All the Rb's
-
If you ask me, I think there's way more value at RB than OL later in the draft, so I'm all for drafting the lineman high, eschewing picking the back until later.
The Peterson-vs-Thomas thing just feels like another-one-that-got-away is all.............
mz. said:
The Peterson-vs-Thomas thing just feels like another-one-that-got-away is all.............I'd agree w/ you on that, if Thomas hadn't come right in and been a pro bowl, all pro, franchise LT. But Thomas right now is looking like a guy who will be sitting at the corner giving up next to no sacks or the next 10 years (ala Ogden or Pace). Those guys don't come along often either. The chances are Peterson's better days will be behind him long before Joe's.
-
Thomas was a safe pick. If Peterson's injury truly was bad and would have got worse then we would be cursing how we took him instead of JT, but thankfully for him it did not. We passed on Rapelisberger which to me was a bigger no-no seeing what iam seeing right now and the QB confusion we are having.
-
I haven't chimed in on this even after Mary Kay got it all stirred up with the unnamed front office guy. I loved AP coming into the draft, like the most love I've had for a back in a long time. However, the closer to the draft we got, I couldn't help but think Thomas was the better fit. By all accounts he sounded like a can't miss pro at a position that is absolutely paramount to having a stud in the NFL if you can.
The biggest issue that is glossed over was the injury issue that AP brought with him. Nobody questioned his talent, but it was the Beanie Wells type injury proneness coming in that scared me. I looked at JT as a 10-15 year type but AP as more of a maybe 5-8 guy. Not only that, but he could have been hurt out the gate. I was watching the Browns Red Zone last night and they were discussing how he was bloodied and puking at halftime last week. This shit will take a toll on him and how long he can stay a beast we don't know.
They could have moved Steiny to left tackle and fixed the line up the best they could while drafting AP I guess, but I think most were on a mission of getting the line built up for real.
It is a definite argument but the fact that JT has stepped right in and dominated deflames it. This isn't Pocket Change over LT or even Seymour.
-
Fellows...I'm a "you win the game in the trenches" guy as well...always have been....a great O-line is every teams dream...we have a pretty good OL with drafting JT, overpaying for steinbach and taking a Center with the first pick in the draft....OK? Conceeded I'm a OL/DL guy!
But.........LT and AP are SPECIAL guys you "JUST GET" when they are available....Take last wekk...AP got past the line(OL wins)....awesome job by minny's line.....But the next 54 yards are all AP....shaking 4 tacklers and going to the house. I like whoever said ...I haven't seen JT score on a 80 yard run!(good stuff) Those that know me ...know I have wanted a Left Tackle forever...But Lifespan of career be damned, I'd take AP over JT EVERYday!
ANYWAY...doesn't it seem that when the browns have the chance to draft someone special...they always go for need? P.S. I wanted Ricky Williams and all the picks instead of TC(fyi)
-
I could just imagine Peterson running left behind Kevin Shaffer..... espeically in the AFC North....

-
I could just imagine Peterson running left behind Kevin Shaffer..... espeically in the AFC North....

Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login
