Skip to content

 ● "Official" ?  ▪︎ WEEK 18 ▪︎  BROWNS 14 ● Bengals 31  ?  Jan. 7th, a 14-31 second team "Loss"

The Browns Board
127 19 2.7k
  • @orion said:

    It looks like 24 is holding a McDonalds Coffee.  🙂

    Hot chocolate! They have vendors patrolling the stands selling it.

    Which reminds me, it was super cool seeing vendors hocking beer and hot cocoa in the stands there. That’s something that has disappeared at Great American Ballpark for you baseball fans who venture to Cincy. 

    Has that disappeared at the Jake too? (or whatever corporate name it goes by now). Or anyone privy to the goings on at any other MLB ballparks these days regarding vendors patrolling the stands? 

    I seriously miss it and consider it an integral part of the ballpark experience. Not to hijack the thread or anything, but l’m totally trying to hijack the thread. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Hot chocolate! They have vendors patrolling the stands selling it.

    Which reminds me, it was super cool seeing vendors hocking beer and hot cocoa in the stands there. That’s something that has disappeared at Great American Ballpark for you baseball fans who venture to Cincy. 

    Has that disappeared at the Jake too? (or whatever corporate name it goes by now). Or anyone privy to the goings on at any other MLB ballparks these days regarding vendors patrolling the stands? 

    I seriously miss it and consider it an integral part of the ballpark experience. Not to hijack the thread or anything, but l’m totally trying to hijack the thread. 

    It's Progressive Field. It's been Progressive Field for longer than it was Jacobs Field. 

    There still is vendors at Progressive, but it definitely feels like they are less prevalent than they used to be. Now that I think of it - at least in the section I sat in at the Browns stadium for two games this year - they were practically nonexistent. 

  • Playoffs? Did you say PLAYOFFS?   Praise the Lord, both the Browns and my alternate team the Lions both avoided the bullshit Peacock exclusive game Saturday night.  

    Pure money grabbing crap by the NFL.  How many alternate streaming services do the a-holes in the NFL think fans are going to sign up for?  MNF ESPN... TNF Amazon (that one isn't too bad, as most folks already have Prime) then Sunday Ticket on YouTube (looks like from my POV they made a huge mistake shelling out billions for the exclusive) ... Now Peacock thinks that's the ticket to increased signups for their streaming service.  Sorry Charlie. That's the harbinger of pay per view in the NFL...  Had the Browns gotten shafted with a Peacock exclusive, I have a funny feeling tens of thousands Browns fans would have paid NBC the $7 buck one month subscription, and dropped them as soon as the game was over.  

    Maybe I should start a survey from you guys how many streaming services you subscribe to? I'm at two- Paramount+ (Star Trek) and the wife has Netflix...  This is getting ridiculous...  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @hoorta said:

    Pure money grabbing crap by the NFL.  How many alternate streaming services do the a-holes in the NFL think fans are going to sign up for? 

    Yup.  It's ridicules. 

  • @hoorta said:

    Pure money grabbing crap by the NFL.  How many alternate streaming services do the a-holes in the NFL think fans are going to sign up for? 

    Yup.  It's ridicules. 

    T TexasAg1969 wrote on last edited by

    @orion said:

    Yup.  It's ridicules. 

    I don't view it if I have to pay for another streaming service. Just getting Direct TV, cell phones and internet is ridiculous enough already.

  • @ibleedbrown said:

    Hot chocolate! They have vendors patrolling the stands selling it.

    Which reminds me, it was super cool seeing vendors hocking beer and hot cocoa in the stands there. That’s something that has disappeared at Great American Ballpark for you baseball fans who venture to Cincy. 

    Has that disappeared at the Jake too? (or whatever corporate name it goes by now). Or anyone privy to the goings on at any other MLB ballparks these days regarding vendors patrolling the stands? 

    I seriously miss it and consider it an integral part of the ballpark experience. Not to hijack the thread or anything, but l’m totally trying to hijack the thread. 

    It's Progressive Field. It's been Progressive Field for longer than it was Jacobs Field. 

    There still is vendors at Progressive, but it definitely feels like they are less prevalent than they used to be. Now that I think of it - at least in the section I sat in at the Browns stadium for two games this year - they were practically nonexistent. 

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by

    @dutch-oven said:

    It's Progressive Field. It's been Progressive Field for longer than it was Jacobs Field. 

