Skip to content

Tale of the Tape - Browns vs Steelers

The Browns Board
21 10 645 1
  • OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #1

    image.png.903bac42cd9c7bda5c391a5491046f15.png

    Well...these numbers seem to point to Rushing & Turnovers.  We stink at running the ball and the Steelers are very good at stopping the run.

    On the other hand, we're not too good at stopping the run and the Steelers are pretty good at running the ball.

    This obviously is not the scenario we had envisioned when the schedule came out.  I hate losing to the Steelers.  I know that wins, this season, no longer do us any good.....but I hate losing to the Steelers.  I can't even entertain the thought of rooting for a loss to the Steelers!!

  • Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #2

    Totally agree. I'll never root for a loss, ever.  

    I hate griping about fellow fans, but sorry folks, rooting for a better draft pick bites. It's not like they've been good at drafting players.

    I keep harping on the fact the Browns LBs stink. I really hope Schwartz fixes this tomorrow ...teams attacking the Browns on the perimeter with passes, or a simple RB sweep. Both those plays have killed the Browns all year, don't understand the philosophy.

  • Canton DawgC Canton Dawg wrote on last edited by
    #3

    IMG_0297.png

  • AxeA Axe wrote on last edited by
    #4

    @canton-dawg said:

    IMG_0297.png

    And so did his daddy 😉

  • Dick MellonD Dick Mellon wrote on last edited by
    #5

    A lot of people here seem to believe that the refs favor the Steelers.  There is a fringe group of NFL "fans" who believe that every game is like TV wrestling; fixed, scripted and choreographed.  

    I never believed that games were fixed until I saw something disturbing at the PIT @ WAS game where the refs appeared to openly hand the game to the Steelers and not even try to pretend that it was the least bit legitimate. Yes, I am a Steelers fan, but I would prefer that the Steelers won games on their own instead of having the refs hand them victories.

    Here is a link to a short video that clearly documents this.

    thumb-Copy.jpg.ba3411b285707ddada2e302680a6aa00.jpg

  • Dick MellonD Dick Mellon wrote on last edited by Dick Mellon
    #6

    I'm picking CLE to win.  PIT is beat up from the Ravens game and on a short week after a brutal game like that is impossible. 

    I hope all of yinz enjoy the win.  Advance congratulations. Go Browns.

  • I'm picking CLE to win.  PIT is beat up from the Ravens game and on a short week after a brutal game like that is impossible. 

    I hope all of yinz enjoy the win.  Advance congratulations. Go Browns.

    nickersN nickers wrote on last edited by
    #7

    @dick-mellon said:

    I'm picking CLE to win.  PIT is beat up from the Ravens game and on a short week after a brutal game like that is impossible. 

    I hope all of yinz enjoy the win.  Advance congratulations. Go Browns.

    Naw Kevvy will find a way to fuck it up... Just watch...

  • A lot of people here seem to believe that the refs favor the Steelers.  There is a fringe group of NFL "fans" who believe that every game is like TV wrestling; fixed, scripted and choreographed.  

    I never believed that games were fixed until I saw something disturbing at the PIT @ WAS game where the refs appeared to openly hand the game to the Steelers and not even try to pretend that it was the least bit legitimate. Yes, I am a Steelers fan, but I would prefer that the Steelers won games on their own instead of having the refs hand them victories.

    Here is a link to a short video that clearly documents this.

    thumb-Copy.jpg.ba3411b285707ddada2e302680a6aa00.jpg

    Bob806B Bob806 wrote on last edited by
    #8

    @dick-mellon said:

    A lot of people here seem to believe that the refs favor the Steelers.  There is a fringe group of NFL "fans" who believe that every game is like TV wrestling; fixed, scripted and choreographed.  

    I never believed that games were fixed until I saw something disturbing at the PIT @ WAS game where the refs appeared to openly hand the game to the Steelers and not even try to pretend that it was the least bit legitimate. Yes, I am a Steelers fan, but I would prefer that the Steelers won games on their own instead of having the refs hand them victories.

    Here is a link to a short video that clearly documents this.

    thumb-Copy.jpg.ba3411b285707ddada2e302680a6aa00.jpg

    I think back in the 70s, there were some suspicious calls that went their way. Same with Denver. 

