Skip to content

Who Are You Taking For Browns at #2?

The Browns Board
108 19 3.5k 1
  • @orion said:

    Oooo...we hate the Steelers!   And our guys just love to call the bet and raise don't they.

    Ya know, most of the draft gurus think that Ward is going to be taken before Sanders....and that includes teams trading up to #1. 

    I'm seeing a lot of people put Ward as the 1st QB in the mock drafts  - like the one I shared had the Giants taking Ward after TN took Carter and the Browns took Hunter.  They wouldn't do that if they weren't hearing it or reading it or actually thinking it. We'll see my man!

    @flugel said:

    I'm seeing a lot of people put Ward as the 1st QB in the mock drafts  - like the one I shared had the Giants taking Ward after TN took Carter and the Browns took Hunter.  They wouldn't do that if they weren't hearing it or reading it or actually thinking it. We'll see my man!

    Oh Tom, you know this is the silly season when they float a lot of misdirecting rumors out there to throw off the competition.?

  • All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

  • All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    @nickers said:

    All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    He'll be tempting for a lot of teams. BPA - he's #1 overall IMO.  How many times is 1 player the best WR and one of the best corners in a draft?  A lot of QBs in this league want a weapon like Hunter. 

  • @nickers said:

    All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    He'll be tempting for a lot of teams. BPA - he's #1 overall IMO.  How many times is 1 player the best WR and one of the best corners in a draft?  A lot of QBs in this league want a weapon like Hunter. 

    @flugel said:

    He'll be tempting for a lot of teams. BPA - he's #1 overall IMO.  How many times is 1 player the best WR and one of the best corners in a draft?  A lot of QBs in this league want a weapon like Hunter. 

    You know BB would be all over that pick... Would love to to see 2 way players merge back into the league... it makes the game fun...

  • All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    @nickers said:

    All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    Travis Hunter seems to be a rare dominating talent, and that is on either side of the ball?

    I'd draft him. I don't see any downside - he would make the Browns' offense far more dangerous, as well as a threat to other offenses' passing game.

       I still wonder if stefanski will figure out how to be more creative to use a talent like Hunter - and I don't know if Dorsey helps that much.

      And I think the Browns will not draft a qb at #2. I think, anyways. But, maybe the Titans draft Hunter, although Cam Ward probably fits as their pick.

      Then, maybe Abdul Carter would be the player that makes the Browns' defense even more dangerous - with Garrett, they could both dominate. I keep seeing Carter as being far removed from the car towing assault crap - so there's that. Hopefully, anyways.

       This draft will really be fun to watch, since we actually HAVE a first round pick again. The damage from the _)+__)(&*_+() watson trade is stil not gone.

    NOTE: Here is an interesting couple of values:

    Travis Hunter is given a 6.89 prospect grade by NFL Redline.

    Abdul Carter is given a 7.0 prospect grade !

    Shadeur Sanders is given a 6.3 prospect grade.

    Cam Ward is given a 6.39 prospect grade.

    and my favorite player, Tyler Warren, 6.77 prospect grade.

    That is interesting stuff, I think.

      Go Browns, and don't draft a qb this year at #2.

  • @nickers said:

    All I will say is Travis Hunter on one side and Jeudy on the other.... appeals to me big... There aren't many opportunities to get a pairing like that...roll with Flacco and Pickett this year... get our guy next year?.... ,,,, Tough choice....

    Travis Hunter seems to be a rare dominating talent, and that is on either side of the ball?

    I'd draft him. I don't see any downside - he would make the Browns' offense far more dangerous, as well as a threat to other offenses' passing game.

       I still wonder if stefanski will figure out how to be more creative to use a talent like Hunter - and I don't know if Dorsey helps that much.

      And I think the Browns will not draft a qb at #2. I think, anyways. But, maybe the Titans draft Hunter, although Cam Ward probably fits as their pick.

      Then, maybe Abdul Carter would be the player that makes the Browns' defense even more dangerous - with Garrett, they could both dominate. I keep seeing Carter as being far removed from the car towing assault crap - so there's that. Hopefully, anyways.

       This draft will really be fun to watch, since we actually HAVE a first round pick again. The damage from the _)+__)(&*_+() watson trade is stil not gone.

    NOTE: Here is an interesting couple of values:

    Travis Hunter is given a 6.89 prospect grade by NFL Redline.

    Abdul Carter is given a 7.0 prospect grade !

    Shadeur Sanders is given a 6.3 prospect grade.

    Cam Ward is given a 6.39 prospect grade.

    and my favorite player, Tyler Warren, 6.77 prospect grade.

    That is interesting stuff, I think.

      Go Browns, and don't draft a qb this year at #2.