    There still is vendors at Progressive, but it definitely feels like they are less prevalent than they used to be. Now that I think of it - at least in the section I sat in at the Browns stadium for two games this year - they were practically nonexistent. 

    Cool, thank you. I guess l should say they still exist at the GAB but they hang back behind or below the stands, so they’re no longer walking stairs and we no longer hear their colorful sales pitches like “cooooold beeeer heeeyer!”

    I really miss it. It was kind of a quintessential part of the whole ballpark experience that has gone away down here. 

  • @orion said:

    Yup.  It's ridicules. 

    I don't view it if I have to pay for another streaming service. Just getting Direct TV, cell phones and internet is ridiculous enough already.

    hoortaH hoorta wrote on last edited by

    @texasag1969 said:

    I don't view it if I have to pay for another streaming service. Just getting Direct TV, cell phones and internet is ridiculous enough already.

    As to the above for sure Tex... Most of us are already spending more on that stuff than we're paying on our gas and electric bills.  ?

    Regarding Peacock getting the exclusive to the Chiefs- Dolphins Saturday night game... A lot of fans are pretty outraged over it.  If you live in the KC or Miami area, it will be broadcast OTA. However, this one is pure greed on the part of the NFL, which accepted a $110 million bribe from NBC to have exclusive rights to the game. I hope their viewership rating for the game sucks, and the NFL discovers that they shouldn't try this stunt again in the future

    Of course, I'm not going to pay (I did a little research) NBC $5.99 to watch the game, and then immediately cancel afterwards. Unfortunately, us Browns fans are going to get stuck paying that sometime next year when we're forced having to do that. ? Hopefully, the game will be on delay on NFLN....  

    Doing more research, Peacock's channel lineup is a big yawn. For those who have already ditched DirecTV and gone to Hulu or Fubo, it's a duplication of viewing. I guess the 28 million Peacock subscribers who are NFL fans will luck out and not have to pay extra to see the game. 

    If you have unlimited $$$ I could easily see someone paying $500 bucks a month just on TV streaming services.  

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It's Progressive Field. It's been Progressive Field for longer than it was Jacobs Field. 

    There still is vendors at Progressive, but it definitely feels like they are less prevalent than they used to be. Now that I think of it - at least in the section I sat in at the Browns stadium for two games this year - they were practically nonexistent. 

    Cool, thank you. I guess l should say they still exist at the GAB but they hang back behind or below the stands, so they’re no longer walking stairs and we no longer hear their colorful sales pitches like “cooooold beeeer heeeyer!”

    I really miss it. It was kind of a quintessential part of the whole ballpark experience that has gone away down here. 

    mjp28M mjp28 wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Cool, thank you. I guess l should say they still exist at the GAB but they hang back behind or below the stands, so they’re no longer walking stairs and we no longer hear their colorful sales pitches like “cooooold beeeer heeeyer!”

    I really miss it. It was kind of a quintessential part of the whole ballpark experience that has gone away down here. 

    Good  comments by both you and Dutch. ......  worth it for you fans here to go back and. READ .   <--●

  • @dutch-oven said:

    It's Progressive Field. It's been Progressive Field for longer than it was Jacobs Field. 

    There still is vendors at Progressive, but it definitely feels like they are less prevalent than they used to be. Now that I think of it - at least in the section I sat in at the Browns stadium for two games this year - they were practically nonexistent. 

    Cool, thank you. I guess l should say they still exist at the GAB but they hang back behind or below the stands, so they’re no longer walking stairs and we no longer hear their colorful sales pitches like “cooooold beeeer heeeyer!”

    I really miss it. It was kind of a quintessential part of the whole ballpark experience that has gone away down here. 

    Dutch OvenD Dutch Oven wrote on last edited by

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Cool, thank you. I guess l should say they still exist at the GAB but they hang back behind or below the stands, so they’re no longer walking stairs and we no longer hear their colorful sales pitches like “cooooold beeeer heeeyer!”

    I really miss it. It was kind of a quintessential part of the whole ballpark experience that has gone away down here. 

    So I double-checked with my wife about that and she concurred, there definitely isn't as many vendors down in the stands as there used to be and she brought up a good point - with stadiums going cashless, its harder to make the "in the stands" transactions. Kind of weird to pass your credit/debit card down the row of strangers.