    Nowadays, I don't think it's true regarding Pittsburgh. It's shifted towards Green Bay, KC, and prior to that, New England & Indy.

    I just hope the Browns find a way to win. Sustaining drives against Pittsburgh will be tough. 

  • tiamat63T tiamat63 wrote on last edited by
    #9

    Steelers -3.5. 

    Would be interested in the under depending on weather. 

  • A lot of people here seem to believe that the refs favor the Steelers.  There is a fringe group of NFL "fans" who believe that every game is like TV wrestling; fixed, scripted and choreographed.  

    I never believed that games were fixed until I saw something disturbing at the PIT @ WAS game where the refs appeared to openly hand the game to the Steelers and not even try to pretend that it was the least bit legitimate. Yes, I am a Steelers fan, but I would prefer that the Steelers won games on their own instead of having the refs hand them victories.

    Here is a link to a short video that clearly documents this.

    thumb-Copy.jpg.ba3411b285707ddada2e302680a6aa00.jpg

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by
    #10

    @dick-mellon said:

    I never believed that games were fixed until I saw something disturbing at the PIT @ WAS game where the refs appeared to openly hand the game to the Steelers

    Nice post.  Yeah, that was particularly aggreges.  But it was most probably just poor officiating.  The replay official has it in his lap but doesn't see where the heck the ball was when he was touched, doesn't know where the heck to spot the ball (he'd be guessing at a spot)....and they probably just decide that it's simpler to just go with the call on the field rather than have to go explaining why they decided to spot it where they spotted it.   That'd be my guess.

  • I'm picking CLE to win.  PIT is beat up from the Ravens game and on a short week after a brutal game like that is impossible. 

    I hope all of yinz enjoy the win.  Advance congratulations. Go Browns.

    F FY56 wrote on last edited by
    #11

    @dick-mellon said:

    I'm picking CLE to win.  PIT is beat up from the Ravens game and on a short week after a brutal game like that is impossible. 

    I hope all of yinz enjoy the win.  Advance congratulations. Go Browns.

    Shut up already you kiss ass.

  • F FY56 wrote on last edited by
    #12

    The positive thing goin on is that Tomlin is 0-7 on the road on Thursdays.

    Two of those losses came at the hands of the Browns.

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #13

    Image

  • sydS syd

    Image

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #14

    @syd said:

    Image

    Been a while since l had an RC Cola. Never really cared for it much. I remember it having this sort of chalk-like quality.

    Hawaiian Punch is cool but l’m more a Tahitian Treat kinda guy. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #15

    We got our first snowfall of the winter down here in SOhio  and l’m thankful for a working furnace and a tea kettle. Kinda looking forward to a real football weather football game. Between domes and teams in the south, we only get so many of these a year. And it is Pittsburgh, so you know, fuck Pittsburgh. 

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #16

    FUCK pit

  • @syd said:

    Image

    Been a while since l had an RC Cola. Never really cared for it much. I remember it having this sort of chalk-like quality.

    Hawaiian Punch is cool but l’m more a Tahitian Treat kinda guy. 

    sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #17

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Been a while since l had an RC Cola. Never really cared for it much. I remember it having this sort of chalk-like quality.

    Hawaiian Punch is cool but l’m more a Tahitian Treat kinda guy. 

    when i was like 15 or so, I would mix vodka with any of it

  • sydS syd wrote on last edited by
    #18

  • sydS syd

    @ibleedbrown said:

    Been a while since l had an RC Cola. Never really cared for it much. I remember it having this sort of chalk-like quality.

    Hawaiian Punch is cool but l’m more a Tahitian Treat kinda guy. 

    when i was like 15 or so, I would mix vodka with any of it

    IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #19

    @syd said:

    when i was like 15 or so, I would mix vodka with any of it

    Oof, l get it. I once mixed Gin with Yoo Hoo. It was awful, but if you do it right you get excited about it because you’re shit faced and you just created a new drink called Yoo Hoo-gin, which is more fun to say than the drink itself. 

  • IbleedbrownI Ibleedbrown wrote on last edited by
    #20

    I remember Devin Bush being a big name in whatever draft he was in. I just now realized he wears number 30.

    That’s an odd football number. Jamel White is the last guy that comes to mind for the Browns.