    @calfoxwc said:

    Travis Hunter seems to be a rare dominating talent, and that is on either side of the ball?

    I'd draft him. I don't see any downside - he would make the Browns' offense far more dangerous, as well as a threat to other offenses' passing game.

       I still wonder if stefanski will figure out how to be more creative to use a talent like Hunter - and I don't know if Dorsey helps that much.

      And I think the Browns will not draft a qb at #2. I think, anyways. But, maybe the Titans draft Hunter, although Cam Ward probably fits as their pick.

      Then, maybe Abdul Carter would be the player that makes the Browns' defense even more dangerous - with Garrett, they could both dominate. I keep seeing Carter as being far removed from the car towing assault crap - so there's that. Hopefully, anyways.

       This draft will really be fun to watch, since we actually HAVE a first round pick again. The damage from the _)+__)(&*_+() watson trade is stil not gone.

    NOTE: Here is an interesting couple of values:

    Travis Hunter is given a 6.89 prospect grade by NFL Redline.

    Abdul Carter is given a 7.0 prospect grade !

    Shadeur Sanders is given a 6.3 prospect grade.

    Cam Ward is given a 6.39 prospect grade.

    and my favorite player, Tyler Warren, 6.77 prospect grade.

    That is interesting stuff, I think.

      Go Browns, and don't draft a qb this year at #2.

    Dorsey was canned... I think Tommy Rees is the dude now... And Kevvy is taking back the play calling...I'm with you on the various ways to draft this year... Don't know much about Tyler Warren.. But I'm not the book rat I used to be..

  • @calfoxwc said:

    Travis Hunter seems to be a rare dominating talent, and that is on either side of the ball?

    I'd draft him. I don't see any downside - he would make the Browns' offense far more dangerous, as well as a threat to other offenses' passing game.

       I still wonder if stefanski will figure out how to be more creative to use a talent like Hunter - and I don't know if Dorsey helps that much.

      And I think the Browns will not draft a qb at #2. I think, anyways. But, maybe the Titans draft Hunter, although Cam Ward probably fits as their pick.

      Then, maybe Abdul Carter would be the player that makes the Browns' defense even more dangerous - with Garrett, they could both dominate. I keep seeing Carter as being far removed from the car towing assault crap - so there's that. Hopefully, anyways.

       This draft will really be fun to watch, since we actually HAVE a first round pick again. The damage from the _)+__)(&*_+() watson trade is stil not gone.

    NOTE: Here is an interesting couple of values:

    Travis Hunter is given a 6.89 prospect grade by NFL Redline.

    Abdul Carter is given a 7.0 prospect grade !

    Shadeur Sanders is given a 6.3 prospect grade.

    Cam Ward is given a 6.39 prospect grade.

    and my favorite player, Tyler Warren, 6.77 prospect grade.

    That is interesting stuff, I think.

      Go Browns, and don't draft a qb this year at #2.

    Dorsey was canned... I think Tommy Rees is the dude now... And Kevvy is taking back the play calling...I'm with you on the various ways to draft this year... Don't know much about Tyler Warren.. But I'm not the book rat I used to be..

    @nickers said:

    Dorsey was canned... I think Tommy Rees is the dude now... And Kevvy is taking back the play calling...I'm with you on the various ways to draft this year... Don't know much about Tyler Warren.. But I'm not the book rat I used to be..

    ah, I missed that !

    I really like Rees - hell yeah !

    https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/tommy-rees-has-come-full-circle-as-new-offensive-coordinator-for-the-browns

    "

    While they work through the quarterback situation for the 2025 season, Rees said their goal is to build an offense that has the flexibility to cater to a quarterback's strengths, as well as highlight the rest of the offensive players on the field.

    "It's always going to be player centric. It's always going to be in the front of the mind to make sure we're doing things that are sound football wise and then how do we create opportunities for our players and our offense to be explosive," Rees said. "I think we want to put together a system that our players can have confidence in. Whether that's run or pass or anywhere in between, we want to make sure that everything we're doing has a 'why' to it,"

  • Don Shula was the master at seeing the systems in place met the skill set of the players.

    When he had Unitas in Baltimore, the O centered around Unitas.  Then at Miami it centered around his trio of great backs, then went back to the passing attack when Marino entered the building.

    Players don't have much flexibility when it comes to what they do well and don't do well.  The smart coach does. It's a matter of expanding ones knowledge or aligning with a coach who does. That doesn't rely on a physical skill which in most cases is a either you have it or you don't situation.  A coach can't tell a receiver he needs to knock a half second off his 40 time or his LT needs to lengthen his arms a few inches in the off season.

