The Official Browns at Steelers Game Thread Dec 8th
-
Well I guess I was wrong about this.
Those int’s are not what lost this game. It was a lot more than that.
The INTs are definitely a problem though. The ball is moving down field with Winston. Protection is better. I think Winston will never shake the turnovers.
I attempt to be objective, but it's so damn hard. I have been on the "support Stefanski" side but these mind-blowing pre snap penalties aren't getting any better.
Yet, the team does play hard, just not smart. 3-14 looks probable.
You've got somebody who signed Kadarius Toney, a guy KC let go, after the NYG let him go. If he can't thrive in KC, why bother, really?
So I keep turning back to the owner & front office. Seriously, if we have a "quality control office" with DePodesta, & our roster is littered with low quality or low intellect players, what does Mr DePodesta do ( since 2016)? Can he be demoted? Can he get fired?
All I know is in hindsight, Gregg Williams stepped in after Hue, poof, the pre snap penalties disappeared. Williams is old-school. Maybe old-school isn't effective on today's youth, but the Browns need something like that in the building. Will Jimmy allow it?
The INTs are definitely a problem though. The ball is moving down field with Winston. Protection is better. I think Winston will never shake the turnovers.
I attempt to be objective, but it's so damn hard. I have been on the "support Stefanski" side but these mind-blowing pre snap penalties aren't getting any better.
Yet, the team does play hard, just not smart. 3-14 looks probable.
You've got somebody who signed Kadarius Toney, a guy KC let go, after the NYG let him go. If he can't thrive in KC, why bother, really?
So I keep turning back to the owner & front office. Seriously, if we have a "quality control office" with DePodesta, & our roster is littered with low quality or low intellect players, what does Mr DePodesta do ( since 2016)? Can he be demoted? Can he get fired?
All I know is in hindsight, Gregg Williams stepped in after Hue, poof, the pre snap penalties disappeared. Williams is old-school. Maybe old-school isn't effective on today's youth, but the Browns need something like that in the building. Will Jimmy allow it?
PS- since I've sort of adopted the Lions as my alternate team because of this miserable season I'd like to think Dan Campbell is sort of an old school coach. Other than his crazy penchant for going for it on 4th and short. They were damn lucky on the one with about a minute left in the Green Bay game.
-
The INTs are definitely a problem though. The ball is moving down field with Winston. Protection is better. I think Winston will never shake the turnovers.
I attempt to be objective, but it's so damn hard. I have been on the "support Stefanski" side but these mind-blowing pre snap penalties aren't getting any better.
Yet, the team does play hard, just not smart. 3-14 looks probable.
You've got somebody who signed Kadarius Toney, a guy KC let go, after the NYG let him go. If he can't thrive in KC, why bother, really?
So I keep turning back to the owner & front office. Seriously, if we have a "quality control office" with DePodesta, & our roster is littered with low quality or low intellect players, what does Mr DePodesta do ( since 2016)? Can he be demoted? Can he get fired?
All I know is in hindsight, Gregg Williams stepped in after Hue, poof, the pre snap penalties disappeared. Williams is old-school. Maybe old-school isn't effective on today's youth, but the Browns need something like that in the building. Will Jimmy allow it?
PS- since I've sort of adopted the Lions as my alternate team because of this miserable season I'd like to think Dan Campbell is sort of an old school coach. Other than his crazy penchant for going for it on 4th and short. They were damn lucky on the one with about a minute left in the Green Bay game.
PS- since I've sort of adopted the Lions as my alternate team because of this miserable season I'd like to think Dan Campbell is sort of an old school coach. Other than his crazy penchant for going for it on 4th and short. They were damn lucky on the one with about a minute left in the Green Bay game.
I like the Lions and Bills. Both rust belt teams.
-
The INTs are definitely a problem though. The ball is moving down field with Winston. Protection is better. I think Winston will never shake the turnovers.
I attempt to be objective, but it's so damn hard. I have been on the "support Stefanski" side but these mind-blowing pre snap penalties aren't getting any better.
Yet, the team does play hard, just not smart. 3-14 looks probable.
