I hate to say it but... its rebuilding time.
-
\ said:
Agree again WPB....(I seem to agree with you alot
)
If you could pacakage DA and Winslow and get a great deal...I might do that one....We have some TEs behind K2 that can play...at this moment you have nothing behind BE...you just have to hope we see that change you talk about with BQ at the helm
I find myself not posting to John that much because we basically agree on everything down the line.
-
\ said:
\ said:
\ said:
Agree again WPB....(I seem to agree with you alot
)
If you could pacakage DA and Winslow and get a great deal...I might do that one....We have some TEs behind K2 that can play...at this moment you have nothing behind BE...you just have to hope we see that change you talk about with BQ at the helm
I find myself not posting to John that much because we basically agree on everything down the line.
Yeah but sometimes it might be nice for him to know it!
Appreciate it guys...it is kinda nice to know that it's because you agree (and not because I am just full of sh*t) that I don't get responses!!!
Anyway...in the coming weeks I think we are going to have a much clearer picture (at least offensively) of what we have.
I expect Harrison to continue to get more and more touches (and JL not as many, as he will not likely be in the BIG picture next year). I expect Steptoe and Sanders to both get more looks over the next weeks as well. They have a relationship with BQ from the practice squad and will have better timing with him...so when the coaches cut BQ free he will likely look for them as a safety net.
I also think we may get a look at some of our young guys. Rubin has already cracked the rotation at DL, as has Leonard....but I think Bell may get some shots at ILB, and I think Hall may get increased looks at OLB. Look for Wimbley to be used more as a rover back instead of just a straight up OLB....with him moving side to side to create mismatches.
Personally, I want to see them bring up Pittman and try some 4/3...with Rogers/S.Smith at DT and Williams at one DE and Pittman/Leonard at the other. Rubin can rotate in at DT and Thomas can rotate in at DE to give a nice change of pace. As for LB's...DQ and Williams would be my choice at MLB, with Hall and Wimbley being the primary OLB's...spelled by McGinnest and Orr. I think that front 7 would be a bitch to run against...and would have tons of speed in the LB spot for coverage and lane clogging. Should free up the OLB's and S's on blitzes to get the QB as well.
-
\ said:
I think until all the d-line guys are healthy, the 4-3 thing is too much to ask.It will be very interesting to see Quinn on MNF against a good defense and see how he holds up.
Agreed.
Also with you WPD. I am another who quite enjoys reading your posts. I am sure you are like me and are a bit indifferent to if people give you a pat on the back for good posts (of course compliments are always nice).
-
\ said:
We just aren't going to make this group of players into a championship team. We have a solid group of guys I would like to keep around but the reality is... we need a lot of help.Coaches:
Romeo Crennel must go. Get Cowher... Marty... Id even take Kiffin.
one more time Cowher would never work for Savage and I doubt that Marty would either
Mel Tucker. 9 Games into the season he is still making poor choices. Please tell me why WILLIE MCGINNIST is "covering" a wr?
Please tell me why McGinest is on this team.......Phil .Romeo any answers?
Who is responsible for the terrible 3rd/4th down calls? Is it Romeo or Chud?
Offense:
It appears we have found our franchise QB in Brady Quinn. This issue should now be put to bed, we have to focus on other things. I can live with the dink and dunk, thats chuds fault not bradys.
This is not put to bed! Quinn had a great first game considering. He also played great against lousy teams with overmatched D's in college and choked big in big games against good D's in college! If he plays like he did last night against teams with real D's and teams that are winners then the issue will be closed, of course not until he wins some playoff games!
I'm pretty happy with the Oline, time will make it gradually better barring injury.
you should be happy with a 100 million dollar oline at the expense of all other positions!
Trade Braylon. He's a whiny little bitch and we would be better off with a high draft pick. Package him and DA for a 1st?
Everything else is good, I like the players we have and their abilities on offense.
Defense:
We have a couple good linemen.. Rogers, Smith(s). I thought Jackson was the only one to play well last night. McGinnist should retire, immediately. Davis.. go away. Wimbly... get back to rookie form please. Alex Hall is a keeper, Sure would like to see more of Beau Bell.
pretty good take
Secondary:
Brodney Pool sucks. Brandon McDonald used to show promise, now he's terrible. I like Sean Jones but he's still too raw. Eric Wright is a keeper. Did Adams play yet or is he still out? I didn't see him if he was playing. But I like Adams too.
the DB's .......Savage inherited and dumped were better and are better than this crew
This team needs to change its approach to building. They need to realize you have to build from within through the draft. Savage needs to quit trading away our picks and sticking us with hopes of finding a Diamond in the rough.
Savage is a lousy GM and the foremost problem on this team......we are now done with year four in a ten year rebuilding program
Thanks for the burger Ed, if not for having that in my stomach this defense would have made me puke.
Ed is the greatest.........a real fan and runs the best tailgate in history......he would be a better GM than Savage
/Rant
-
Well I have not attended a game since 06 but if I can help get the fire Savage chant started hell...........I will come to every game until we get that done
He is a loser and bullshitted all to thinking he amounted to more than a hill of beans
This team is no better than what he inherited as we speak.........worse on D..........a little better on O
-
\ said:
BE/K2 had very little time together with BQ...and it showed.While K2 got a ton of catches...it was designed to go that route...and short passes are a more 'direct' pass as opposed to the timing you have to have with the WR on long passes.
As for BE's dropsies....I think a large part of that is due to DA...and I have said this since the beginning. DA's lack of accuracy has given BE a complex. He is gator arming passes...and looking over his shoulder to see where the BIG HIT is coming from.
I saw the OLD BE in the catch nullified by K2's PI penalty. He seemed to be willing to go up and lay out for that pass....because K2 had caught 10 passes without getting lit up or laid out by a BQ pass in my opinion. I think that you will see a DRASTIC reduction in dropped passes by BE and ALL the WR's on this club. Especially when they realize they are getting passes in stride and can get YAC without getting killed.
I don't trade BE or K2. I keep them both, unless we get a killer offer for K2 and Rucker is ready to step in at a high level.
I do look to trade DA (based on BQ's performance the rest of the year) and I look to pick up a veteran DB...but otherwise I stick with this team and go into the draft for the remaining pieces.
Agree with you on the receivers getting gator arms because DA was leading them right into kill shots.
Disagree on us getting more than a hill of beans for Anderson. Every team in the NFL knows damn well (assuming Quinn plays decently the rest of the way out) that the Browns aren't going to pay DA his $5 mil roster bonus come March. They'll sit it out.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login