    The Dorsey deal didn't work, mostly because it was a hastily arraigned marriage. I think the union between Stefanski and Rees will work because there is already a working relationship between the two.

  • IMG_0894.jpeg

  • @canton-dawg said:

    IMG_0894.jpeg

    Rosenhaus: Now remember Abdul - we're not going to let them know you need surgery until after we get that hot signing bonus.

    Carter: Say what?

    Rosenhaus:  No. Say nothing.

    CD, all kidding aside - the 1st 4 picks are going to be very interesting...  

  • @canton-dawg said:

    IMG_0894.jpeg

    and on a side note. Kirk Cousins was having lunch in Avon

  • sydS syd

    @canton-dawg said:

    IMG_0894.jpeg

    and on a side note. Kirk Cousins was having lunch in Avon

    @syd said:

    and on a side note. Kirk Cousins was having lunch in Avon

    ...with a realtor...about buying a house...

  • @canton-dawg said:

    IMG_0894.jpeg

    Garrett and Carter would be a major problem for an offensive team coming into our loud stadium. 
     

    I recall hearing about Carter’s injury leading into the Notre Dame game (sack and two TFLs) in that game and seemed his usual disruptive self. 
     

    I think he brings a lot of versatility not just blitzing off the edge in the third down but dropping back into coverage.  Definitely not a liability either breaking down and making tackles even though he’s a mad man off the edge. 
     

    He’d be my pick but I think our pick is Travis Hunter - the nerds in the front office will like him and the coaching staff will utilize him on both sides of the ball

  • So, what do we infer from the Browns sending a bunch of brass, including Jimmuh, to Carter's pro day, including having dinner together, and only one person, assistant GM, going to Ward's pro day?

  • So, what do we infer from the Browns sending a bunch of brass, including Jimmuh, to Carter's pro day, including having dinner together, and only one person, assistant GM, going to Ward's pro day?

    @orion said:

    So, what do we infer from the Browns sending a bunch of brass, including Jimmuh, to Carter's pro day, including having dinner together, and only one person, assistant GM, going to Ward's pro day?

    what do we infer ? hopefully we concur that jimmah needs to stay the hell away from our team

  • So, what do we infer from the Browns sending a bunch of brass, including Jimmuh, to Carter's pro day, including having dinner together, and only one person, assistant GM, going to Ward's pro day?

    @orion said:

    So, what do we infer from the Browns sending a bunch of brass, including Jimmuh, to Carter's pro day, including having dinner together, and only one person, assistant GM, going to Ward's pro day?

    It's a fake out. They'll take Ward. Ya know JH loves them QB's.?

  • So, what do we infer from the Browns sending a bunch of brass, including Jimmuh, to Carter's pro day, including having dinner together, and only one person, assistant GM, going to Ward's pro day?

    @orion said:

    So, what do we infer from the Browns sending a bunch of brass, including Jimmuh, to Carter's pro day, including having dinner together, and only one person, assistant GM, going to Ward's pro day?

    The Assistant GM was the only one in the FO that got to see a healthy #2 overall prospect participate in the Pro Day.

    Or, the answer you want to see (and it could be right) - Cam Ward just isn't their guy.  

  • @orion said:

    So, what do we infer from the Browns sending a bunch of brass, including Jimmuh, to Carter's pro day, including having dinner together, and only one person, assistant GM, going to Ward's pro day?

    The Assistant GM was the only one in the FO that got to see a healthy #2 overall prospect participate in the Pro Day.

    Or, the answer you want to see (and it could be right) - Cam Ward just isn't their guy.  

    @flugel said:

    The Assistant GM was the only one in the FO that got to see a healthy #2 overall prospect participate in the Pro Day.

    Or, the answer you want to see (and it could be right) - Cam Ward just isn't their guy.  

    And to me.. Shedeur Sanders looks like Tyrod Taylor 2.0 Except his feet are stuck in buckets of mud! I think him and Ward will get eaten alive in the NFL... Wards release looks slower than water dripping out of a spigot!

  • @flugel said:

    The Assistant GM was the only one in the FO that got to see a healthy #2 overall prospect participate in the Pro Day.

    Or, the answer you want to see (and it could be right) - Cam Ward just isn't their guy.  

    And to me.. Shedeur Sanders looks like Tyrod Taylor 2.0 Except his feet are stuck in buckets of mud! I think him and Ward will get eaten alive in the NFL... Wards release looks slower than water dripping out of a spigot!

    @nickers said:

    And to me.. Shedeur Sanders looks like Tyrod Taylor 2.0

    I have also compared him to Tyrod in that he doesn't throw receivers open but rather waits for them to 'be' open.  

  • toudch  be im sick