You've got somebody who signed Kadarius Toney, a guy KC let go, after the NYG let him go. If he can't thrive in KC, why bother, really?
So I keep turning back to the owner & front office. Seriously, if we have a "quality control office" with DePodesta, & our roster is littered with low quality or low intellect players, what does Mr DePodesta do ( since 2016)? Can he be demoted? Can he get fired?
All I know is in hindsight, Gregg Williams stepped in after Hue, poof, the pre snap penalties disappeared. Williams is old-school. Maybe old-school isn't effective on today's youth, but the Browns need something like that in the building. Will Jimmy allow it?
PS- since I've sort of adopted the Lions as my alternate team because of this miserable season I'd like to think Dan Campbell is sort of an old school coach. Other than his crazy penchant for going for it on 4th and short. They were damn lucky on the one with about a minute left in the Green Bay game.
PS- since I've sort of adopted the Lions as my alternate team because of this miserable season I'd like to think Dan Campbell is sort of an old school coach. Other than his crazy penchant for going for it on 4th and short. They were damn lucky on the one with about a minute left in the Green Bay game.
Like the Browns the Lions have been a perennial loser never to have made a SB appearance. And like the Browns they also happen to be winners of 4 NFL Championships, had an 0-16 season, and is a rust belt city. The Browns had Jim Brown, and the Lions had Barry Sanders. They are also one of those teams without a reason to hate.
So I could see why you are attracted to Detroit.Im pulling for them too.
-
PS- since I've sort of adopted the Lions as my alternate team because of this miserable season I'd like to think Dan Campbell is sort of an old school coach. Other than his crazy penchant for going for it on 4th and short. They were damn lucky on the one with about a minute left in the Green Bay game.
I like the Lions and Bills. Both rust belt teams.
I like the Lions and Bills. Both rust belt teams.
I didn't mind the Bills ever, until they lobbied hard & got the OT rules changed for the playoffs (after their 13 seconds debacle).
I hate that as I get older, my "NFL Hate List" grows lol. I don't really hate the Bills, but damn they're an entitled group of fans for sure. I still belong to one of their fan forums (Two Bills Drive) and many of those fans absolutely hate on Cleveland every chance they can.
I'm sure many of us Browns fans thought we'd at least reach a Super Bowl by now after John Dorsey basically got some good players in here, 2018 ish. Well, looks like we're back to the abyss.
-
@hoorta yeah the arrogance of the Browns headquarters is baffling. I realize times have changed from "the customer is always right," but wow, you'd think that me having season tickets since 1979 would pull a little weight.
That's a lot of bad football to witness, so my bad for continuing to hope it gets better. Losing 21 straight in Pittsburgh, 1-31, poor drafts, signing Kadarius Toney, etc etc...
Yep. At some point, the investment doesn'r make sense. I'm in the upper deck, great seats in the 1st row on the 20 yard line. This year it was $2304 for my two seats (I split with my cousin). The $4 cracks me up, a "processing fee." The $2300 causes pain and a deep look in the mirror.
I'll probably never stop this abusive relationship, but I will stop funding it through season tickets. The good days are long gone, the future is bleak & unknown. Haslam will fire this crew & start over with more unproven BS and his stupid-ass structure. Stefanski will go to Las Vegas & win a SB in 5 years.
-
PS- since I've sort of adopted the Lions as my alternate team because of this miserable season I'd like to think Dan Campbell is sort of an old school coach. Other than his crazy penchant for going for it on 4th and short. They were damn lucky on the one with about a minute left in the Green Bay game.
Like the Browns the Lions have been a perennial loser never to have made a SB appearance. And like the Browns they also happen to be winners of 4 NFL Championships, had an 0-16 season, and is a rust belt city. The Browns had Jim Brown, and the Lions had Barry Sanders. They are also one of those teams without a reason to hate.
So I could see why you are attracted to Detroit.Im pulling for them too.
So I could see why you are attracted to Detroit.
Im pulling for them too.
