screen game pops and that's how we make up for the Cooper injury. And don't forget the Goodwin TD bomb, that's definitely happening. We got this. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by syd
    #47

    tillman and bell to step up

    edit: Goodwin

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #48

    These fucking stupid Thursday night games. 

    But the NFL cares soooo much about the health of their players. 

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #49

    When was the last Brown's game with this much hype and hope on the line?

  • This is a big blow, and I for one could use a little optimism, so here it goes. 

    Kevin is extremely talented at devising gameplans IMO. I anticipate Jets doing everything in their power to take away Njoku, so it's going to be an Elijah Moore game. I've been unimpressed with him this year, that's no secret. A few bad drops, hardly any broken tackles, and not as much wiggle as I thought he had. 

    Tonight is a new night. Elijah Moore will take it to the house on a screen and will score another touchdown on a trick play of sorts. We're going to get creative and it's going to work. Moore will have over 100 yards and 2 TD's. 

    Oh, and Njoku will still get his, but the other surprise? The running game. I think our run game comes alive and the screen game pops and that's how we make up for the Cooper injury. And don't forget the Goodwin TD bomb, that's definitely happening. We got this. 

    Korsou DawgK Korsou Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #50

    @jiggins7919 said:

    This is a big blow, and I for one could use a little optimism, so here it goes. 

    Kevin is extremely talented at devising gameplans IMO. I anticipate Jets doing everything in their power to take away Njoku, so it's going to be an Elijah Moore game. I've been unimpressed with him this year, that's no secret. A few bad drops, hardly any broken tackles, and not as much wiggle as I thought he had. 

    Tonight is a new night. Elijah Moore will take it to the house on a screen and will score another touchdown on a trick play of sorts. We're going to get creative and it's going to work. Moore will have over 100 yards and 2 TD's. 

    Oh, and Njoku will still get his, but the other surprise? The running game. I think our run game comes alive and the screen game pops and that's how we make up for the Cooper injury. And don't forget the Goodwin TD bomb, that's definitely happening. We got this. 

    This put a dent in my confidence for sure.

    Agree that Jets will try to eliminate Njoku. Equally disappointed with Moore so far this season, but not especially hopeful he will turn it around this game. 

    Tillman has blossomed with Flacco under center, so he will be our #1 option tonight. I hope my boy David Bell gets targets tonight, because he has hands and gets open. Considering the expected focus on Njoku, don't underestimate Akins as an option. In the end, Joe has shown a knack to get everyone involved, which we will damn well need tonight! 

  • Browns149B Browns149 wrote on last edited by
    #51

    Any way to watch without Amazon prime?

  • sydS syd

    Amari Cooper won't have a chance to follow up on the greatest game by a wide receiver in Cleveland Browns history.

    Cooper will surprisingly be inactive for the Browns' Thursday night tilt against the visiting New York Jets due to a heel injury.

    A non-participant all week in practice who drew a questionable designation, Cooper will be held out of Week 17 action just four days after a historic showing in Week 16.

    Cooper turned in a Browns single-game record of 265 receiving yards during a win over the Houston Texans. He had 11 receptions and a pair of touchdowns, leading to him being lauded as the AFC Offensive Player of the Week.

    N Neo wrote on last edited by
    #52

    @syd said:

    Amari Cooper won't have a chance to follow up on the greatest game by a wide receiver in Cleveland Browns history.

    Cooper will surprisingly be inactive for the Browns' Thursday night tilt against the visiting New York Jets due to a heel injury.

    A non-participant all week in practice who drew a questionable designation, Cooper will be held out of Week 17 action just four days after a historic showing in Week 16.

    Cooper turned in a Browns single-game record of 265 receiving yards during a win over the Houston Texans. He had 11 receptions and a pair of touchdowns, leading to him being lauded as the AFC Offensive Player of the Week.

    I know the Browns have been resilient all year, this just might be the straw that broke the camel's back.  Just unlucky as hell.

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #53

    Man if we could somehow muster a run game tonight. 

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by
    #54

    Here we goooooooooooooo...!!!

  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #55

    No Cooper, ugh

  • BernieSuperBowl2B BernieSuperBowl2 wrote on last edited by
    #56

    Njoku!

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #57

    CHIEF!

  • tinythinkerT tinythinker wrote on last edited by tinythinker
    #58

    what a run (after the catch) ?

  • FlugelF Flugel wrote on last edited by
    #59

    Phew!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by
    #60

    Promising start on the ground