Skip to content

Browns Have #2 Overall Draft Pick

The Browns Board
241 25 7.0k
  • @orion said:

    Honestly, I don't really value 6th & 7th round picks.  I see them as possible backups, ST players, and bums...the vast majority of the time.

    I hear ya!  And when this team hasn't drafted in the 1st round the last 3 years - it's about time this FO can show us they know how to build a team.  The team/FO (Howie Roseman) that Andrew Berry worked under were pretty good building their team through the draft to interest veteran players like Barkley and Brown from wanting in on it. It's time for Berry to show us what he can do in the draft.  Yes JOK was terrific but this will be Berry's 6th year back with this team. It's go time. No excuses.

    I can't tell you how true this is - but I have heard it said more than once by draft analysts covering the draft during the 7th round.  Regarding a 1st salary/contract, it's more advantageous to be an Undrafted Free Agent/UFA than it is to be a 7th round pick.  However, one has to imagine the ego of a player that has always dreamed of hearing his name announced with the team that drafted him is a very special feeling.  

    OrionO Orion wrote on last edited by

    @flugel said:

    Regarding a 1st salary/contract, it's more advantageous to be an Undrafted Free Agent/UDA than it is to be a 7th round pick

    Sure.  Now you can choose where you go.  You can choose the highest bidder, the most chance of team success, or the best chance of personal success.  And on the team side, you're selecting what is essentially an Undrafted Free Agent...that has to come to your team.