I pull for them because Dan is an Aggie and so is his DC Aaron Glenn. But also because my friend in Las Vegas who lost his oldest daughter and wife within the past two years is a lifelong Lions fan and a Mich St. grad. He deserves to feel better about something in his life.
-
PS- since I've sort of adopted the Lions as my alternate team because of this miserable season I'd like to think Dan Campbell is sort of an old school coach. Other than his crazy penchant for going for it on 4th and short. They were damn lucky on the one with about a minute left in the Green Bay game.
Like the Browns the Lions have been a perennial loser never to have made a SB appearance. And like the Browns they also happen to be winners of 4 NFL Championships, had an 0-16 season, and is a rust belt city. The Browns had Jim Brown, and the Lions had Barry Sanders. They are also one of those teams without a reason to hate.
So I could see why you are attracted to Detroit.Im pulling for them too.
Like the Browns the Lions have been a perennial loser never to have made a SB appearance. And like the Browns they also happen to be winners of 4 NFL Championships, had an 0-16 season, and is a rust belt city. The Browns had Jim Brown, and the Lions had Barry Sanders. They are also one of those teams without a reason to hate.
So I could see why you are attracted to Detroit.I'm pulling for them too.
I have one additional reason FY.... My wife and her two brothers are initially from Toledo. They all grew up as Lions fans. Her brothers are still diehard Detroit fans (one even has a Lions tattoo), my wife has adopted the Browns as her main team, but has always followed the Lions too. So ditto me on that one.
LOL, a former poster here (who I will not name) fancied himself as a QB guru and was singing the praises of Joey Harrington (Jimmy Clausen too, but that's another story) Sue's brothers were faster on the uptake when Joey made it to the Lions, they quickly realized the guy blew dead worms.
Yep, Lions fans have suffered even longer than Browns fans through many crap seasons. Their last Championship was even earlier than the Browns- in 1957. Also won in 1952 and 1953- and ironically, in every one of those Championships- they beat the Browns. Fortunately, I'm not old enough to remember those years to hate on them for it. ?
-
Like the Browns the Lions have been a perennial loser never to have made a SB appearance. And like the Browns they also happen to be winners of 4 NFL Championships, had an 0-16 season, and is a rust belt city. The Browns had Jim Brown, and the Lions had Barry Sanders. They are also one of those teams without a reason to hate.
So I could see why you are attracted to Detroit.I'm pulling for them too.
I have one additional reason FY.... My wife and her two brothers are initially from Toledo. They all grew up as Lions fans. Her brothers are still diehard Detroit fans (one even has a Lions tattoo), my wife has adopted the Browns as her main team, but has always followed the Lions too. So ditto me on that one.
LOL, a former poster here (who I will not name) fancied himself as a QB guru and was singing the praises of Joey Harrington (Jimmy Clausen too, but that's another story) Sue's brothers were faster on the uptake when Joey made it to the Lions, they quickly realized the guy blew dead worms.
Yep, Lions fans have suffered even longer than Browns fans through many crap seasons. Their last Championship was even earlier than the Browns- in 1957. Also won in 1952 and 1953- and ironically, in every one of those Championships- they beat the Browns. Fortunately, I'm not old enough to remember those years to hate on them for it. ?
I have one additional reason FY.... My wife and her two brothers are initially from Toledo. They all grew up as Lions fans. Her brothers are still diehard Detroit fans (one even has a Lions tattoo), my wife has adopted the Browns as her main team, but has always followed the Lions too. So ditto me on that one.
LOL, a former poster here (who I will not name) fancied himself as a QB guru and was singing the praises of Joey Harrington (Jimmy Clausen too, but that's another story) Sue's brothers were faster on the uptake when Joey made it to the Lions, they quickly realized the guy blew dead worms.
Yep, Lions fans have suffered even longer than Browns fans through many crap seasons. Their last Championship was even earlier than the Browns- in 1957. Also won in 1952 and 1953- and ironically, in every one of those Championships- they beat the Browns. Fortunately, I'm not old enough to remember those years to hate on them for it. ?
And like Cleveland wasting the best years of Myles Garrett, the Lions wasted the best years of NFL HOF great Alex Karras. Myles will get inducted too some day, also without a Championship.
-
I have one additional reason FY.... My wife and her two brothers are initially from Toledo. They all grew up as Lions fans. Her brothers are still diehard Detroit fans (one even has a Lions tattoo), my wife has adopted the Browns as her main team, but has always followed the Lions too. So ditto me on that one.
LOL, a former poster here (who I will not name) fancied himself as a QB guru and was singing the praises of Joey Harrington (Jimmy Clausen too, but that's another story) Sue's brothers were faster on the uptake when Joey made it to the Lions, they quickly realized the guy blew dead worms.
Yep, Lions fans have suffered even longer than Browns fans through many crap seasons. Their last Championship was even earlier than the Browns- in 1957. Also won in 1952 and 1953- and ironically, in every one of those Championships- they beat the Browns. Fortunately, I'm not old enough to remember those years to hate on them for it. ?
And like Cleveland wasting the best years of Myles Garrett, the Lions wasted the best years of NFL HOF great Alex Karras. Myles will get inducted too some day, also without a Championship.
And like Cleveland wasting the best years of Myles Garrett, the Lions wasted the best years of NFL HOF great Alex Karras. Myles will get inducted too some day, also without a Championship.
I have much more regret over Joe Thomas’ career being wasted.
-
Fun thought…how much success would Joe Thomas have success against Garrett?
Say for example in passing situations given 10 snaps, how many out of 10 would Thomas block Garrett successfully.
I say 9 out of 10.
Garrett gets past him once.Maybe.
-
Like the Browns the Lions have been a perennial loser never to have made a SB appearance. And like the Browns they also happen to be winners of 4 NFL Championships, had an 0-16 season, and is a rust belt city. The Browns had Jim Brown, and the Lions had Barry Sanders. They are also one of those teams without a reason to hate.
So I could see why you are attracted to Detroit.I'm pulling for them too.
I have one additional reason FY.... My wife and her two brothers are initially from Toledo. They all grew up as Lions fans. Her brothers are still diehard Detroit fans (one even has a Lions tattoo), my wife has adopted the Browns as her main team, but has always followed the Lions too. So ditto me on that one.
LOL, a former poster here (who I will not name) fancied himself as a QB guru and was singing the praises of Joey Harrington (Jimmy Clausen too, but that's another story) Sue's brothers were faster on the uptake when Joey made it to the Lions, they quickly realized the guy blew dead worms.
Yep, Lions fans have suffered even longer than Browns fans through many crap seasons. Their last Championship was even earlier than the Browns- in 1957. Also won in 1952 and 1953- and ironically, in every one of those Championships- they beat the Browns. Fortunately, I'm not old enough to remember those years to hate on them for it. ?
I have one additional reason FY.... My wife and her two brothers are initially from Toledo. They all grew up as Lions fans. Her brothers are still diehard Detroit fans (one even has a Lions tattoo), my wife has adopted the Browns as her main team, but has always followed the Lions too. So ditto me on that one.
LOL, a former poster here (who I will not name) fancied himself as a QB guru and was singing the praises of Joey Harrington (Jimmy Clausen too, but that's another story) Sue's brothers were faster on the uptake when Joey made it to the Lions, they quickly realized the guy blew dead worms.
Yep, Lions fans have suffered even longer than Browns fans through many crap seasons. Their last Championship was even earlier than the Browns- in 1957. Also won in 1952 and 1953- and ironically, in every one of those Championships- they beat the Browns. Fortunately, I'm not old enough to remember those years to hate on them for it. ?
I'll admit it, I've been rooting for the Lions ever since someone posted that funny video of Goff under disguise.
Baker has one too that's good.
Though, I normally root against them so they don't get a super bowl before the Browns.
Hello! It looks like you're interested in this conversation, but you don't have an account yet.
Getting fed up of having to scroll through the same posts each visit? When you register for an account, you'll always come back to exactly where you were before, and choose to be notified of new replies (either via email, or push notification). You'll also be able to save bookmarks and upvote posts to show your appreciation to other community members.
With your input, this post could be even better 💗
Register Login